IGNORED

fcgamer finds

Vintage TMNT, and foreign no less with that art is fantastic -- Save it!

It needs the humidity sucked out of it somehow, followed up with some anti-stink, even if that makes garbage bag and a lot of rice or kitty litter.  Anything more harsh would ruin the paint job I fear.

Also that Gun Girl game, wasn't that made/sold on this site?  It looks fun, but looks like I missed out because some troll is trying to net $300+ on ebay for it which I think NOT.  Good on you getting that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Vintage TMNT, and foreign no less with that art is fantastic -- Save it!

It needs the humidity sucked out of it somehow, followed up with some anti-stink, even if that makes garbage bag and a lot of rice or kitty litter.  Anything more harsh would ruin the paint job I fear.

Also that Gun Girl game, wasn't that made/sold on this site?  It looks fun, but looks like I missed out because some troll is trying to net $300+ on ebay for it which I think NOT.  Good on you getting that.

Cool, thanks for the suggestions! Out of rice and cat litter, do either of these work better? I definitely think I'd prefer rice, otherwise kitty might decide to add a golden shower into the mix. 😛

The GGGG game, it was originally sold on Famicom in Japan, then Justin @neodolphino 's company released it here on VGS on NES

i need to get back to it, it's fun yet there were a few points I want to clarify for next time I play, for when I try to complete the game.

edit: it's really sickening if the vultures have already swept in to try to resell the game, at such steep prices, seeing as it was just released not too long ago.

Edited by fcgamer

Mail call, grabbed these from two local friends.

Let's start with Teenage Queen. It's a DOS game on a 5 1/4 floppy, it seems to be an original. Grabbed it from an English expat down south, he also had a Tetris game that I sadly missed out on.

Speaking of Tetris, a good collector friend of mine sent me this bootleg Tengen Tetris cartridge. Now Tengen Tetris is quite common on the Famicom, but this particular cartridge is quite rare. Sadly, there is some corruption of the graphics, by wiggling the game back and forth I was able to get them straightened out. This might be a good candidate to send to my engineering friend to get fixed at some point. It doesn't matter much anyway though, as it was a free gift for buying the next game.

The Earth Defend. Yes, I got a loose copy of this a few months back, bit was asked if I wanted to upgrade to a CIB one. This original print is so much rarer than the version that was released in the west. 

Now since I have an extra cart, that will go up for sale or trade.

It feels good to be one game closer to a complete CIB / CB* set of Taiwanense MD games.

*Some games are thought to have been released without manuals.

IMG20210809225001.jpg

IMG20210809224954_01.jpg

IMG20210809225006.jpg

• Like 4

I just updated and checked my lists for the unlicensed original Taiwanese Sega stuff. 

I'm really should make a proper wanted list of what I'm missing, as I'm sure I could possibly fill in a few of the blanks looking abroad, though I think that after 10+ years of searching for these games, I've also come to terms of not having them all. 

It's a funny thing, prices have gotten a lot higher over here locally, I definitely didn't get a steal on Earth Defend, though my friend sold it to me for the same price that he had paid, previously. Since the supply of cheap games has dwindled, I don't mind paying fair prices for quality items that I'm missing, and I actually still am probably spending less OVERALL than back in the olden days, as there's just not nearly as many items around.

From my count, I'm missing about 14 games, though there are a few situations where I think I have errors in my list, so I may actually need only about 11 or 12 games.

I also have about 8 games where I am missing boxes. I am also missing some manuals, though as mentioned earlier, I know for a fact that some of these games never even had manuals, having purchased and opened multiple copies bought new from the store, so I'm not terribly concerned about manuals.

Most of the games I'm missing seem to be much later releases.

On a different note, wouldn't mind getting the Russian unlicensed stuff, the USA unlicensed stuff, etc but definitely isn't a priority and I'd want to buy it in bulk.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Cool, thanks for the suggestions! Out of rice and cat litter, do either of these work better? I definitely think I'd prefer rice, otherwise kitty might decide to add a golden shower into the mix. 😛

The rice thing is a myth, as it's been proven again and again that putting something in rice versus just laying it out in the open on a countertop (or such) is just as effective.  Kitty litter has been shown to help with absorbing excess moisture within rooms, so that one might provide some benefit.  If you're primarily worried about getting moisture out of the wood the board is made out of, blowing fans across it and putting it in a room where a humidifier is running will be the best ways to get moisture out of the way, as professionals do those exact same things when treating places that have waterlogged floors/walls (due to flooding, busted pipes, etc.).

Good luck on saving such a cool piece!

3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

The GGGG game, it was originally sold on Famicom in Japan, then Justin @neodolphino 's company released it here on VGS on NES

i need to get back to it, it's fun yet there were a few points I want to clarify for next time I play, for when I try to complete the game.

edit: it's really sickening if the vultures have already swept in to try to resell the game, at such steep prices, seeing as it was just released not too long ago.

No problem.  I've had to deal with nicotine head liars/omitters of the truth before with paper and wood, it blows.  I also found that fabric softener sheets worked amazing, but you got to be careful, if you use the scented ones they'll put that smell into the paper and wood type products quite easily.  I had one manual that stank like a chimney, had to let it stew in a sealed bag for a MONTH with dryer sheets.  Cig smell was entirely removed, but replaced with a nice ocean breeze or whatever it was scented which still is an improvement at least.  It never comes out entirely unless there's some commercial grade stuff, but I doubt it.  I do agree with clyde there, if you have a humidity control device and a closed space to stuff it in, that would leech the moisture out to whatever degree you wish it depending how good the device is.

