IGNORED

Music Debate #79: Miley Cyrus

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rating explanations down below

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite artists of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking band. Or artist.
    • 8/10 - Great sound, great songs, great albums.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. More than a few songs you like. You'd entertain the thought of seeing them live if they were in the area. Or still alive.
    • 5/10 - They're okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen to.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There may be a song or two, or an album that you dig, but you'd rather listen to other stuff.
    • 3/10 - Not very good. You will more likely than not turn the station if they come on the radio.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - In the running for worst artist/musician of all time. You would rather take a cheese grater to your face than listen to this.

6 minutes ago, themisfit138 said:

A solid goose egg. 0/10.

The only points I gave her is that it's evident she grew up in the industry and learned how to build a salable brand.  We are not her target demo but she played a game and played it well.  Granted, you can play the entertainment game well and not be good at your job and that's nothing to praise, IMHO.  That said, I see the work she did and I give her a couple points on execution.

Taylor Swift is another gal that's played the execution game extremely well and has been the best at it in probably the last 20 years and she too is another talentless singer who's simply working to make an image that appeals to a fan base, while making mildly passable music that gets significant air play.  For just once, I wish a real singer/songwriter would command the industry like these ladies have captured their markets but, you know, actually be able to sing and play good music.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

I know this may sound truly outrageous but you guys remember the 80s cartoon Jem?  Isn't it pretty much the same basic idea that Hannah Montana was?  Regular teen girl by day, superstar performer by night.  In any event I know Miley couldn't just be a cute teen girl forever and had to mature some as a performer I guess...but did she really have to go so over the top freak show about it? 😞   Especially that tongue thing *shudders*

As for Taylor Swift (my wife really liked her back when she was an up and coming 17 year old; Taylor, not my wife!) and I don't care how ultra liberal her political views might be...Mark Twain says that anyone who loves kitties is my friend and comrade without further introduction so...

9eeb7204668be0eda8ee51edd11af388.jpg

Somebody didn't get their cats spayed or neutered!  Someone should tell Bob Barker on her! 😄 

5 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

2/10. Just really bad pop music presented badly sung by a girl with a bad voice.

Um, excuse me have you seen the Hannah Montana movie? The whole movie is about how she's going to lip sync a song for a concert but then it turns out her real voice is ACTUALLY AMAZING. Duh.

4 hours ago, Estil said:

In any event I know Miley couldn't just be a cute teen girl forever and had to mature some as a performer I guess...but did she really have to go so over the top freak show about it?

Freak show brings in the $$$ as much as anything else, and it fits her talent level. 😛