IGNORED

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread

Quest4Nes

Yeah liar.  I did some extensive vintage TMNT searching the other day due to a tub of them I picked up to figure out what I had and the (ultimately insane) value of some of them.  There are a LOT of them with all the accessories and very very reasonably priced, even at the vintage level.  The newer and more printed they are in the decades since, yeah, that's a liar right there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah liar.  I did some extensive vintage TMNT searching the other day due to a tub of them I picked up to figure out what I had and the (ultimately insane) value of some of them.  There are a LOT of them with all the accessories and very very reasonably priced, even at the vintage level.  The newer and more printed they are in the decades since, yeah, that's a liar right there.

Yea, vintage line, some get INSANE but most of them really aren't that bad. Although, just like everything else, it's all went up in the past 18 months.

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Yea, vintage line, some get INSANE but most of them really aren't that bad. Although, just like everything else, it's all went up in the past 18 months.

True all the scamming going on since the original lockdowns is truly sad and unavoidable.  More the reason I was stunned at the tote of stuff I picked up for as little as it was.  Blew my mind away there was like 1300~ in toys of which just 3 made up a good chunk of that.  It's over in the find thread a few days back with a pic/explanation.  That's how I knew what you were getting at as I was digging to figure stuff out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some guy recently opened a case via Paypal for an item that was damaged.  On eBay I only ship within the USA and the global shipping program.  Well this person, without me knowing, had me ship to an address that reships things to Europe and elsewhere.  They did not use the global shipping program.  Well it was damaged on its way to Europe.  They sent me pictures of the damaged games.  They never opened an eBay case.  They went straight to Paypal.  The person went as far as to claim they picked it up from the shipping center in the US which was a lie because I called the shipping center and they said they shipped it to him in Europe.  He didn't even pay for them to repackage them for the overseas journey. 

He claimed I shipped CIB games in a padded envelope, which I did not.  I shipped them in boxes and I put the boxes in poly mailers.   His only evidence is a very close up picture of the label on the poly mailer and pictures of the damaged games. And claimed he threw all the other packaging out.  Amazingly, Paypal told him to return the games (from Europe), and I guess they plan on forcing me to give him a refund.  They haven't yet though.   So those of you who think you are safe just shipping locally... might want to think again.

• Angry 1

Something that I’ve noticed lately is that  I only get the 5% eBay bucks offers after I make an expensive purchase. What’s dumb is that it’s only good for 2-3 days. I thought that after the last one but I confirmed it today. I haven’t purchased anything on eBay in months until yesterday. Wouldn’t you know it, today I get the 5% offer. Funny how that works, lol. 

25 minutes ago, 16BitBricks said:

Something that I’ve noticed lately is that  I only get the 5% eBay bucks offers after I make an expensive purchase. What’s dumb is that it’s only good for 2-3 days. I thought that after the last one but I confirmed it today. I haven’t purchased anything on eBay in months until yesterday. Wouldn’t you know it, today I get the 5% offer. Funny how that works, lol. 

I completely forgot ebay bucks was still a thing

22 hours ago, 16BitBricks said:

Yeah - I spent $130 on something and got that offer the next day.

58 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Yay me - I had a package coming to Denver from ebay and yesterday it was at one of the Denver sorting centers.

Today it is visiting a sorting center in Omaha.  

Guess it needed a scenic tour.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but the worst offender I ever had was a package that went straight from the seller from somewhere like NY to northern NC (basically a couple of hours from me, guaranteeing delivery the following day if things go right) in the first day of 8-day-guaranteed-UPS-ground service, to the UPS center in my town by the next morning (SW VA), then off to middle TN, middle KY, back to NC, through my town again (less than a mile from the house I was living in at the time, no less), back to middle TN, then to the UPS place a city over, THEN back to the center by my house...and finally out for delivery...on day 8.  I think sometimes the a-holes routing this stuff just look at it and go, "Oh, we've got xxyy days to get this to its destination, I'll just keep it going to help fill out this truck" instead of sending it off on the right truck the first time, because, Oh God, something might get delivered early for once.

