IGNORED

fcgamer finds

• 3 weeks later...

Grabbed some nice stuff today at a junk shop about twenty minutes from me. I always love visiting that shop, it's on the outskirts of town and if you're cycling, there's a nice hill you can coast down, leading into the area I used to live, which I hope to move back in about a year's time. So this shop and the hill is sort of like the cut off between my old life and current life, if that makes any sense.

Picked up some Sega Saturn stuff and a few SFC games (SNES sucks), I might go back there later this weekend as there were more games I wanted to buy, but I didn't want to spend the cash unless I sell some other stuff first.

Also grabbed a few Squid Game characters, probably will throw them in the game room, if I ever get it cleaned out and organised properly.

Also managed to negotiate a few pieces of original art from the Hungry Ghost Night manual, though sadly these aren't the more interesting pieces.

Also had a mail call and received a 400 in 1 multicart from a buddy in Thailand, I bought it as the guy was also helping another friend of mine obtain some carts locally. It'll be interesting to see what the menu looks like on this one, as recently I've been studying multicarts and their progression for the next volume of Family Bits.

Hopefully I can search for more crap tomorrow, hahaha.

IMG20220722232137.jpg

IMG20220722232219.jpg

IMG20220722232415.jpg

IMG20220722232429.jpg

• Like 4

You really need to get over your irrational hatred of the SNES.  There's nothing about that system compared to many on the market that could make it so disgust worthy. 😕  Nice find either way, even if they had US releases they're a pair of good games.

The multi I agree should get interesting though given where it came from.

Any more SFC games there? 😛  Saturn is fine and all, but ouch these days.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

You really need to get over your irrational hatred of the SNES.  There's nothing about that system compared to many on the market that could make it so disgust worthy.

He has a drawer full of SFC games and buys more SFC games. I think it’s safe to say that fcgamer is a closest SNES/SFC fan but likes to shit on it for some reason haha.

A bit like those people who shit on great music or movies because they’re so popular. It’s ok to like popular things 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Brickman said:

He has a drawer full of SFC games and buys more SFC games. I think it’s safe to say that fcgamer is a closest SNES/SFC fan but likes to shit on it for some reason haha.

A bit like those people who shit on great music or movies because they’re so popular. It’s ok to like popular things 🙂

No doubt.  That's why I threw in irrational as it doesn't add up.  It's like an old style classic abusive relationship scenario... you hate what's there but you're so drawn to it you can't escape. 😉

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mail call today: FDS cartridge conversion port of Castlevania for Famicom.

Already had another version of this one, but this version is by Stendo. Even has their mark on the back of the shell, though I doubt many others realised this.

Paid a very fair price for this, not a steal but fair, and I'm happy.

Closing in on a full set of these, just missing a few.

IMG20220809191234.jpg

IMG20220809191312.jpg

• Like 8

Wow that's fantastic.  I love bootleggy period famiclones of carts that didn't get pulled away from the FDS or did in very limited numbers.  I wish I had kept my old clones of stuff like moon crystal, mitsume ga tooru, and more so baby mario aka bio miracle bokutte upa as it's such a cool game.

I imagine the FDS audio on that cart was lost so maybe a NES port?

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 10:59 PM, Tanooki said:

Wow that's fantastic.  I love bootleggy period famiclones of carts that didn't get pulled away from the FDS or did in very limited numbers.  I wish I had kept my old clones of stuff like moon crystal, mitsume ga tooru, and more so baby mario aka bio miracle bokutte upa as it's such a cool game.

I imagine the FDS audio on that cart was lost so maybe a NES port?

This one is a port of the FDS version, the title screen is (hacked) but basically the same, even has a hacked (non-working) save function.

Later pirates would just bootleg the NES version, I guess it was cheaper to make, and that one ultimately even made it to Dendy land.

• Thanks 1

Have you guys ever lost sleep wondering what the original version of American Video Entertainment's exciting Venice Beach Volleyball game looked like? Yeah, me too. Anyway, here we go.

I had a loose cart of this for ages, finally found one CIB, only the second time I've seen this CIB. It's definitely one of the rarer ones, though sadly I much prefer the ladies on the AVE box to the grim "Volley Volley Volley" of this box. 

Oh and to make matters even worse, the Famicom version of the game is truly a sausage fest, females were only added later, for the AVE version and possibly the Micro Genius Famicom rerelease (I'd have to double check the MG version to be 100% sure though, just going off memory).

IMG20220817210534.jpg

VeniceBeachVolleyballnes.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Okay about the stuff above, I'll write a bit since I'm now on my computer:

[Picture 1]

Castlevania: Bootleg of the Sega game. Love the artwork, grabbed this one boxed. I now have a loose one up for grabs.

