IGNORED

Just got a Nintendo Switch. What do i do now????

JVOSS

4 hours ago, JVOSS said:

@JamesRobot, @RH, @Makar, @Estil, @phart010, @Jeevan,
@Quest4Nes, @Richardhead, @Reed Rothchild, @Tabonga, @Californication, @The Strangest, @Sumer, @DoctorEncore, @RegularGuyGamer and @ZeldaFreak

Thanks for all the info.  looks like i have to catch up on 20+ years of gaming quickly.

No problem! You got this! Any other questions please ask us all. 

• Like 1

Amiibos

11 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just go ahead and pretend those don't exist

I agree with Reed.  Avoid Amiibos for the most part. They are basically Nintendos answer to Funko Pop, but they have RFID strips on them so games can detect them and do whatever they want when they read the value.  I mean, if you see a figure you like, then sure, get it and use it as shelf candy.  There's nothing wrong with that. I have a new Cloud Strife Player #2, and I have no intent on using it.  There are also a couple of Samus ones I want but, again, this is just for shelf candy.

However, if you do get a game that give additional rewards for touching an Amiibo to the controller and you want the rewards... then look on eBay for NFC (near field communication) cards that are specific to the amiibo.  I wanted to use the rewards with Breath of the Wild so I bought pack of all of the "Zelda" amiibos.  I think I paid $10 and I got between 25-35 cards that act like the amiibos.  It's way cheaper and easier to deal with when swiping them on the controller.