IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Contra Force

BeaIank

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

well now, 2 of ya's has beat it, i might have to make one more final run!!!!!!!!!    I got further, actually to the last boss!  Now i feel like @Bearcat-Doug wanting to up my score lol.  One more run and then getting ready for work.

I wish I could up my score, but I'll be lucky if I get a Q Bert participation score in tonight. I might as well take those extra 3 points if I can get them.

12 hours ago, Jeevan said:

70530    is this game getting fun?  

20200628_173330.thumb.jpg.e8861e906bb02864afb5026cf0eda661.jpg

@ninjistar 

This game totally got fun and I wasn't going to be the one to let all the sleeping giants know that earlier in the week. You getting that much higher than me should make it easy to walk away. I really just want to play it because I know I otherwise probably won't again for a while and I've really come to enjoy the game. Well done reaching the last boss!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

well now, 2 of ya's has beat it, i might have to make one more final run!!!!!!!!!    I got further, actually to the last boss!  Now i feel like @Bearcat-Doug wanting to up my score lol.  One more run and then getting ready for work.

Nice work getting to the end! Now you have to beat it right?

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

So yeah, the rules for this game were broken. I went out of my way to not point press. I had a score of over 90k and never posted it because I felt I was “point pressing”. Hell. I didn’t wanna post my 78k.  So here we are. I’m out ladies and gents. 

obviously I have no real say in this, but if u didn't legitimately try to point press then post it.  this game is broken in general.  I backed up a time or two just barely and the damn enemies would respawn.  I was like wtf just happened.....idk just my 2 cents

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

So yeah, the rules for this game were broken. I went out of my way to not point press. I had a score of over 90k and never posted it because I felt I was “point pressing”. Hell. I didn’t wanna post my 78k.  So here we are. I’m out ladies and gents. 

I will only consider something as point pressing if you deliberately keep revisiting a screen to get points.
If it happened because of a missed jump or game messing you up, it is fair game. Can't control that at all.
Post that 90K score and it will be accepted.

4 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

obviously I have no real say in this, but if u didn't legitimately try to point press then post it.  this game is broken in general.  I backed up a time or two just barely and the damn enemies would respawn.  I was like wtf just happened.....idk just my 2 cents

Never took a picture and I’m not in a position to play again.  I played all week long to get my score. I out. This is stupid. I even voiced my concerns and nobody ever said a word about it. Is what it is I guess...

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

If I play again, I will either get a lower score or a higher score due to point pressing. 

I had a feeling this would be a problem as soon as I saw his 88k posted. Rules said no point pressing. I dont know how you get to 88k without it, but Id be open to hearing an explanation. I dont believe the champ would have made 10k worth of mistakes that lead to enemies respawning. On this note, I thought it was a classy move of @Gaia Gensouki to post a score just under yours when he beat the game. Id be willing to bet he did that on purpose. 

However it turns out, you are the contra force champion in my mind. You beat it early when the game was having its way with me. Big respect earned from me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I have more in me, but probably not today

vgs-ninjistar-contra-force-score-2020.jp

I did a few runs tonight and this is where I die every time. I assume you are also dying trying to catch the dropping platform? I dont know how I got passed it the first time. Havent been able to do it again. With the slowdown, you are suspended in the air too long and I seem to land on it right when it starts to blow up. 

I had never played through this game before.  I never went through any section more than once.  I did see every part of every level as far as I know.  Going through it the first time, I got around 70k.  As I was going through a second time, I realized that you can shoot a lot of things.  The one major thing I found was that you can shoot the engines on both sides on the airplane level.

I got my score before I knew Richardhead even posted his.  Unfortunately I've been busy this week.  I did see that with these rules, it would be another time where the best player would be at a disadvantage because of being able to get through the game faster and scoring less points.

Edited by bertsampson

5 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

The one major thing I found was that you can shoot the engines on both sides on the airplane level.

I almost posted at one point that is was really cool to blow up the planes, but it doesn't award points. Was I seeing that wrong?