[Picture 2]

Various PC games. Some of these are from the 90s, others from the early 2000s. I was only interested in a couple of them, but the guy wanted $7 for the set so why not? Even the newer ones I actually quite like, as there was a ton of neat swag included in some of the boxes, a lot better than some of the crap thrown into some of the limited edition NES homebrew game packages. I'm definitely going to look to these for some inspiration for the next ITG-Soft release.

[Picture 3]

Famicom Games: The multicart is one I didn't have, from Bit Corp, which had been in the industry since the Atari days. The two pulseline carts contain individual games, the one which reads "video game" is a bit of a mindfuck, as it seems to be period, yet back in that era basically everyone translated the term as "tv game" rather than "video game".

There's also a bootleg Famicom disk, a Japanese-exclusive Xbox 360 game, but best of all is the Asian (Taiwan) version PlayStation that I found, boxed. I had been trying to find this for ages, finally found this and for a great price too. Inside were some papers (didn't take any pictures, sadly) of some cheat codes / fighter moves list, which were written on some high school kid's homework paper. Really interesting as I looked up the school, and I also know where the machine had been originally purchased, so I know the approximate whereabouts the original owner had originally grown up.

[Picture 4]

MVS games. Got these for a great price, from a good friend of mine. I hope to get the hardware up and running this year, so that I can play these bad boys.

[Picture 5]

Also grabbed a stack of bootleg PlayStation games for cheap. This is one of the famous brands, while at first blush these might just look like burns, they were made by a proper company.

Another update of some recent finds.

First off, I found three or four Asian version PlayStation games CIB, but somehow I managed not to take a picture of them. Ugh! I need to try better at updating this thread, just because I haven't been updating doesn't mean that I haven't been finding cool shit!

[Picture 1]

42 in 1 Famicom multicart. Not much to say about this one, other than that i didn't own it so it was a welcome addition to the collection (and to Family Bits volume 3).

[Picture 2]

Loose Famicom game PCBs, B-Wings bootleg, and more bootleg disks. I got these from the same guy that I got the PlayStation from, seen above. I asked him what he wanted for the PlayStation, he told me a price I couldn't refuse, then I sat it down to look at these, as my hands were full; he took that as a sign that I wasn't interested in getting the PlayStation (though I wasn't going to pass it up), so when I asked him a price for these games, he quoted me at $2 an item. Okay, that's a bit pricey, since the disks and loose PCBs are all likely contenders for not working properly, 50:50 at best. He then says, "The more you buy, the cheaper it is". He was of course hinting at that PlayStation, so when he saw that I picked it up along with the picture 2 items, he sold me those for a group price of $3 total, plus the cost of the PlayStation. Win!

[Picture 3]

This was from the same lot as the above items, no idea what happened to this cartridge...

[Picture 4]

Received another Famiclone in the mail today. Basically, the guy I got it from had advertised it saying "you can just deal with it". Little did I realize that what he meant was that the thing was fucking filthy and caked in roach shit, with roach egg casings all around. 

Normally I wouldn't have opened the parcel at work, but as it was the last day before my Chinese New year holiday started, we were finished with teaching and I was literally just putting in time. So I opened the parcel, thanked my lucky stars that I opened it at work, and then knew I wanted to clean it before bringing it home.

Picture 4 shows the styrofoam mess. With the way that this looked, and the crap on the machine itself, I knew I had to tear things open before bringing it home.

[Picture 5]

So I already have this Famiclone at work, in the middle of a Taiwanese kindergarten. I then proceed to ask my co-teacher to borrow her screwdriver so that I could open the machine - begin the funny looks, lol.

I tore everything apart, washed and sanitized it all, then used the hairdryer (usually used to dry the hair of my students in the summer if they get too sweaty when playing outside) to dry everything. At this point my co-teacher walks over, looks at the box, mutters "My brother and father used to have one of these and play it when I was seventeen. Does this still run?"

I then explained that it likely still did work, and if not, would probably be an easy fix, though I wasn't too concerned since I have hundreds more back at my place. I've spoken to my co-teacher before about the Famicom (clone?) she's got at her home, but sadly she still hasn't taken any pics or brought it in for me to see if she's got anything good, which I could possibly buy off of her.

Despite being so dirty, everything looks in quite good condition, comparatively to how these things usually look. This one is CTI TV Game; I've had one or two loose clones of this model (which will go up for grabs), but I never saw this one boxed until now. Dates from 1991, CTI used to advertise one of their clones with some Sachen software, suggesting a potential partnership link there.

IMG20221231155334.jpg

IMG20230108172323.jpg

IMG20230108145916.jpg

IMG20230119145217.jpg

IMG20230119154204.jpg

IMG20230120014541.jpg

IMG20230120014550.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...