IGNORED

fcgamer finds

Grabbed some stuff last night at a game shop near where @OptOut lives. Usually a woman is there managing the shop but for the first time in ten years did I walk in to see the husband. I felt a bit nervous as I had no idea what his attitude would be like, in terms of pricing the games.

As it turned out, he gave me much nicer prices than his wife would have, actually that's pretty common over here.

i went to the shop last night to grab those two 3DS games. They are Japanese versions with a special sleeve around them designating them as Taiwanense/Hong Kong versions. I had gone in there about eight months earlier and wanted these, but the lady wanted $30 each. Last night I got them for $30 for the pair.

The shop still has a few others with some stickers added branding them as Taiwanense releases, but they're definitely not as near as the full sleeves ones, so I let them sit for now, though I might grab them next time I'm there, if they're still around.

With the exception of the DS game, the other stuff was just random stuff that I grabbed, as I figured "Why not?" After going to the same shops and seeing the same items time and time again, I guess you start feeling attached to the few remaining scraps.

As for the DS game, I honestly have no idea how it ended up on my pile. I didn't even want it, but now since I have it, no idea what I'll do with it.

IMG20210411145126.jpg

IMG20210411145202.jpg

IMG20210411145028.jpg

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@fcgamer Didn't you already have Rockman NGPC?  I really should get it back, price just bugs me but it's so much fun.

I didn't see you bring up the N64 pirate multicarts?  And what's up with the GBC BB/SF2 looking thing?

Yeah, I found a loose one awhile back. I also have extras of gals fighters, cotton, and another game. I'll throw up pics and prices later.

Because I got all these for a very decent price, I'm definitely not looking for full value, rather I'd prefer to pass them on to others like you, who'd appreciate them.

$100 for Rockman, I'd throw it in with the other goodies I'm sending you. Interested?

IMG20210411163026.jpg

• Like 2

@Tanooki Oh those n64- looking carts are actually famiclone carts with educational games on them, in Thai language.

Regarding the 2 in 1, it's a Taiwanense-made multicart. I didn't have much to say about bit, do I didn't mention it, but I should have as I know you're really into the GB multicart stuff 🙂

@fcgamer  sure I’d take rockman even with the wear as it’s a solid price on a really nice little game  I do appreciate that  

i don’t see cotton in the other spread. Ogre battle, gals fighter and a pachinko-slot machine game arise did. Cotton is tempting but I’ve written it off. Whenever they bother to send it I’ve got a physical Switch release paid for already. 

You’re right I like to read up on strange Gameboy things and that is a weird one alright.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

@fcgamer  sure I’d take rockman even with the wear as it’s a solid price on a really nice little game  I do appreciate that  

i don’t see cotton in the other spread. Ogre battle, gals fighter and a pachinko-slot machine game arise did. Cotton is tempting but I’ve written it off. Whenever they bother to send it I’ve got a physical Switch release paid for already. 

You’re right I like to read up on strange Gameboy things and that is a weird one alright.

Cotton is here:

6804785600_1611756890.jpg

5326577400_1611756894.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

It's Oto O Tsunagou Gunpey Reverse, here's the copy 'bout it

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

The original concept developed by video game legend Gunpei Yokoi, comes to life on the Nintendo DS™! Re-imagined by the creative minds at Q Entertainment, GUNPEY delivers an addictive puzzle game experience, combined with exciting music and visuals for the ultimate game on the go. The player's objective is simple - or is it? Various line angles climb up the screen over five panels, and you must connect all the lines over the five panels, filling the screen from left to right. If an incomplete line reaches the top of the screen, the game is over!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, drxandy said:

It's Oto O Tsunagou Gunpey Reverse, here's the copy 'bout it

Ah OK, I have this one! 

@fcgamer this was originally a Wonderswan game, then ported to Wonderswan Color, PS, DS, and PSP. It's not worth much but it was designed by the creator of the Game Boy so to me it's very cool. The Taiwan region stickers on it are cool too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Ah OK, I have this one! 

