IGNORED

fcgamer finds

• 4 weeks later...

Grabbed a ton of stuff this week, ten year old contacts are finally bearing fruit again. Magic John, Mercedes Guy with the goofy face, Glasses - Thanks!

Let's start off with this huge set of Game Boy games I got thanks to Glasses. He told me that all of the games were broken, but I managed to get half of them functioning again, and luckily some of the best items were functioning.

[image 1] Functional bootleg games. I'm keeping Lion King, but the others will be up for grabs later, as I already have most of these CIB.

[image 2] Broken Game Boy games. I'll be keeping about half of these too, since a broken cartridge is better than none at all. Some nice stuff in here such as Simpsons, which I've never seen a bootleg of before.

[image 3] GB multicarts! All of these work aside from one of the Pokemon Gold / Silver combos. Yes, that's Sachen's 4 in 1 Volume 3!!! There is also a Sachen 4 in 1 (Volume 5) that I don't need, it'll go to the sale pile shortly.

[image 4] Top Row: Unofficial Chinese Translations. Middle Row: Mario 7 (a hack of Adventure Island) and an original (?) game, though the latter game doesn't function. Mario 7 is up for grabs as it is a duplicate.

Bottom Cartridge: Unlabeled, generic shell, but it contains Gowin's Prince Rainbow game!!!

[image 5] Sega Mega Drive games. Four of these have the Chinese spines, Fantasia was made by Pageant Soft. Mickey Mania is the odd one out here.

[image 6] The spines of the aforementioned games.

[image 7] Bootlegs of US / Euro Exclusive titles - These are games that were never released in Japan or Asian regions properly, so local companies decided to publish unauthorized versions.

[image 8] More US / Euro exclusives. I think I'm now at about 1/3 of the set, I'm quite curious as to whether every US / Euro exclusive had actually been copied and released here, or if the companies just picked and chose what they felt would be better-selling games. 

Below those are two multicarts for Sega, and an unreleased Sega game that somehow ended up being bootlegged.

[image 9] More Sega boots.

[image 10] Famiclone games. Top Gun III is a hack. These will likely go up for sale as I already have them.

[image 11] Taiwan version Wii Sports Resort. Sadly it's missing the controllers, I might have some loose ones that could go in here.

[image 12] PlayStation 2 Demo Disk and two Chess-style board games. These two board games are old, but I really like the artwork on the boxes. They seem to be variants of Chinese Chess, at least from a quick glance.

[image 13 & image 14] More pictures of the board games.

These are the types of finds that I haven't stumbled upon in years. Really good to see things surfacing again, since the five-year dry spell.

IMG20230319134951.jpg

IMG20230319135140.jpg

IMG20230319134813.jpg

IMG20230319135224.jpg

IMG20230319135657.jpg

IMG20230319135715.jpg

IMG20230319135546.jpg

IMG20230319135631.jpg

IMG20230319135729.jpg

IMG20230319135348.jpg

IMG20230319135456.jpg

IMG20230319135300.jpg

IMG20230319135326.jpg

IMG20230319135316.jpg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

[image 4] Top Row: Unofficial Chinese Translations. Middle Row: Mario 7 (a hack of Adventure Island) and an original (?) game, though the latter game doesn't function. Mario 7 is up for grabs as it is a duplicate.

The one next to Mario 7 is not an original game. It is a rare translation of Last Bible 1 (the Megaten game). Interestingly it shows signs of involvement by SKOB. The box looks similar to their design, the game has the same font, and it features a cheat mode like SKOB's game Milky Way. My copy I can only seem to get to work on some machines, so maybe yours has the same issue

@fcgamer Is that Sachen duplicate this?

• 4B-005 4-in-1 Version 5
    Arctic Zone, Magic Tower, Railway, Worm Visitor.

I'd be down for that as I'm thinking maybe one of those is missing from my 31in1 (or is it?)  I'll need to check into that.  You did find quite a few oddball items, don't blame you keeping most of it given how dry it has been.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@fcgamer Is that Sachen duplicate this?

• 4B-005 4-in-1 Version 5
    Arctic Zone, Magic Tower, Railway, Worm Visitor.

I'd be down for that as I'm thinking maybe one of those is missing from my 31in1 (or is it?)  I'll need to check into that.  You did find quite a few oddball items, don't blame you keeping most of it given how dry it has been.

Both mighty mix carts (English and Taiwanese) should have those covered. I think the ones with games not on the English mighty mix are 4B-004, 4B-003 (which is very rare so it is cool to see here), and 4B-008

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ankos said:

Both mighty mix carts (English and Taiwanese) should have those covered. I think the ones with games not on the English mighty mix are 4B-004, 4B-003 (which is very rare so it is cool to see here), and 4B-008

I was about to cross check that to be sure, but I'll take your word on it.  Between you and dave there, basically have the whole wonky sachen thing down to an art with gameboy.  I know plenty but not that much, not memorized either.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what I grabbed within the past six or eight weeks. Haven't had time to post stuff here much recently, sadly. Recently I've been making a lot of decent finds, and also have been trading some stuff with some other collector friends to fill in gaps.

Picture 1 - Group picture of recent finds

Picture 2 - Let's start out with something boring, an Asian Xbox game Dead or Alive. I have one (possibly two?) sealed copies of this, found an opened one so why not?

