IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Skorp

I'm never up early enough to hit the stupid turnip lady up so...I never bother. I do it the old fashioned way...lots and lots of gathering/crafting 😕 It's incredibly slow and boring.

I experimented with my first time travel. I hate TTing but...I did it to get rid of my most hated villager. Thank god it worked. I did it literally for that reason because screw paying real life money for amiibo cards to kick out a villager...stupid system.

I've nearly got my arcade complete I'm just missing the last pinball machine which is brown. Then I'm done for the most part. Everything else is color variations on items I already own like the pool table, the gumball machine, the popcorn machine...that stuff. Which I can slowly acquire one way or the other. I just want to get that last pinball lol.

I've never dug into the turnip racket.

Today was the KK Slider concert day as I had hit the 3star a couple days earlier.  It's nice that it opened up a bit for me more to do and sort of at no charge.  I like the land editor.  I had a bit over 6k so I picked up 3 types of roadwork and got to chipping away at some stuff.  I also did hit an island, it was bamboo island but nothing appeared I wanted sadly for the most part since it was raining...no raining rare or otherwise fish but I got a pair of snails at least to sell+add into the museum at least.  I picked up for my construction job a nice spiral brick gray print, stone, and terracotta and got to cracking away at some road pieces while doing basic dirt up to animal homes and in the more backwoody stuff.  The main strip got the nice print work, then some stone up towards a bridge and a bit north towards my campsite.  It was nice connecting the various spaces.

I read the update dropped, not sure why it didn't seem to trigger for me as the game did cut off, run and install it, but it still said 1.14a for me and I suppose it was meant to be 1.20?  Hopefully something didn't implode, but we'll have to see tomorrow about that.

21 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I've never dug into the turnip racket.

Today was the KK Slider concert day as I had hit the 3star a couple days earlier.  It's nice that it opened up a bit for me more to do and sort of at no charge.  I like the land editor.  I had a bit over 6k so I picked up 3 types of roadwork and got to chipping away at some stuff.  I also did hit an island, it was bamboo island but nothing appeared I wanted sadly for the most part since it was raining...no raining rare or otherwise fish but I got a pair of snails at least to sell+add into the museum at least.  I picked up for my construction job a nice spiral brick gray print, stone, and terracotta and got to cracking away at some road pieces while doing basic dirt up to animal homes and in the more backwoody stuff.  The main strip got the nice print work, then some stone up towards a bridge and a bit north towards my campsite.  It was nice connecting the various spaces.

I read the update dropped, not sure why it didn't seem to trigger for me as the game did cut off, run and install it, but it still said 1.14a for me and I suppose it was meant to be 1.20?  Hopefully something didn't implode, but we'll have to see tomorrow about that.

Actually that happened to me too. I had to turn my Switch off and on to get the new 1.2 update. I found out when trying to visit someone's island and it told me I had to update my game to continue. Weird.

32 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Actually that happened to me too. I had to turn my Switch off and on to get the new 1.2 update. I found out when trying to visit someone's island and it told me I had to update my game to continue. Weird.

The exact same thing happened to me tonight

First week in the turnip game...bought about 250k @ 91, then sold last night at 138 - I seemed to have the "random" pattern so didn't want to risk it going lower and needed to pay off an incline lol. 

I wonder if we posted our turnip rates/potential weekly patterns here daily if that would be helpful.  That 2mil to 6mil leap is very well played!

9 hours ago, Skorp said:

I might be misinterpreting this but in case you didn't know, on your main home screen you can press + on your game to check for system updates vs a reboot.  I got the same error trying to depart my island last night lol.

On a side note, any chance I could buy or trade a few peaches and apples from ya?  I'll be on this evening and over the weekend.  (I think you mentioned having all the fruit)

15 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

I might be misinterpreting this but in case you didn't know, on your main home screen you can press + on your game to check for system updates vs a reboot.  I got the same error trying to depart my island last night lol.

On a side note, any chance I could buy or trade a few peaches and apples from ya?  I'll be on this evening and over the weekend.  (I think you mentioned having all the fruit)

I've got some for you too.  Just hit me up.  @8-bit_boice had a payout of 589 bells per turnip the other night.  I cashed in! turned about 200K into 1.2M

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

The new Nooks Cranny is awesome. I went ahead and spent 77,000 on a pool table. Boight bulk packs of everything Lief had.  Now to fhefk my shores for Redd Foxx.