@fcgamer this was originally a Wonderswan game, then ported to Wonderswan Color, PS, DS, and PSP. It's not worth much but it was designed by the creator of the Game Boy so to me it's very cool. The Taiwan region stickers on it are cool too. 

Oh that's really cool, thanks for the backstory! Think I'll hold onto this then.

• Like 1

A few more things came in the mail today.

First are bootlegs of Mario is Missing and Bucky O'Hare for the Famicom. Mario is Missing was never officially released on the Famicom, I'd say the early bootleg prints of it are uncommon to find, maybe a 6 or 7.

Bucky O'Hare is also not the easiest to find as a bootleg, and it actually has decent value behind it at $30-$40 being fair imo, though some sellers might try to get a bit more for it.

The next item is something I wanted to get for a long while, just because it fits in with all the odd gaming shit I've got floating around. It's a copy of Rez and the vibrator that was sold with it. I noticed that there were some packages that contained the two items bundled, unfortunately mine are just the two items loose, though I'm not complaining at all. I wonder how many dates in would it be acceptable to offer to play this on PS2 lol

IMG20210414005534.jpg

IMG20210414005603.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't gotten much over the past few weeks, but I did grab this one today.

This is Shooting Range. Shooting Range was never officially released on the Famicom, and bootleg copies of the game are really hard to find. 

This is only the second time that my collector friends and I have seen this cart.

I grabbed this for $5 locally from my friend's friend, a guy I also am acquainted with who does magic.

IMG20210430203421.jpg

• Like 4

Met up with Walking Evil tonight, thought I asserted my dominance by slapping him in the face, got home and realised he played a cruel, cruel trick on me. Anyways, let's take a look.

First off is a brand new multicart from Tiger. Tiger is quite well known, as they released some Codemasters games on Famicom format, which are quite collectable in Poland (Stunt Kids can even be seen on the package). I actually already have another one of these (a 64 in 1), so this fits nicely with it. Tiger is just acting here as the publisher / distributor, so without the packages these would be worthless imo.

Then a Micro Genius light gun. I'm actually somewhat disappointed with this one - I already had one of these, but Walking Evil found a set of ten or twelve of these last weekend, all new old stock. I figured I'd upgrade condition. Sadly, I feel he must have sold me one of the shittier looking ones from the cache he found, ugh, oh well that's life.

Then came the nasty trick. Grabbed a boxed Famiclone, possibly made by NTDEC judging from the game on the box. Opened up the box when I got home, found three or four small cockroaches in the thing.

Spent the next twenty minutes taking everything apart, the box included, to get rid of them. I wasn't particularly grossed out, it's a fairly common situation in Taiwan.

Oddly enough there were also seven game carts in the box, which I didn't even know we're included when I agreed to buy the machine. I'm guessing someone sold him the machine, carts, roaches, and all, and being lazy he just passed it on without even opening the box. Walking Evil doesn't generally give free stuff. 😉 Opened all those carts to check for roaches too, luckily there weren't any.

These awesome Jurassic Computer Game controllers were also there, I don't think they're properly matched with the machine but I never saw any before like them and they kick ass, who doesn't like dinosaurs?

Finally the best part, two monochrome Game Boy clones, both boxed and functioning. Game Boy clones from back in the day are incredibly hard to find, and the ones I found previously (maybe four in eleven years) were loose, and also broken. These are really cool.

IMG20210507224033.jpg

IMG20210507224008.jpg

IMG20210507224020.jpg

IMG20210507223914.jpg

IMG20210507223952.jpg

IMG20210507224100.jpg

IMG20210507213317.jpg

IMG20210507213457.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

Grabbed some more shit tonight, yeah I mean shit.

First off are some sealed (anyone say Wata?!?, Kaching!!!!) PC games. These are Taiwanense pseudo educational stuff, not particularly interesting, for $1.60 each. The guy that ran the company that did these reportedly also had some role in the Taiwan high speed rail, so there's that, anyways.