And yeah, the scum are at it, look: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=gold+guardian+gun+girl&_sacat=0

• Sad 1

What a shitty week it's been, having some major issues with my foot and I walk about one mile to and from work every day, so pairing that with standing for large portions of the day at my job, and I'm screwed. I'm really looking forward to the weekend, just so I can sleep and be away from the pain for a good while. Doctor thinks it's an injured ligament, but in Taiwan, the show must go on, we need to behave as robots.

On a better note, I added some really nice pieces to my collection today. While many of these were boxed upgrades of loose carts (which I'll later be selling), you rarely see this type of stuff, especially in such nice condition. 

I got these all for a very, very nice price from a friend who is getting out, and I hope that maybe I'll have a chance of filling in some other gaps in my collection, which I've been missing for 10+ years, in the near future. Let's see what happens 🙂

First up are two multicarts from Sane Ting. IIRC, Sane Ting had made the multicarts with the Bubble Bobble character wandering around the screen. These games both date from 1988, a 5 in 1 and a 10 in 1. The company would later make SFC copiers, for which they are more famous, imo anyways.

Next up is a series of multicarts, company unknown (I'll load them up later to check if there's data on the title screen). The 42 in 1 is a new "quick load" version, using a dipswitch to switch between the 22 and 20 in 1 menus; the original version of this cartridge was reset-based. Actually Tsing Hai (?) was credited to this cartridge, so as these seem to be a series, maybe they did all three of them?

Next up is a four in one cartridge, brought to us by the guys that also brought us American Video Entertainment. Yeeeaaah!!!

How about some DKC for the Famicom? @OptOut is "lucky" as he's getting my loose copy of this game.

Boxed Yuu Yuu Fighter? Yes, please!

Then there's two pictures of freebies, I think I have some of these already but I'll likely make some upgrades and what not. The boxed Batman bootleg for MD I think I'm missing.

And finally two official Codies games for Famicom. Not mine, I picked them up for a European friend and will sell / send them to him at cost, we have a really great friendship and have helped each other obtain stuff so many times over the years, these are the types of folks that make the hobby fun. 🙂

As a side note, the Codies FC games sell for a pricey amount of money in Poland, there's a huge demand for them there, part of their Pegasus culture.

IMG20210818221716.jpg

IMG20210818222812.jpg

IMG20210818223647.jpg

IMG20210818224251.jpg

IMG20210818224408.jpg

IMG20210818224549.jpg

IMG20210818224647.jpg

IMG20210818224702.jpg

IMG20210818224711.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

I've seen that cartridge on eBay before. Is it Super Donkey Kong - Xiang Jiao Chuan? Or that Super Donkey Kong bootleg that has 5 levels from Donkey Kong Land?

It's the one with the 5 levels or whatever.

Both of those games are admittedly not very good, imo, though I find the Hummer Team one to be excellent.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fcgamer said:

What a shitty week it's been, having some major issues with my foot and I walk about one mile to and from work every day, so pairing that with standing for large portions of the day at my job, and I'm screwed. I'm really looking forward to the weekend, just so I can sleep and be away from the pain for a good while. Doctor thinks it's an injured ligament, but in Taiwan, the show must go on, we need to behave as robots.

Sure it’s not a case of the gout? Like that King of the Hill ep where Bobby gets it from eating too much deli meat. Then he gets a rascal scooter and crashes his middle school dance. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/19/2021 at 12:12 PM, Murray said:

Sure it’s not a case of the gout?

Went to a different doctor today, stayed home from work as the pain was so bad last night I didn't fall asleep until after 5 a.m. Then when I got up to get ready for work, realised there was no way I could hobble down there, so I messaged my manager that I wasn't coming in.

This doctor I went to was recommended to me by a doctor friend. The doctor took an x-ray and the bone structure looks fine.

He gave me a different set of pills to take and took blood samples, he thinks that since the pain showed up suddenly, it actually could be a case of gout.

We should find out more next Thursday.

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 4

Came back from a follow up appointment with the doctor. Blood work was in, definitely was a case of gout 😞

Was talking to a colleague of mine, she said apparently it's extremely common here due to the diet and what not, though likely some other issues (psoriasis and being overweight) also contributed, plus I hadn't been drinking much water around the time I had this flare up.

So after that news, I realised I was quite near a junk shop, so I decided to stop off there before heading home.

This shop has never had much of interest, but I'll occasionally stop by as the owner and his dad are really friendly, and it's still fun to look.

Tonight I grabbed a bootleg dancing Pikachu.

Not sure if I'll keep it, sell it, or take it in to work, lol. Such garbage this is, haha.

IMG20210826211533.jpg

IMG20210826211527.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

This up coming week I've got a nice set of stuff arriving, thanks to a good friend whose getting out of the game.

This past weekend though, didn't get much. Grabbed a bootleg SMW for laughs, as well as an overpriced Wii Sports Taiwan version. Didn't have it, wanted it, nothing else of interest and I like the shop owners, why not?

Then went to the truck nearby to grab some snacks 😂

IMG20210906014802.jpg

IMG20210906014811.jpg

IMG20210906014825.jpg

IMG20210904214945.jpg

• Like 2