IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Contra Force

BeaIank

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You beat me by 900 points. I was thinking you posted another score. Oh well, I would have had to beat the game to make the top 4 so it was easier to take the easy 3 points by posting a Q Bert score.

Just like when I beat skinny because he screwed off all week, a win is a win! I'll take a win against you any week no matter how I get it. I played 5 minutes of q-bert last night and that was about enough. Ill probably try to get to participation level and get an early start on target renegade. It looks fun

Just now, NESfiend said:

Just like when I beat skinny because he screwed off all week, a win is a win! I'll take a win against you any week no matter how I get it. I played 5 minutes of q-bert last night and that was about enough. Ill probably try to get to participation level and get an early start on target renegade. It looks fun

I only finished 900 points ahead of @Kid Dracula, so 1800 points was the difference between 5th and 7th this week. Q Bert isn't bad, I just can't figure it out past Level 3-1. Target Renegade is a fun game. It's fairly similar to Double Dragon.

15 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I only finished 900 points ahead of @Kid Dracula, so 1800 points was the difference between 5th and 7th this week. Q Bert isn't bad, I just can't figure it out past Level 3-1. Target Renegade is a fun game. It's fairly similar to Double Dragon.

Despite getting drunk all day, Kid got another run in and beat us both by quite a bit. He submitted a score in the 60k range knocking me down to 6 and you to 7. I think Ninji got the 8th spot with a score of around 30k. He died at the same spot I kept dying when I went to sumbit another score Sunday night. Level 3 where you have to jump on the platform that blows up. I had no trouble with it the first time I got there, but died three times there last night and gave up. 

29 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Despite getting drunk all day, Kid got another run in and beat us both by quite a bit. He submitted a score in the 60k range knocking me down to 6 and you to 7. I think Ninji got the 8th spot with a score of around 30k. He died at the same spot I kept dying when I went to sumbit another score Sunday night. Level 3 where you have to jump on the platform that blows up. I had no trouble with it the first time I got there, but died three times there last night and gave up. 

Ouch. I really got knocked down to 7th? At least I stayed in the top 8 I guess. It's a good thing I got that Q Bert score in to make up for the points I lost this week.

15 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Ouch. I really got knocked down to 7th? At least I stayed in the top 8 I guess. It's a good thing I got that Q Bert score in to make up for the points I lost this week.

If it makes you feel better, our scores were good enough to win by quite a bit the only time this game was played in the contests before. High score was less than 40k, though only 4 people played in 2010. Bea took the week off because she didn't have the game.

Just now, NESfiend said:

If it makes you feel better, our scores were good enough to win by quite a bit the only time this game was played in the contests before. High score was less than 40k, though only 4 people played in 2010. Bea took the week off because she didn't have the game.

2010 was before my time. I didn't start playing in the contests until 2012. We only had a handful of people playing back then, but we did hit as many as 40 players a few times during the 2013/2015 seasons.

• The topic was unpinned