IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Skorp

Skorp, interesting tree theory.  I've thinned out trees a little in a few places, but where I had my home I setup 4 2x3 orchards of non-native fruit.  I've cut down many of my non-fruit trees and put up quite a few flowers.  From there I've put in godzilla, japanese bath, tourist scope, quite a few other of those mail order amenities/blueprints, but I seem to be stuck at 3 stars still.  It just keeps saying add more.

I could see a need to move around some of my homes since downtown's main strip seems pretty well aligned just above my plaza.  But doesn't it cost like a lot of money and a day for each moved building?  I've never dug too deeply into the terrain editor, like I've never clicked on whatever 'clean up' does and I've only just laid out 3 differing styles of road which the animals seem to stay quite nicely on when heading from point to point.  I do still need a few more road types and the water tool.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Skorp, interesting tree theory.  I've thinned out trees a little in a few places, but where I had my home I setup 4 2x3 orchards of non-native fruit.  I've cut down many of my non-fruit trees and put up quite a few flowers.  From there I've put in godzilla, japanese bath, tourist scope, quite a few other of those mail order amenities/blueprints, but I seem to be stuck at 3 stars still.  It just keeps saying add more.

I could see a need to move around some of my homes since downtown's main strip seems pretty well aligned just above my plaza.  But doesn't it cost like a lot of money and a day for each moved building?  I've never dug too deeply into the terrain editor, like I've never clicked on whatever 'clean up' does and I've only just laid out 3 differing styles of road which the animals seem to stay quite nicely on when heading from point to point.  I do still need a few more road types and the water tool.

Feel free to come by and see what I've done could give you some ideas on what to do. Basically, it is having lots of variety of flowers, trees, but not too many and lots of fixtures/object all around the island, of course also having the 10 villagers as well. Code below, don't think I have you added.

Well my island isn't developed entirely.  I do have 10 villagers and 2-3 are in best friend status too.  Currently have like 3-4 slopes, same on bridges.  Beyond that did a little terraforming to get to the small northern beach for Redds boat and the usual road making.  I've basically made like the bottom left area the town/developed space, then the top left minor just a bridge and camp site with roads and fence a bit.  Bottom right quarter has half the villagers but just dirt roads like an outskirts, and the top right the peak I put my place with a wide fence and random goodies there along with some patio terracotta work.

In case no one has heard, there is a new dupe going on and it involves the suppose to be super rare item set Kantanas. Basically anything 1 x 2 can be duped though like the shark models. So don't pay or offer large amount for the katanas anymore. I was able to buy a red one for 10k bells a few hours ago.

Edited by Skorp

1 hour ago, Boosted52405 said:

It's getting towards that time of the week, how are turnips looking folks?  🙂

I'm possibly on a decreasing pattern that may not increase this week - M(83/80), T(76/73), W(69/ )

I had 22 rate yesterday lol. My island had 216 sometime last week, the highest I ever seen so far on my island, but I didn't invest in turnips for Sunday as I am doing very well right now in bells. I didn't share as I would expect people are looking for more better rates than that. Check the Nookazon Discord and you can find someone that has a high price turnip. Usually their fee is like 99k per trip or 1 NMT per trip.

Wait, that was an actual troll video? OH MY GOSH...I have been trolled and now I am shamed.

Edited by Skorp

3 hours ago, Skorp said:

Check the Nookazon Discord and you can find someone that has a high price turnip. Usually their fee is like 99k per trip or 1 NMT per trip.

Umm...mindblown :).  I just converted ~680,000 of Turnips into over 4mil, rather effortlessly.  Wow - ty for the tip (Nookazon i could not find turnip post channel, but ran into Warp World and woah)

I was blown away today when I went into the shop to buy, I had no idea the game has a full blown Japanese candy (arcade) cab you could pick up, it was int he usually nasty priced right slot there for expensive goods, and thankfully it was more like 50k-ish or so instead of junk I've seen topping 100-150k.  Grabbed that up right quick and put that back in my place next to this badass jukebox I have.  It isn't interactive though, has a cool vertical shooter running a demo play on the screen at least.  Did some road work upgrades, had another odd 5 fossil find day too, did a few other useful things and killed it after about an hour and a half.  I know I'm not hardcore on it like some, but I am I think around 80 hours on it so far which isn't a slouch either.

Also love the new look of that evil furball nook in the game, decided to take his hollow glare and dump the ancient avatar of mine for it as it's fitting. 😄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skorp said:

LMAO the video got deleted. Nintendo got mad.

The OP reposted the video on their homepage with the Nintendo Logo and Direct intro removed. I wonder how many views it had before being striked?

So, some of you know I've been spending a lot of time trading villagers in order to get my island where I want it to be. I finally today picked up the last piece of the puzzle. Judy!

139553009_Screenshot_20200510-130744_NintendoSwitchOnline.thumb.jpg.cd3ab72eaeda0f97f047279f3da2208d.jpg

Now to get back to terraforming and cleaning up all these damn flowers from time travel. I have some really good ideas and plan to scrap the current design I have been building. Gonna keep the zen garden and the sports complex, but everything else will change in some form or fashion. Can't wait to get started!

Edited by Fleck586

Lol, Fleck's not exaggerating. He has an ENORMOUS amount of flowers like man I don't think anyone can top him lol. Congrats on the villager set. I'm sure they will all get along well.

I would like to get Ankha and Lucky and then will have one more room maybe for Raymond if I happen to find him randomly or just someone else that is good like I really like Coco.

• Haha 1

been having a ton of fun with this game.

first AC i ever played.  (Not doing any time traveling, or using nookazon or anything)

I am having trouble finding fruit, i only have cherries and peaches. None of my islands are giving me anything else. 

And need some folks to play with, however I dont really chat. Hit me up!image.thumb.jpg.cc30dc6f833581f7b812aa4bb49b6d74.jpg

I've been quiet since I've kind of taken a few days worth of a break from it this week having other games I really wanted to play and had to make the choice.  I'm not done, thinking of firing it up a bit later today or this evening.  I was only out for like a 2-3 day stretch so no one seemed to notice I was gone long enough to play the 'where have you been?' type of dialog.

FInding fruit has been an issue for me too.  I somehow was granted a single cherry at some point and grew myself an orchard of 12 trees from that, and pears i found once on a random island and made another set of 12 of those too.  I try and pick them on alternating days so I can have a small steady stream of income on most days of the week, and if i got the other fruit I would.

Been hard at working collecting DIYs with friends. I am over 400 now! 🙂

I do have all the fruits. Just let me know. My code is below. I'll have to bring them to your island right now as my island right now is a huge mess with stuff everywhere on the ground lol.

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 1

I have also been collecting DIYs and trading for Art that I'm missing.  I'm so close to having my Museum full for art.  Still a long easy to go for bugs and fish though I do have all the fossils now.  I just planned my master garden with all the different colors of all the different flowers.  I haven't really done anything with bushes or shrubs.  They are scattered throughout my island.  I've decided that I am going to put together theme yards for my villagers.  Like, Lucky is in a graveyard as that's what is in his house, and Ankha is next with a sandy yard and a Pyramid and Sphinx and gold casket.  That sort of thing.  Probably will do Marshal next with a fancy outdoor patio.  His house if full of high end furniture.  No idea what I'm going to do with Raymond as his house is an office.  Maybe a server bank or something outside.  Who knows?  That's what is so fun about this game.  The freedom to experiment.  I have seen some really cool islands while trading with people.  I saw a guy last night with an entire Egyptian themed island with statues everywhere.  Very cool.

• Like 1