IGNORED

Console Debate #6 Playstation 4/Playstation 4 Pro

fox

How do you rate the Playstation 4/Playstation 4 Pro?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Playstation 4/Playstation 4 Pro?

• 10/10 GOAT. Greatest console of all time.
    • 9/10 Bad@$$. One of the best.
    • 8/10 Exceptional. Everyone should play it.
    • 7/10 Superior. More than a few games you like.
    • 6/10 Good. You might occasionally enjoy playing it.
    • 5/10 Average. Smack dab in the middle.
    • 4/10 Mediocre. Not something you will go out of your way to play.
    • 3/10 Inferior. There are better alternatives to this.
    • 2/10 Poor. Barely worth turning on.
    • 1/10 Trash. No redeeming features.
    • Haven’t played, but interested.
    • No interest in it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2020 at 05:59 PM

I completely skipped the PS4 gen, but thanks to the PS5 being able to play PS4 discs, I've been playing through some of the big titles that I missed.

Ratchet & Clank -  a fun reboot/reimagining. I enjoyed my playthru of it, and if I didn't have other games I wanted to try, I'd probably check out the the "Challenging mode". (Basically New Game+ feature where you play thru it again with more/tougher enemies, but you keep your gear/upgrades)

Infamous: Second Son - Really fun game. Played thru both the Good and Evil story lines. (It's a pretty straight forward platinum trophy for anyone interested in that sorta thing)

Crash N'Sane Trilogy - Another remaster with some added features that the original games were lacking. It's one that looks great now, but still simple enough gameplay that my wife enjoys joining in.

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - They really did a good job maintaining the feel of the original while making everything look fantastic. I was worried going into it that the game play would feel different (which would be a huge let down because the original CTR is the best cart game ever made)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1&2 - They did a great job combining the games to make it seem like 1. Gets a little repetitive once you start playing through the game multiple times with the different skaters. I mean who really wants to play thru the thing 20 times?

Horizon Zero Dawn - Beautiful game. Kinda struggling getting used to the controls, but after some practice I'm sure it'll be fine.

God of War - Wow. Gorgeous, fun to explore, great world building storyline, tons of side quests, a lot of equipment customization to suit your play style. I'm about half way through this one and I love it. 

And there are tons more that I'd like to get to from that gen. Red Dead, Spiderman, The Last of Us Part 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Uncharted 4, and many others.

So, judging strictly from the library I'd call it a solid platform. I can't speak to the performance of the system though, but the games look and run great on a PS5. lol

That said, I'll give it an 8/10

• Like 2

I owned one for a few months before I sold it, didn't really find games that appealed to me, but I'm not necessarily convinced I wouldn't find them if I looked again. Probably won't bother until I can get it as cheaply as I can currently get PS3 stuff.

In terms of what it was, hard to see it as anything but a PS3 with cheese. If I could plug PS4 directly into my full-screen TV then I'd probably replace it, but then it would likely serve the same purpose of just being a media box.

Interested in PSVR, but I will likely skip it for PSVR re-design on PS5, which of course I'm also skipping until they make a box that isn't stupidly oversized.

Some solid first party games like Bloodborne & GoW but I've found the system dropped off for me after the first few years. Also wasn't a fan of the mid cycle upgrade that they did (and also Xbox). I have had no reason to turn on my ps4 for over a year which I think isn't a good sign of the library. A lot of their exclusives have also gone to PC, so even less of a reason for me to turn it on.

Probably my second favorite PS console after PS2. Fantastic exclusives, Fantastic games in general. When the generation first started I really thought I was losing interest in gaming because it just felt like the same garbage over and over. Somewhere in the middle of its lifecycle it really renewed my interest in the hobby, in addition to the Switch. PS3, Wii and Wii U just didn't really do it for me. Now I am just as much in love with modern gaming as ever. PS4 is surprisingly one of my biggest collections too, unintentionally, but I just kept finding new games I wanted. Plus it has my favorite PS controller design by far. Only thing I'd knock it for was too many rereleases of PS3 games and no backwards compatibility. But I'd still give it a resounding 9/10.

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Yes, definitely.  

PS1>PS4>PS3>PS2

And before anyone jumps on me, ranking the PS2 last doesn't make it bad.  

Yeah I was about to say, I also was never a super huge fan of the PS2. Not that it's bad, I just kind of skipped that whole generation of consoles.

44 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Have you played a PS4?

Yes, remember how I made a big deal about getting trophies on the PS3/PS4 several months back and how much I enjoyed DQ11?  And hope to soon get the recently released remake (as soon as I can get $40 worth of loose change under my couch...)?

But just like the first two Nintendo consoles, the first two Sony consoles will always be the best.  Especially in terms of historical blue chip games and such.