Picture 3 - A friend from New York was visiting a few weeks back, and we stopped into a local shop known as the Brothers', as well as the shop next to it. Grabbed a bootleg California games for around $10, it has the Chinese-translated name on the side of the box. There is also a Chinese-language guide for Illbleed, a Dreamcast game that actually had a Chinese language version release. So I wanted to get the guide to pair with the disk.

Picture 4 - Two Game Boy multicarts. The one switches between the games by hitting the button, though sadly I can't get it to work. A bootleg Super Mario Bros. for the Famicom - I have about four or five bootleg Super Mario Bros. cartridges, and maybe about six or seven for Super Mario Bros. 3. Certain classic games as these, which I really love, I enjoy having different bootleg variants of as they offer an interesting look into the versions of these iconic games that children around the world were playing. Then there's Super Metroid and a SFC multicart.

Picture 5 - Neon Genesis Evangelion - This is a PC visual novel game designed for Windows 95. This is of course the official Taiwanese release.

Picture 6 - Unused Famiclone labels. My friend brought these as a surprise, the hockey card was thrown in to make sure that the labels didn't get bent during transit. Snooker had caught my eye, and then he shared the others with me as well as a huge surprise.

Picture 7 - Super Dr Mario Bros. - Finally got my hand on one of these, really had a lot of fun playing this game.

Picture 8 - Educational Famiclone cartridges. These all contain edutainment games and software that attempts to turn your Famiclone into a low-end computer of sorts, featuring a programming language, solitaire, mine sweeper, ABC-learning games, etc. These are all cartridges from Thailand, and they often make use of the Thai language.

Picture 9 - Bootleg Famiclone single and multicarts manufactured by a company from Thailand.

Picture 10 - Two rare (and expensive) Famicom Disk to Cartridge bootleg conversion cartridges. These are two of the rarer conversions. I used to have both of them years ago, but traded them in a trade I couldn't refuse.

Pictures 11 & 12 - Sealed Total Eclipse for the 3D0 - has an insert in the back relating to it being an official Taiwan version. There's also an Asian version Legend of Dragoon for PlayStation.

Picture 13 -  Gamate Games! Enchanted Bricks and Brick Blaster are the same game, though Brick Blaster is a later reprint. 

Picture 14 - Famiclone games, including TwinBee from Ninfendo and a multicart from J.Y. Company. The only legit game here is Family Mahjong 2 - I already had this, but IIRC it has some weird glitch so I grabbed another copy when I had the chance, since it was cheap. Now I can rest easy at night.

Picture 15 - Super Taiwan Mahjong V3.0 - A PC game, it's Taiwan Mahjong so why not? Also a multicart containing Famicom games for use in a Game Boy-shaped plug 'n play Famiclone.

Picture 16 - Two licensed Sega games. These are upgrades, so I will dig out my other CIB copies and list them for sale here later. If you are interested in either game, please let me know, I'll take pics of my dupes once I dig them out.

Pictures 17 & 18 - Amstrad GX4000 - I went fishing about a year ago, traded my fish for this with a guy in England. Amstrad GX4000 is a gaming console, though it was a terrible flop. Included here is the pack-in game. I'd love to get the whole set of software, though it seems hard to find.

IMG20230415225151.jpg

IMG20230415213630.jpg

IMG20230415215608.jpg

IMG20230415213102.jpg

IMG20230415214808.jpg

IMG20230415210654.jpg

IMG20230415214353.jpg

IMG20230415204144.jpg

IMG20230415204211.jpg

IMG20230415204838.jpg

IMG20230415204504.jpg

IMG20230415204510.jpg

IMG20230415205130.jpg

IMG20230415222313.jpg

IMG20230415222917.jpg

IMG20230415224627.jpg

IMG20230415220710.jpg

IMG20230415220738.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@fcgamer Nice.  I saw that image this morning of the pile but the closeup helps.  You know me, I'll take that Sailor Moon cart, a variant of the SFC release but not quite the same so it would be a blast to play.  And those pirates are right, Twin Bee is amazing. 😄

Alright I'll hold that one for you 😉

A guy I know, Magic John, his friend told me yesterday that he had some game cartridges. Now these types of leads rarely lead anywhere, or sometimes just lead to sports SFC carts, today I met the friend and got this all for just under $200 USD. 87 pieces total.

IMG20230416132129.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fcgamer said:

A guy I know, Magic John, his friend told me yesterday that he had some game cartridges. Now these types of leads rarely lead anywhere, or sometimes just lead to sports SFC carts, today I met the friend and got this all for just under $200 USD. 87 pieces total.

IMG20230416132129.jpg

Wow that's impressive, for you anything unique or a lot of doubles?  I'd love to see a clearer image off site (or here?) maybe something I lost over the years or wish I had if it's doubles.  Such a nice thing to work out, it is rare in these days whatever corner of the world you're in.

5 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Ken Kid Famiclone!

IMG20230416164751.jpg

Seems fun weird hybrid of molding inspiration, and with a serious piece packing too, and somehow even fit an F1 in the box that's impressive.  But be happy, at least it's Ken Kid and not Chargemaster Ken. 🙂

• Like 1