• Wow! 1

Social Team · Posted
4 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but the worst offender I ever had was a package that went straight from the seller from somewhere like NY to northern NC (basically a couple of hours from me, guaranteeing delivery the following day if things go right) in the first day of 8-day-guaranteed-UPS-ground service, to the UPS center in my town by the next morning (SW VA), then off to middle TN, middle KY, back to NC, through my town again (less than a mile from the house I was living in at the time, no less), back to middle TN, then to the UPS place a city over, THEN back to the center by my house...and finally out for delivery...on day 8.  I think sometimes the a-holes routing this stuff just look at it and go, "Oh, we've got xxyy days to get this to its destination, I'll just keep it going to help fill out this truck" instead of sending it off on the right truck the first time, because, Oh God, something might get delivered early for once.

Had a USPS package go from Toledo, Ohio to Puerto Rico, to Cincinnati, Ohio

the naked gun facepalm GIF

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

So I bought a game from a seller whose name is notracking.  As his name implies, he does not provide tracking on his sales.  I ordered a game and sure enough, no tracking, no package after more than two weeks, and no communication from the seller. 

eBay sided with me (duh).  

frinkiac GIF

That is really odd to say up front - I thought tracking was now free even on media mail packages.   

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

There's nothing to see here. Move along!

Well it was Nebraska - the only state that I have driven across that is more boring is Montana. 

On the bright side it made its way home and is being delivered today.  I hope it had some good music to listen to on its sightseeing detour.

2118050732_images(1).jpeg.1339ef5fe481c4e5ab2fbe12fe342b44.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

That is really odd to say up front - I thought tracking was now free even on media mail packages.   

This is what his listing says:

Disc have a 100% satisfaction guarantee & free return shipping.
I have been selling on eBay for a long time. eBay's policy for shipping requires tracking to maintain a TR seller rating. So I have started this new account for items like this that I can ship without tracking.
Disc will be shipped in a sleeve inside a stiff cardboard envelope that will be mailed like an ordinary letter. If you would like to have tracking, I will offer USPS First Class shipping for an additional $2.00.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have no idea about free tracking.  I personally don't have a problem with the listing because I don't need tracking on a cheap game.  But if I order something, I still expect them to ship it.  And when I contact them two weeks later asking where my game is, I expect some type of response. 

No shipment, no communication.  I don't think he puts much effort into his second store. 

But I got my money back. 
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

This is what his listing says:

Disc have a 100% satisfaction guarantee & free return shipping.
I have been selling on eBay for a long time. eBay's policy for shipping requires tracking to maintain a TR seller rating. So I have started this new account for items like this that I can ship without tracking.
Disc will be shipped in a sleeve inside a stiff cardboard envelope that will be mailed like an ordinary letter. If you would like to have tracking, I will offer USPS First Class shipping for an additional $2.00.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have no idea about free tracking.  I personally don't have a problem with the listing because I don't need tracking on a cheap game.  But if I order something, I still expect them to ship it.  And when I contact them two weeks later asking where my game is, I expect some type of response. 

No shipment, no communication.  I don't think he puts much effort into his second store. 

But I got my money back. 

I see what he is doing - seems kinda silly to save a pretty small amount of money.  

5 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I see what he is doing - seems kinda silly to save a pretty small amount of money.  

He also runs he risk of someone scamming him.  If they receive the game, but tell eBay that they didn't get it, he has no way to prove he mailed it.  I guess since he is only selling cheap games through this store, it might be worth the risk.

But yes, I agree it seems silly and probably not worth the effort to run a second store.  

It doesn't matter much to me.  I got my money back with little to no effort on my part.  I'll order the game from someone else.  I only ordered from this store because I have the case and manual for a game, but no disc.  I figured it would be super easy and cheap to find a disc only version of a common game.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

34 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

He also runs he risk of someone scamming him.  If they receive the game, but tell eBay that they didn't get it, he has no way to prove he mailed it.  I guess since he is only selling cheap games through this store, it might be worth the risk.

But yes, I agree it seems silly and probably not worth the effort to run a second store.  

It doesn't matter much to me.  I got my money back with little to no effort on my part.  I'll order the game from someone else.  I only ordered from this store because I have the case and manual for a game, but no disc.  I figured it would be super easy and cheap to find a disc only version of a common game.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of course it makes you wonder how many he actually sends out - if they are cheap enough many people may not even bother after failing to make contact to complain.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

So I bought a game from a seller whose name is notracking.  As his name implies, he does not provide tracking on his sales.  I ordered a game and sure enough, no tracking, no package after more than two weeks, and no communication from the seller. 

eBay sided with me (duh).  

frinkiac GIF

Let me guess, if you check his ebay name history, captainobvious pops up 😄