IGNORED

fcgamer finds

4 hours ago, fcgamer said:

IMG20211108200700.jpg

IMG20211108200716.jpg

IMG20211108200748.jpg

IMG20211108200752.jpg

A Famiclone that looks like a Dreamcast Controller and also includes a Famicom-style Controller? I've seen the Super Joy III and PolyStation, but haven't seen this before. You said this (and the other two systems) came out toward the end of Sachen's life, so I guess that explains why I haven't seen this one before.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Wow! 1

38 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Just got these in the mail today.

I now have an extra (loose) cart of famicom smw which I could sell for the right offer 🙂

IMG20211113010438.jpg

So I've read that there are multiple versions of the Super Mario World Famicom bootleg. There's this one I remember reading about on a site called NES Player that is missing a lot of levels: 

http://web.archive.org/web/20051102172655/http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/smw.htm 

And another version which I played over ten years ago that has more levels and a world select at the start: 

Do you have both versions now? Or multiple copies of one version?

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

I'd be curious about it, would like to see how much of Mario World is there.  Guess trying to find a video or description could work.  For all I know if its old enough I got it in a directory.

Is it the hummer team version which is largely a copy of the SNES not missing a whole lot?  This is a description: https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Mario_World_(Famicom) another exists that sucks compared, very short, most stuff missing to the point of like who cares.

If it's the relatively intact one I'm curious what you'd want as I'd totally tear into this, much like my fun modern board oddity in a FC shell Mario Allstars.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Well there's a bit of a misconception regarding this game. I'm not sure of any other versions of Mario World than those done by Hummer Team.

For the Hummer Team SMW game, all single cartridge versions (I think there are three or four cart variants, two or three box variants) do not contain the "full" game, though it does contain maybe half the game or something like that. If you notice on the box there's the character 上 along with something else (sorry I can't read it from the pic I took last night), suggesting that they initially intended on releasing the game in volumes, similar to how another company handled one of the final fantasy demakes.

The "full" version of Mario World oddly enough only appears on an obscure multicart, making that multicart one of the few that's worth $$$.

About price, I'd do $100 for someone I like on here, I know it sounds like a lot but other price gouging sellers easily try to shoot higher. The cart isn't particularly easy to find (and the multicart version is near impossible, it generally sells for $330+ at local market), and I personally think it'll be even more expensive and sought after in the future.

• Like 1

That might make some sense I guess if they were going to do volumes if they felt they couldn't get it all on one cart or something of the sort.  I didn't know it had a few partial releases and a 'full' as it can be one on a multicart.

Honestly at $100, and it's not on you, I get it, but I'd never pay that for a basically in a weird way I'll put it, a shareware demo of a partial game.  I wouldn't drop $300 to be fair on a multicart either, that's insanity from my end of things.  I'd rather dig up the rom if I didn't have it already (haven't looked yet) and throw it on my everdrive and be done with it.

Thanks for clearing up what it is though, but I like buying games that are complete. 😄

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That might make some sense I guess if they were going to do volumes if they felt they couldn't get it all on one cart or something of the sort.  I didn't know it had a few partial releases and a 'full' as it can be one on a multicart.

Honestly at $100, and it's not on you, I get it, but I'd never pay that for a basically in a weird way I'll put it, a shareware demo of a partial game.  I wouldn't drop $300 to be fair on a multicart either, that's insanity from my end of things.  I'd rather dig up the rom if I didn't have it already (haven't looked yet) and throw it on my everdrive and be done with it.

Thanks for clearing up what it is though, but I like buying games that are complete. 😄

In terms of prices, I totally get it, for the full multicart version, it sells for $500+ in the west, generally. It's insane.

though the first four-figure sale of an unlicensed original happened a year or two ago, being a boxed version of Hummer Team's Aladdin. Definitely not worth it, imo, but the sale was incredible.

