IGNORED

North American Super NES launch titles

Mario_Friend1982

North American Super NES launch titles  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite North American Super NES launch title?

• F-Zero
    • Gradius III
    • Pilotwings
    • SimCity
    • Super Mario World

15 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Killer necro bump. 😅

I'd say SMW is the favorites but F-Zero was more impressive in the moment despite it's overall limited play.

I don't know, despite the fact it got no respect on the votes here, I'd give that to Pilotwings.  While lacking the sense of speed, it did far more to show off the scaling, rotation, the works of what the SNES and Mode7 could do better than F-Zero did.  With all the angle and height changes, shifting perspectives, variances in how it all worked within a specific run or between different flight equipment it really was a showy thing.  F-Zero no slouch, far better in the color and audio department, speed too, but largely other than the pan into the race basically just was a chase cam.

Honestly, the older I get, the less necrobumps feel like necrobumps. A thread from 2012? That was like, yesterday, wasn't it? Oh, it was a decade ago...

Anyway, Super Mario World for me. I still love them all though. Pilotwings is great, I beat it again last year - still don't know how the hell to fly the hang glider though.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Good poll. I went with Super Mario World, as it's the one I've played the most out of the 5. Although I do really love Gradius III.

Well said, same here.  I did all I could, saved all I could, as I never sold off old games for new, so when Gradius III and ActRaiser showed up a couple weeks after launch I grabbed both.  Such stunning pieces of work they both are.

• Like 1