IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

8 hours ago, avatar! said:

Porsche driver filmed and taunted 4 police officers as they lay dying on the highway at a crash scene

https://www.insider.com/man-pleads-guilting-to-filming-dying-police-officers-crash-scene-2021-3

Last year, Richard Pusey, a mortgage broker from Melbourne, was driving his Porsche on a highway when four officers pulled him over for speeding. As the officers were arresting Pusey, a passing truck driver veered into the lane and plowed into their cars on the side of the road...Pusey, 42, had been standing away from the officers. Before fleeing, he pulled out his phone and filmed the officers, some of whom were pinned under the truck, for more than three minutes..."Amazing. Absolutely amazing," he said, according to the Australian Associated Press. "All I wanted to do was go home and eat my sushi, and now you have f---ed my f---ing car."

Some people in my opinion are worth nothing more than being fertilizer, this utter shite is one of them. I think the world would be better without this sociopath...

So you're saying, he was just he being he... a pusey 😛

On 3/19/2021 at 3:35 AM, fcgamer said:

This is sooo Taiwanense...the silly promo, the folks trying to game the system for free shit, the outcome. I love it!

Maybe @OptOut heard of this too?

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4154988

The "quotas on name changes" part is pretty crazy -- is it that common to change your name in Taiwan that it is likely one of his other relatives has already met their quota?  (though they'd need to be able to burn 2 name changes to not get stuck with the same stupid name)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Bond revoked for woman charged in deadly crash suspected of street racing

Carmesia Flannigan, who is accused of the deadly crash, has failed to comply with the conditions of her bond by picking up a new charge, according to new court documents.

Sunday morning, she was racing her vehicle in excess of the speed limit on Arkadelphia Road when she crossed the center lie and struck an oncoming vehicle head-on. “The defendant then fled the scene and falsely reported to law enforcement that her vehicle had been stolen and that she, the defendant, was in Atlanta.

https://www.cbs42.com/news/local/bond-revoked-for-woman-charged-in-deadly-crash-suspected-of-street-racing/

Why was this piece of shite ever released on bond?

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

The "quotas on name changes" part is pretty crazy -- is it that common to change your name in Taiwan that it is likely one of his other relatives has already met their quota?  (though they'd need to be able to burn 2 name changes to not get stuck with the same stupid name)

It's really common because Taiwanense are generally a bit superstitious, and similarly Chinese language makes use of a lot of homophones. So to give an example of what I mean, in English:

If a guy has a small penis and his name is Richard Less, he might then change his name to something like Richard Grand, or Richard Balls or something like that, in hopes it will remedy the situation somehow.

Sometimes this stuff is done if a child is having a lot if health problems as a very young child (my friend has a student vwhose sister already went through a name change, and she's not even a year old yet!), other times adults will change their names, usually picking a homophone that sounds like gold / money / fortune / luck or whatever.

Actually one of my exes wanted to change her name because the one character sounded similar to the word for “seperate", which would imply bad luck for relationships, etc.

So yeah it's very common here.

How could a high school football coach think anti-Semitic play calls were appropriate?

https://sports.yahoo.com/high-school-coach-fired-for-holocaust-audible-play-calls-massachusetts-202055552.html

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/duxbury-cancels-upcoming-football-games-in-wake-of-investigation-into-anti-semitic-remarks/2337591/

Duxbury's school superintendent, John Antonucci, had confirmed Tuesday that the "highly offensive language" used by the team included anti-Semitic remarks, and said there may have been other "inappropriate and derogatory language" used as well.

Amazing how much hurt one racist ass (in this case the coach) can do to a community. But, glad to hear that the community is taking this seriously instead of blowing it off or denouncing it as simply "cancel culture" because it's anything but that!

@avatar!agreed, mostly.  I don't see the fairness in screwing those kids over though canceling a game, let alone potentially the entire season.  Depending on their age, that's when you get scouted for scholarships into college.  Or is this a guilt by association so they all burn thing because one of them could have spoke up so they're all complicit style logic?  Coach deserved being fired if not worse.