Regarding completeness of the game, I think it's not particularly fair to be calling one a demo of the other, or even incomplete - I don't know how they wrap things up and end the game, but from my perspective, it acts fine as a stand alone, the only reason it's considered "incomplete" is because of its multicart brother. 🙂

• Like 1

On yet a different note, I actually hate this particular game, either version.

It's impressive as a whole, but it plays horribly imo. There have been some fan patches to improve things, but with so many games out there, it's nothing I'd ever personally bother with.

From a historical perspective though, I feel this one is significant though, on many levels.

On a different note, in terms of Hummer, I find their Donkey Kong Country port (not to be confused with the bad DKC ports) and their Final Fight 3 port to be much much better, in terms of controls and playability, each being in my tops list for Famiclone stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember I came across "Donkey Kong Country 4" in 2006 and uploaded a video of it on YouTube that year. It is still one of the greatest bootlegs I've ever seen (noticeably better quality than that 5 level Super Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Land bootleg). Still to this day some people don't believe that either the NES or Famicom can handle it and don't think it's actually playable on them, but I've seen pictures of the cartridges before.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, fcgamer said:

In terms of prices, I totally get it, for the full multicart version, it sells for $500+ in the west, generally. It's insane.

though the first four-figure sale of an unlicensed original happened a year or two ago, being a boxed version of Hummer Team's Aladdin. Definitely not worth it, imo, but the sale was incredible.

Regarding completeness of the game, I think it's not particularly fair to be calling one a demo of the other, or even incomplete - I don't know how they wrap things up and end the game, but from my perspective, it acts fine as a stand alone, the only reason it's considered "incomplete" is because of its multicart brother. 🙂

Yeah I can see that, not that I like it, but ripoff junk like this is kind of rare in general just typically undesirable.  But when you have like almost all the copies having lost the poorly made boxes and inserts for them gone, then the paper hits licensed level stupidity to the right narrow pool of buyers so the price gets foul quickly I'd think.

I guess looking into it wasn't a bad idea, found it in my repository of stuff a 65kb file.  You're right, it controls like crap, hard to navigate basic jumps.  Looks and sounds fairly good for what it is, but yeah people with more money than common sense can battle for it.

Personally I wish I had a couple multis I used to, there was this Supervision 115in1 in a US shell I had, and then a Famicom shelled Golden game 260in1  multicart that had some of those rarities like Wild Ball or whatever it was called, unique games made by a Taiwanese developer.

13 hours ago, fcgamer said:

On yet a different note, I actually hate this particular game, either version.

It's impressive as a whole, but it plays horribly imo. There have been some fan patches to improve things, but with so many games out there, it's nothing I'd ever personally bother with.

From a historical perspective though, I feel this one is significant though, on many levels.

On a different note, in terms of Hummer, I find their Donkey Kong Country port (not to be confused with the bad DKC ports) and their Final Fight 3 port to be much much better, in terms of controls and playability, each being in my tops list for Famiclone stuff.

I've been curious about those, probably have them on my everdrive and just don't realize it as it's quite complete on files if it had been dumped probably 3-4 years ago or more it would be there.  I just don't keep them up to date anymore, seems senseless when it's just filtered garbage largely outside of a gem like Sim City arriving which I'll add on my own.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah I can see that, not that I like it, but ripoff junk like this is kind of rare in general just typically undesirable.  But when you have like almost all the copies having lost the poorly made boxes and inserts for them gone, then the paper hits licensed level stupidity to the right narrow pool of buyers so the price gets foul quickly I'd think.

Well the thing is a lot of these companies sold both boxed and unboxed versions of their Famicom games, when they came out.

Talking with some locals, a lot of the shopkeepers even removed their licensed Famicom games from their boxes and manuals, selling cart-only to folks growing up, and storing the boxes in the back of tossing them.

I can only speculate as to why this was - maybe it was so that they could sell the Taiwanense boxless bootlegs for more money, as "even the official games didn't have boxes", or maybe it was so that they could fit more games in the display cases, or perhaps it was even something else.