Wonder when mine will change. Also, sweet dude! I'd love to have the pool table cataloged. I've got 2 of the arcades and some pinball machines if needed and a foostable and some other retro stuff thanks to 8Bit.

8 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Wonder when mine will change. Also, sweet dude! I'd love to have the pool table cataloged. I've got 2 of the arcades and some pinball machines if needed and a foostable and some other retro stuff thanks to 8Bit.

I still need  a tennis table, a billiard table, the brown, black and blue pinballs, and the arcade combat game as well as the blue and gray seats

1 hour ago, Skorp said:

I can always order another but am short the bells currently.  Spent a lot today and have only decorated since.

3 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

I can always order another but am short the bells currently.  Spent a lot today and have only decorated since.

I will pay you the bells or if we could just come to one of our islands and drop it so I can pick it up, thats all it would take. Then  you could have it back and I will be able to order it. What color is it?

Edited by Fleck586

4 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

I will pay you the bells or if we could just come to one of our islands and drop it so I can pick it up, thats all it would take. Then  you could have it back and I will be able to order it. What color is it?

Is that all it takes to add to your catalog? Just have it in your inventory for a moment?

I believe it had the red felt top. Can double check in a bit. Doing a birthday for someone at another island.

2 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

Is that all it takes to add to your catalog? Just have it in your inventory for a moment?

I believe it had the red felt top. Can double check in a bit. Doing a birthday for someone at another island.

Yes it is that easy! Just hold and drop and it will be added to the catalog! That's why I really don't see why so many people charge insane amount fees on Nookazon for touch trades.

Edited by Skorp

30 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Yes it is that easy! Just hold and drop and it will be added to the catalog! That's why I really don't see why so many people charge insane amount fees on Nookazon for touch trades.

Oh nice! I heard people charge nook tickets for stuff.  Couldn't see charging for what is five minutes of travel in game.

3708-6749-3964 friend code

I've taken advantage of Nature Day today, scored 1K off doing a simple bit with some bushes.  I bought like 20 and set them around a commnity park/play square I setup just to the left of the town plaza and lined them across teh top/bottom of it.

Finally pulled the trigger though, moved my house to that remote cliff top in the NE of my town, fenced off a sizeable portion of it too for all my outdoor goodies and to keep people from wandering in doing stuff if I get to ever making a ramp up there as for now starting tomorrow only access is with a ladder. :D  I like the spot, a water hole to the immediate left of the house that drops to a waterfall, and slightly south of the house a small pond which I fenced up to leaving like 20% of it for me to fish from.  It's a nice spread, got a telescope out there, some lawn art, table with music and an oil lamp, outdoor ac, outdoor bench, water faucet, it just works nice.

I've worked a bit more on other stuff to have around the town, but I decided to sink what I had into the 6k for cliff mgmt, carved a little away from where my place is to create a thin walkable strip on the right to hit that isolated beach in the game on the north that's like 3 people wide.  I figure I could try and fish from it or something, if not, maybe see if I can add a ramp later if the room permits.  I have a silo I recently bought, so when my house gets snapped out of place it'll get pushed to that old location since that whole space I'm turning into a foreign fruit orchard setup in blocks of 3 wide, 2 high in clusters.

3 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

That's the one I want! Would love to catalogue it. It's really that easy. Touch it and you can order it in Nook Shopping.

9 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

That's the one I want! Would love to catalogue it. It's really that easy. Touch it and you can order it in Nook Shopping.

3708-6749-3964.  Feel free to add me.  I can squeeze in a quick trip with the table over the next day or two.

Edited by zeppelin03
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zeppelin03 said:

Oh nice! I heard people charge nook tickets for stuff.  Couldn't see charging for what is five minutes of travel in game.

3708-6749-3964 friend code

Added! I guess we'll meet same time all 3 of us lol.

So just tried something out that I just thought of and it works. You can plant palm trees anywhere on the island if you add a sand path and plant it in there. Really wanted  a palm tree by my house. 😄

• Like 2