12 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@avatar!agreed, mostly.  I don't see the fairness in screwing those kids over though canceling a game, let alone potentially the entire season.  Depending on their age, that's when you get scouted for scholarships into college.  Or is this a guilt by association so they all burn thing because one of them could have spoke up so they're all complicit style logic?  Coach deserved being fired if not worse.

They had to cancel at least a few games, otherwise it would be like them just shrugging their shoulders and saying "whatever". I doubt they'll cancel the entire season, and remember they need to find a coach too! Sure, they might have an assistant coach but that coach certainly would be complicit, so they do also need some time to find another coach.

Oh no I know you're right, I was thinking longer term, even if they just need to find a parent who is semi-capable who could with team help, could just take existing notes or tactics and work up some way about it until a proper replacement would be found.  They're getting screwed because of a true racist, unlike the usual term being thrown around with no weight behind it the last few years or so.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 3/12/2021 at 10:22 AM, avatar! said:

Porsche driver filmed and taunted 4 police officers as they lay dying on the highway at a crash scene

https://www.insider.com/man-pleads-guilting-to-filming-dying-police-officers-crash-scene-2021-3

Last year, Richard Pusey, a mortgage broker from Melbourne, was driving his Porsche on a highway when four officers pulled him over for speeding. As the officers were arresting Pusey, a passing truck driver veered into the lane and plowed into their cars on the side of the road...Pusey, 42, had been standing away from the officers. Before fleeing, he pulled out his phone and filmed the officers, some of whom were pinned under the truck, for more than three minutes..."Amazing. Absolutely amazing," he said, according to the Australian Associated Press. "All I wanted to do was go home and eat my sushi, and now you have f---ed my f---ing car."

Some people in my opinion are worth nothing more than being fertilizer, this utter shite is one of them. I think the world would be better without this sociopath...

This is why I'm not necessarily against cruel and unusual punishment

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 11:52 PM, avatar! said:

How could a high school football coach think anti-Semitic play calls were appropriate?

https://sports.yahoo.com/high-school-coach-fired-for-holocaust-audible-play-calls-massachusetts-202055552.html

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/duxbury-cancels-upcoming-football-games-in-wake-of-investigation-into-anti-semitic-remarks/2337591/

Duxbury's school superintendent, John Antonucci, had confirmed Tuesday that the "highly offensive language" used by the team included anti-Semitic remarks, and said there may have been other "inappropriate and derogatory language" used as well.

Amazing how much hurt one racist ass (in this case the coach) can do to a community. But, glad to hear that the community is taking this seriously instead of blowing it off or denouncing it as simply "cancel culture" because it's anything but that!

I don't get why the game needed to be canceled if it was just one guy doing this...just have someone else take over as acting/intern coach in the meantime just like any other time a coach leaves or is dismissed.  Then you have this one guy in the second story say the whole rest of the season should be canceled, why?  The guy responsible has already been punished (and I don't mean just getting fired; he's now very much Internet INfamous)...why needlessly punish all the other guys on the football team who had nothing to do with this?

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Estil said:

I don't get why the game needed to be canceled if it was just one guy doing this...just have someone else take over as acting/intern coach in the meantime just like any other time a coach leaves is dismissed.  Then you have this one guy in the second story say the whole rest of the season should be canceled, why?  The guy responsible has already been punished (and I don't mean just getting fired; he's now very much Internet INfamous)...why needlessly punish all the other guys on the football team who had nothing to do with this?

The players were also in on it, and yes they're arguably naive high school students. However, they still uttered antisemitic slurs and it would be very poor of the school to not cancel a few games while the investigation is ongoing. The students will also need some training. Again, they're "just" high school students, but there's no way they didn't know what they were saying was wrong. If you read the articles, it notes that they used slurs in practices, but avoided them in games. Why? well surely they knew they were wrong! Canceling a few games also shows the community they take this seriously. I think they were absolutely right in canceling a few games, and they are not going to cancel the season.