But yeah, shopkeepers buying the unlicensed original games often had an option of purchasing either a boxed or unboxed version, making the boxed ones even rarer in some cases.

• Like 1

My guess is money.  Maybe cheaper to buy loose too from the supplier, and then if something takes less money to buy, it's less money for them to sell too, and if you can fit more on a shelf without the added bulk that's even more potential money in sales.  It's the gamestop shitty model, keep the little game card(DS/3DS) and throw the case, art, inserts and manual in the shredder.

• Like 2

@OptOutand I had a bro date yesterday, so of course we went game hunting. We went to explore the southern part of Taiwan. We didn't find much, and were really just fighting over scraps, but it was a really amazing day out, as always 🙂

OptOut had brought along a parcel that he was kind enough to receive on my behalf, from a guy in South America. I initially ordered these games back in 2020, just as covid-19 started to kick off, do the games never made it out of customs in South America. I thought the set was ultimately lost, but earlier this year the seller, a buddy of mine, messaged me stating that the parcel had arrived back at his place. He wanted to resend it to me via courier, but as I don't trust the idiots at my work to receive the parcel (last time I bought from courier, they refused to sign since there was $3 duty to be paid, so I was stuck trying to chase the parcel around town), so OptOut kindly received it and held it for me. 

these are all Famicom bootlegs. Dragon's Lair, Jackie Chan, Terminator 2, and Rygar all contain the English version of the game, with Jackie Chan and Rygar being the hardest to find.

the other games, Rollerblade Racer, Platoon, and High Speed were all NES exclusives, never released on Famicom. These three are all very hard to find, with Platoon being the easiest.

There were a few more cartridges in the parcel, including the "Pyramid Games" hacked title screen version of Tengen Tetris, which has a Chinese title screen, and Goal 5, another title screen hack of one of the NES soccer games.

OptOut also brought along a Dreamcast Samba de Amigo for me, some Dreamcast games, and a Mario washcloth. People don't realise that I also collect official items.

The Dreamcast stuff I was inspired to start collecting thanks to Opty, yet again, but I absolutely love that era of gaming and am excited to actually try the games out myself at some point in the near future. I think 2022 might be a year for early 3D gaming. 😉

At this point we were off. I won't bore you with the exact details of our trip, but some highlights included stopping at a library in the middle of nowhere for a piss break, uncovering the remnants of a n old game shop, dating back to the N64 / SS era, narrowly escaping the clutches of a tattooed gangster after innocently inquiring if he had any games for sale, stopping by a Nintendo Switch shop ran out of someone's living room, eating ramen, and almost coming to blows over a stack of shitty, overpriced SFC / FC games, which we both ultimately left sitting.

Regarding the gangster, the warm greeting we got when entering his shop want the usual "What are you looking for?" or "What do you want", rather he said "What business do you have here?"

In terms of finds, here's what I found yesterday.

Here's a Sega Mega Drive 2 clone by Ke Chyi. Ke Chyi (likely 科技, meaning technology) was a clone company better known for their Famiclones, though it still doesn't seem to have been one of the largest players. I had no idea they did Sega clones too.

Next up is another Ending Man S-500A Famiclone. I have several of these, but I quite like the design and an always eager to pick these up when I find them.

Here's evidence that we're now just digging through trash for scraps. I like the design of this 576 in 1 brick LCD game, despite it not being in the best of condition. I can't get it to turn on, either. I found the After Tetris hand on the right to be irresistibly cute, so I grabbed it as well.

Oh, and I finally got a PS3 as well, a P-3 Station 😄

The shop told me I couldn't return it if it didn't work, I've got so much of this crap I wouldn't even bother attempting a return if it was dead, lol.

This plug n play actually was dead, unfortunately, I opened it up to examine the insides, maybe I'll try to get someone to dump it later. I think I know the guy that made these, I'll contact him and see if he has any left over I can have.

