IGNORED

Game Debate #2: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Rating explanations down below

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • No interest in playing it.

10.  I have loved the Elder Scrolls since Morrowind and am a fan of Zelda. BOTW brought what I like about both series into one great game.

It had been a while since I could just explore a world for 100 and enjoy the whole time.  BOTW brought it back like Morrowind did it for me originally.

• Like 1

Good game. I am actually currently playing it. I have done 3 of 4 divine beasts quests, completed the memory quests, got the master sword, done a bunch of other shit too. I think I’m gonna get the final Divine beast and beat the fame though. Shits getting kinda old.🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Richardhead
  • Like 1

10. Exploring is super fun and it doesn’t put you on rails. It dots the horizon with shiny objects and makes you go find them. I love the weird open dungeons too. I know some people didn’t like the dungeons but traditional Zelda dungeons are getting a little formulaic.

My main criticisms are the shines are too easy, especially considering all the cool abilities you could theoretically be combining and the framerate is pretty junk.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Functionalry this is probably the best Zelda. Like to sit and play a game, boy does this one nail it. 

But it lacks fun dungeons, the shrines are all pretty samey, and weapon degradation had me not wanting to use my good weapons. 

All fixable though. Looking forward to the sequel and hoping there's a bit more story focus and Dungeon exploration. 

• Like 3

10 - Another day one buy for me. BotW doesn't necessarily do anything revolutionary, but it takes the better concepts of several games, mashes them together, polishes it up, and executes it very well. I enjoyed combing through every square inch of that map and hunting every Easter egg. It's incredibly well done and sits near the top of my all time favorites.

My biggest gripe is the same with nearly any modern game: DLC... and it isn't going away anytime soon. There's been countless threads on countless forums beating the DLC horse to death, so it's hard to expect BotW to be different. Luckily, it's popular enough to be re-released as a "complete" version in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skorp said:

Not the best Zelda game, but in recent years, it is the best.

Which do you like better? I haven’t played this one yet so Zelda 2 stands as my favorite, maybe Twilight Princess ties it. From all the hype, I expect this one to make second place in my book; first place wouldn’t surprise me but 2 stands pretty damn tall.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Link said:

Which do you like better? I haven’t played this one yet so Zelda 2 stands as my favorite, maybe Twilight Princess ties it. From all the hype, I expect this one to make second place in my book; first place wouldn’t surprise me but 2 stands pretty damn tall.

Zelda: A Link to the Past truly holds my heart from all. Just a masterpiece imo.

• Like 3

Amazing game, but I'm kind of really burned out on discussing "breakable weapons" over and over again. I honestly think everything that could be said on a forum about this game has been done to death already. 😛

9/10. Apologies for putting it down like that. 

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, Gloves said:

I just... don't get it?

why is that hard to believe......i have yet to want a switch.......it think the only thing i would use it for would be virtual console or whatever it is nowadays.........

why waste money on that when i can buy carts 😛 

Edit:  maybe not "believe" but why is it hard to wrap your head around maybe?

I have never played it as I stated above, love from n64 back tho.  and of course OG link's awakening!

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 1

10. Zelda is my favorite series and this might be my favorite one (mainly because nostalgia is hard to beat). I love the exploration of finding new interesting corners all over the world even many dozens of hours into my playthrough. I 100%ed the game (including untracked things like powering up all the armor) because I liked the game so much (it sure wasn't due to any in game reward). 

I still haven't played the DLC (I rarely do in most games), but I was planning on going through it on my second playthrough when I forget many of the specifics (which I might be getting close enough to being I last played it over 3 years ago). 

I don't mind having the breakable weapons. It's fun having to plan around your current arsenal and it made me get more comfortable with all the weapons. The rain wasn't the most fun, especially when doing that flame quest. But once you get that jumping ability (Ravioli's gale?), it's much easier to circumvent your climbing abilities in the rain. I also would have appreciated better dungeons. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

Functionalry this is probably the best Zelda. Like to sit and play a game, boy does this one nail it. 

But it lacks fun dungeons, the shrines are all pretty samey, and weapon degradation had me not wanting to use my good weapons. 

All fixable though. Looking forward to the sequel and hoping there's a bit more story focus and Dungeon exploration. 

I'd say that it lacks in just about everything not in the ideas themselves but rather the implementation of them. The clothes upgrades at the fairy and weapons/shields getting stronger should give a sense of accomplishment after all you've progressed towards them but they feel more of a curiosity. I never really need them because i already get by with the above average gear that i always have anyway so 10 attackpoints here or there makes little difference. Earning money from the hunting and gathering is underutilized in a similar way because there's really no shopping aspect to speak of. The treasure chests are lame they give some rubbish that you already have plenty of and fighting random grubs is kinda boring too more often than not i just skip them.

They needed to create a broader value in all the shit that you do in the game it all feels so gimmicky.

• Like 1