Next are more budget PC games. Two seem to be edu, one seems to just be a budget title. The famicom multicart is definitely the top item in this picture.

Finally some vcds I grabbed. One of "The Hero" vcds goes to a friend, the rest of the stuff I bought to watch and keep...aside from star wars, that's for sale / trade if anyone is interested...

IMG20210508232016.jpg

IMG20210508232003.jpg

IMG20210508232041.jpg

IMG20210508232100.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Why does it seem that , foreign box art and paper work look better than the us market 

I'm intrigued about this as well.  I have no clue, but my best guess is that marketing by American business is often approved by committee plus they want the best packaging at the cheapest price.

Of course, that doesn't explain why, say, the N64 boxes in the US are uniform with a Red/Yellow/Green color scheme and in Japan it was free for all.  This means that many Japanese games look way better.  Same is true for the SFC.

I don't know.  Maybe it's largely that US gaming headquarters simply value uniformity which limits the artists making the covers, and in Japan, they value the creativity of the artists personal expression of the game?  I have no clue.  These are just my best guesses.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 6:52 PM, fcgamer said:

Met up with Walking Evil tonight, thought I asserted my dominance by slapping him in the face, got home and realised he played a cruel, cruel trick on me. Anyways, let's take a look.

First off is a brand new multicart from Tiger. Tiger is quite well known, as they released some Codemasters games on Famicom format, which are quite collectable in Poland (Stunt Kids can even be seen on the package). I actually already have another one of these (a 64 in 1), so this fits nicely with it. Tiger is just acting here as the publisher / distributor, so without the packages these would be worthless imo.

Then a Micro Genius light gun. I'm actually somewhat disappointed with this one - I already had one of these, but Walking Evil found a set of ten or twelve of these last weekend, all new old stock. I figured I'd upgrade condition. Sadly, I feel he must have sold me one of the shittier looking ones from the cache he found, ugh, oh well that's life.

Then came the nasty trick. Grabbed a boxed Famiclone, possibly made by NTDEC judging from the game on the box. Opened up the box when I got home, found three or four small cockroaches in the thing.

Spent the next twenty minutes taking everything apart, the box included, to get rid of them. I wasn't particularly grossed out, it's a fairly common situation in Taiwan.

Oddly enough there were also seven game carts in the box, which I didn't even know we're included when I agreed to buy the machine. I'm guessing someone sold him the machine, carts, roaches, and all, and being lazy he just passed it on without even opening the box. Walking Evil doesn't generally give free stuff. 😉 Opened all those carts to check for roaches too, luckily there weren't any.

These awesome Jurassic Computer Game controllers were also there, I don't think they're properly matched with the machine but I never saw any before like them and they kick ass, who doesn't like dinosaurs?

Finally the best part, two monochrome Game Boy clones, both boxed and functioning. Game Boy clones from back in the day are incredibly hard to find, and the ones I found previously (maybe four in eleven years) were loose, and also broken. These are really cool.

IMG20210507224033.jpg

IMG20210507224008.jpg

IMG20210507224020.jpg

IMG20210507223914.jpg

IMG20210507223952.jpg

IMG20210507224100.jpg

IMG20210507213317.jpg

IMG20210507213457.jpg

Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing! So, those GB knockoffs play regular GB games? Not hugely knowledgable about that kind of stuff, but I've seen some of those that play actual GB games go for insane amounts on eBay in the past.

I like the blisterpack Famicom multicart, too. I found some Micro Genius Famicom bootlegs packaged like that years ago, seems that the "renewed" MG brand from Turkey sold games packaged like that. That Famiclone box with Cosmos Cop on the cover is awesome as well.

Do you have a pic of the insides of that Micro Genius gun? Just curious, as you mention it being NOS. Looking to track down all of the variants; some of these came with games inside, nice to track which variants exist. I might also be interested in one if you end up meeting up/making another deal with this seller. 😉 Attached is a pic of the insides of the 15-pin one I own. Haven't seen any others with this paper insert. Is yours 7-, 9- or 15-pin?

DSC07548.JPG

• Like 1