Finally, one of my favorites. It's a Taiwanense version of Wii Sports, though look at the insert. Upon further inspection it seems as though the insert wasn't folded correctly during manufacturing, but who knows. All I know is that I love how horrible this thing looks 😅

IMG20211114201917.jpg

IMG20211114202921.jpg

IMG20211114203230.jpg

IMG20211114203548.jpg

IMG20211114203604.jpg

IMG20211114205506.jpg

IMG20211114205512.jpg

IMG20211114210033.jpg

IMG20211114210527.jpg

IMG20211114210530.jpg

IMG20211114210803.jpg

IMG20211114210949.jpg

IMG20211114210954.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Grabbed more stuff over the past week, sadly none of it is game related though.

Grabbed a table and chairs out of the garbage last Sunday or Monday, the breakfast shop next to me has been closed for a long time initially because of covid-19, it's a shame as the owners were really nice people.

A few weeks back I saw work being done around the shop, a new BBQ and beer joint is opening up in a few weeks, I'm definitely excited. Out with the old furniture, in with the new, and as I needed a new kitchen table, this one went up to mine, hahaha.

Then there was this case, from the same place. Sadly there's no glass piece for the front, but I figured I'll find some use for it at mine. I'm in the process of cleaning it now, also spray painted it red, planning to then possibly do other paint work to it later.

Then grabbed some other things at the junk shop tonight.

The first appears to be an original, I already have a spot in mind to hang it.

The next two pictures I'm going to hang in the bed room, I think. I just love the look of them.

The last one seems to be a print that was sold up in Taipei. Not sure where I'll put it yet, yeah I went a bit nuts tonight hahaha.

IMG20211115205953.jpg

IMG20211115000708.jpg

IMG20211121001249.jpg

IMG20211121001316.jpg

IMG20211121001332.jpg

IMG20211121001410.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got some other goodies the past few days.

First, some hu cards from the notorious Changhua storehouse guy. I still don't have a machine to play these on, but I actually do want to try some of these games out, so maybe I'll treat myself at the end of the month, for Christmas.

Then there's some magazines from the same guy.

Up next is the Asian version of Front Mission Alternative for PS. Sadly it's missing the back artwork.

Then there are two arcade PCBs. I know, I know, I'll cover up those windows shortly. Any idea how I can figure out what games are on these? What about the second one, FC for Famicom?

Finally, also grabbed another homebrew, I'll likely play it when my Japanese friend stays over on Wednesday.

Got some Famiclone carts too, but I'm still sorting through what I'll keep and what I'll unload.

IMG20211206012200.jpg

IMG20211206012205.jpg

IMG20211206012209.jpg

IMG20211206012214.jpg

IMG20211206011940.jpg

IMG20211206012132.jpg

IMG20211206012437.jpg

IMG20211206012733.jpg

IMG20211206012748.jpg

IMG20211206012921.jpg

IMG20211206012341.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

IMG20211206012341.jpg

Hey that's new. Hono no Rangerman for FC, it's for sale at various places it seems.  Play as a firefighter rescuing kids on a single screen style play space.  That looks like some quality fun there, I recently got a new(2016) run FC game to enjoy and it was a good pickup.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@TanookiWhich one did you get? The homebrew stuff is now easily my favourite part of gaming.

I received these in the mail yesterday from a friend who is selling his collection. This guy was a large local collector, so I've been buying what I can from him since the summer, sadly some things I'm missing he had sold before I had a chance to get them, haha.

These carts are old bootleg cartridges, locally they're referred to as "NIG" carts, but upon closer inspection it seems they might actually read NTG, perhaps meaning Nintendo TV (Game) or New TV (Game).

Games include Wrecking Crew, 20 in 1, Super Mario Bros, Baltron, Route 16, Flappy, City Connection, Battle City, Hogan's Alley, Pac-Land, StarForce, Goonies, Valkyrie, and StarForce. 

Some have ID codes on the back, I'd love to know or document all of these but it'll be impossible, many have nothing stamped.

