IGNORED

fcgamer finds

13 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

It's not the nails, it's the teeth 🤣

Though I did wake up this morning with scratches on my face just inches away from my eye...

I don't understand...I thought cats are supposed to be kind, gentle, adorable creatures... 😞 

I bet she'll never buy kitty store brand bargain cat food again! 😄   And don't skimp on the kitty litter either! 😄 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some more items that I grabbed over the past few weeks, which I've been lazy to post.

First off we've got this First Computer IQ <--> FC Joycard controller in box. It was made by a former company locally to me in Taiwan, though it mimics the Hudson Soft Joycard MKII.

The Chrono Cross thing appears to be the original PlayStation game (possibly a Chinese translation, who knows?) burned onto CD, bundled with an emulator for Windows 95/98/ME/XP. I guess this (and other titles) were being sold for folks without PlayStation machines back in the day, though the price of 200 Yuan seems a bit steep considering when this came out.

The Famicom game is Hokuto no Ken 2. I quite like the deceptive artwork though.

Now for the Game Boy Color games. We have Vast Fame's Digimon 3, Grandia, as well as the following labeless carts. The labeless carts include the following games, in no particular order: Pokemon Diamond (a hack of Telefang), Pokemon Ruby / Pokemon Pikecho (Vast Fame?), Bionic Commando Elite Forces (has a redone Chinese title screen though the game is in English), and Digimon 5 (Makon Soft?).

Some pretty decent stuff overall. 

IMG20230509021907.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Now for the Game Boy Color games. We have Vast Fame's Digimon 3, Grandia, as well as the following labeless carts. The labeless carts include the following games, in no particular order: Pokemon Diamond (a hack of Telefang), Pokemon Ruby / Pokemon Pikecho (Vast Fame?), Bionic Commando Elite Forces (has a redone Chinese title screen though the game is in English), and Digimon 5 (Makon Soft?).

The GBC stuff look like carts from Mainland China. I'm not sure who the publisher is for those though. The official publisher for VF on the Mainland was Kongfeng, but I don't think those carts are by them

• Like 1

"Pokemon Ruby" is in general considered a game stealth-released by VF. That isn't a direct translation of the original Taiwanese release's name though. It is the name used for the English release by NGCA. Here is a picture I saved of the original Taiwanese release

Pokemon Ruby VF.png

• Thanks 1

There was more GB stuff?  The pokemon one fascinated me but those clear carts are interesting, well maybe not bionic commando...meh 😛

It was fun trying to dig into that knockoff of the joycard sansui pad, precursor to the SSS with the stereo audio hack bypass played off the controller itself.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Grabbed a few more games today thanks to Magic John. Can anyone spot the valuable one?

BIC stuff is supposed to be pretty hard to find in Taiwan, so that would be my first guess. I remember seeing that Super Mario Bros 3 cart listed for a pretty high price though. It seems uncommon, and if I remember correctly has its title screen translated

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also found these stickers. Apparently there was 110 different designs. Collecting different sequences would yield different prizes, with the top prize having been some sort of Famicom machine.

A local friend told me he thinks these were bundled with small cheapie toys or cookies/candy back in the day, being sold at stationery shops and toy shops and places like that.

I have dupes of many of these, but I'm missing about seven or so from the series. Also, a few numbers have multiple designs/games, and I'm not sure if that was by mistake or not.

I plan to post an article about the whole set of these later, with more pictures and stuff.

IMG20230914151634.jpg

IMG_20230915_140005.jpg

• Like 3