• Like 1

13-year-old buys car for $80, then causes fatal high-speed wreck, Tennessee cops say

https://www.yahoo.com/news/13-old-buys-car-80-192227776.html

Nashville police say Katrina Russell, 37, sold a Dodge Dart to the teen, who was driving the morning of a deadly wreck on March 5. She handed over the keys in exchange for $80, the boy told police. The teen was invoved in a hit-and-run, drove through a red light, swerved to avoid another vehicle, lost control of the car and hit a Dodge Challenger in the parking lot of an O’Reilly Auto Parts, according to police.

• Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Florida House Party Gets a Pass After Sheriff’s Deputies Find Their Boss There

‘NO NOISE VIOLATION’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/florida-house-party-gets-a-pass-after-sheriffs-deputies-find-their-boss-there

When Florida sheriff’s deputies responded to complaints about a noisy gathering last Saturday, they were bamboozled by one of the attendees. The Broward County sheriff, Gregory Tony, was partying in the Parkland home. Body camera footage shows the deputies leaving after learning he was there. The Broward County public defender, Gordon Weekes, said the officers appeared to “cower away.” The everyday person, he said, “doesn’t get that level of deference from law enforcement when they have that kind of encounter.” But it was a member of Weekes’ own department that flexed the sheriff’s presence in front of the officers. Assistant public defender Susan Lawson, who lived in the home, repeated the sheriff’s name during the conversation with the deputies and told one, “You can talk to your sheriff” when he asked her to turn her music down. A spokeswoman for the sheriff’s department pointed out the city’s noise ordinance was not yet in effect when officers responded. “The deputies responded and determined there was no noise violation. The outcome would have been the same under the same circumstances if someone called in a noise complaint to your home.”

• Like 1

Screenshot-from-2021-04-13-19-39-56.png

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article250629189.html

The legal fight over the police seizure of $17,000 in Mooresville took on a Whac-A-Mole quality this week with a judge again holding the town in contempt only to see town officials file another appeal to stop her. On Monday — and for the second time this year — Iredell County District Judge Christine Underwood threatened town leaders and police with jail time for not returning Jermaine Sanders’ money. The judge gave officials seven days to comply with her signed order or she would start putting people behind bars...At the very least, the town’s decision to extend the fight over the money makes it increasingly likely that town taxpayers will spend far more in legal costs than police will ever receive from their November seizure...

“I haven’t had a civil contempt case where the defendant is a town. But because the law is pretty standard, it’s no different procedurally than your average, everyday deadbeat parent who doesn’t pay child support.”

I don't know all the details, but I like this judge! Mayor, police chief in jail for not complying with the law - YES please! 😄

Civil asset forfeiture involving individual residence needs to stop or in the very least be far more fairly regulated. Until then, throw corrupt police and politicians in jail until they rot... rot harder that is!

Edited by avatar!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/violent-home-invasion-ends-masked-151643932.html

I am not sure which I find more baffling - that the grandson thought it was a good idea to rob his grandfather or the grandfather not recognizing him (by his voice if nothing else).  Vaguely reminds me of my 2 non-existent grand children wanting me to bail them out of the hoosegow somewhere out of state. (Although one of them cleverly said he didn't sound like himself since the police had beat the poo out of him during the arrest and damaged his vocal chords in the process ......).

Edited by Tabonga

On 4/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, avatar! said:

Civil asset forfeiture involving individual residence needs to stop or in the very least be far more fairly regulated. Until then, throw corrupt police and politicians in jail until they rot... rot harder that is!

It needs to stop completely.

If there are assets that can legitimately be seized, it needs to happen following due process as part of punishment for an actual crime or civil suit.

Without a clear conviction or loss of civil suit, there is never any excuse to take anyone's property or assets.

3 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Yesterday, a customer in his late 20s left a 20 dollar tip on a take out order on a $14 order. He also wrote "your cute" on the slip to the 17 year old waitress who cashed him out. He also paid with his girlfriend's credit card.

Classy.

The girlfriend might consider it a bargain if she flogged him off on the waitress for the $20 tip ........