IMG20220112203831.jpg

IMG20220112203908.jpg

IMG20220112203919.jpg

IMG20220112203932.jpg

IMG20220112203939.jpg

• Like 3

I also got these, some unlicensed original Sega.

Haven't tested these out, Thunderbolt 2, Funny World / Balloon Boy (original print), Tank War should work. 

The others I think have faults, Tom Clown works but has a glitch, etc. I haven't tested yet to see what's up. 

I already have all of these, but bought the set solely because I was missing the manual for Tom Clown.

@CodysGameRoom You looking for Tom?

I'm gonna set up a page many over Chinese New Year with my extras, for the sake of trading for things I want, with prices generally favouring the other party. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Alright cool, well I still have some testing to do and what not, and besides that, these are the (original) NTSC Asian versions, so I don't dare call them Genesis. 😛

Once I get everything tested and sorted (this and other Sega stuff) I'll send you a DM anyways, who knows if something will spark your interest.

8 hours ago, fcgamer said:

@TanookiWhich one did you get? The homebrew stuff is now easily my favourite part of gaming.

I received these in the mail yesterday from a friend who is selling his collection. This guy was a large local collector, so I've been buying what I can from him since the summer, sadly some things I'm missing he had sold before I had a chance to get them, haha.

These carts are old bootleg cartridges, locally they're referred to as "NIG" carts, but upon closer inspection it seems they might actually read NTG, perhaps meaning Nintendo TV (Game) or New TV (Game).

Kira Kira Star Night DX on Famicom from RIKI, published in a CIB package by Columbus Circle.  Very basic design, but very well done, and great in short bursts of play.

kirakirastarnightdx.jpg.29041360186aeb39493a6e9a94e63c05.jpg

Those Nintendo Tv Game carts are pretty nice, maybe local research might net something as the internet isn't likely to be helpful which is a shame as those look to be in really clean nice shape given the age and obscurity of it.

I can't multiquote now, too late, but if you do part with something of the sort...I'll want to see that trade thing when it arrives.  Valkyrie is hardly an expensive or hard to find FC game but the screwball variant of it all is intriguing just a bit.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I got a new batch of those carts, @Tanooki also hu etc. Indeed to document what I've got.

Actually I've been so busy in recent days, I've gotten a lot of things but they just keep piling up, some not so even in my inventory yet. Here's just a few recent finds:

Some magazines and guides. Unfortunately the N64 one has some growth on it, so it's likely going in the bin. 😞

A Taiwanense 3DO risk, and some old Mario 3 pencil cases.

Famicom and Famiclone games. There's a huge mess of titles, about 1/3 I can't get to work and need intensive cleaning.

Here's the super rare one, Super Ping Pong. It's a FDS game converted to cartridge, unbelievably rare, I actually doubted it's existence for about eight years. Unfortunately mine has glitched graphics, can probably be repaired.

IMG20220131010421.jpg

IMG20220131010604.jpg

IMG20220131005418.jpg

IMG20220131005457.jpg

IMG20220131005542.jpg

IMG20220131005617.jpg

IMG20220131005926.jpg

IMG20220131005953.jpg

IMG20220131010013.jpg

IMG20220131010017.jpg

IMG20220131010025.jpg

• Like 3

@fcgamer  Ahh yeah wow dude nice one, now that I can see a far better cleaner image of it all.

I swear I've seen those SMB3 cases before, very slick.  Hopefully back to the FC game, I hope it's repairable.  I'm wondering if it's like the Super Fighter III I got off you I thought was toast until I really clean the crap out of the pins once I could get the shell off, brought that one back from the dead, and I'm wondering if it has similar rot and wear that hard resurfacing to resurrect it.

Some of those are legit aren't they?  F1-Race is awesome, wish I held onto it, and King KOng 2 looks legit too from that angle.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Some of those are legit aren't they?  F1-Race is awesome, wish I held onto it, and King KOng 2 looks legit too from that angle.

Yes, there's some legit ones like those, good eye!

If you're interested in those, I can send them your way 🙂