IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Skorp

36 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Morning turnip price of 478 if anyone is looking to dump

Ooo, I'm interested. Let me know if / when you open your gates. Also before I head over, let me know if  you are looking for anything (fruit, catalog items, etc.). 

I got a descending pattern last week which gave me a good chance at the big spike. So I invested heavily in turnips (3 inventories full) only to get the 5% chance of another descending pattern. 

24 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Awesome! More than enough. Thank you. I'll be on later in the day once I get home.

I'm not sure when you are getting home, but it's worth noting that morning prices end at noon. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Ooo, I'm interested. Let me know if / when you open your gates. Also before I head over, let me know if  you are looking for anything (fruit, catalog items, etc.). 

I got a descending pattern last week which gave me a good chance at the big spike. So I invested heavily in turnips (2 inventories full) only to get the 5% chance of another descending pattern. 

I'm not sure when you are getting home, but it's worth noting that morning prices end at noon. 

Darn, thanks for the heads up.

Oh wow those are high turnip prices! 😮 I would definitely want to sell there if I hasn't sold mine earlier.

I'm enjoying the update so far! I had Leif in my town yesterday, and he is just super adorable! Redd came by today to visit and I got a genuine painting from him! Finally getting some of the permits for terraforming the island, so I am going to be working on moving villager houses around a bit to make things more organized.

1 hour ago, Adorabear said:

Oh wow those are high turnip prices! 😮 I would definitely want to sell there if I hasn't sold mine earlier.

I'm enjoying the update so far! I had Leif in my town yesterday, and he is just super adorable! Redd came by today to visit and I got a genuine painting from him! Finally getting some of the permits for terraforming the island, so I am going to be working on moving villager houses around a bit to make things more organized.

Nice! I just bought my second piece of art from Redd. Fingers crossed that its legit. I don't like that he mails it to you, but whatever. I've been terraforming quite a bit today. AND, I built a garden to breed flowers and a rec center with a soccer field, basketball court, climbing wall, and even a boxing ring!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

This morning I invested about 2 Million Bells in turnips. If anyone has a good rate this week holla!

Wow! That's insane! I'll keep you posted but I'm sure the odds of me getting another peak that high this week are slim. I invested about 300k this week which has been my most thus far in the stalk market.

Also, I would like to ask a question of people that are a little further along in the game. I'm just about to acquire my 10th villager and as of yesterday unlocked terraforming. This is my first time playing any Animal Crossing and clumped all my houses together on the main part of the island. I didn't realize that you could only have 10 villagers at the start and it seems as though most of my island will be pretty desolate unless I throw in some space filling stuff and what not. So my question is, should I spread out the houses more across the island or are there larger unlockables that will allow me to consume more space? 

So I woke up at 12:10pm and ended up missing out on turnips and rest of the day couldn't play anyways. I'm okay with it considering I made around 4 - 5 million bells  on Saturday (thank you 8-bit and Fleck) and paid off basement so I'll be fine for a while until next Sunday. I got all my ramps and inclines needed so really don't need bells anymore except for some expensive stuff like the electric guitars and electric bass and boy there are A LOT of variations!

Btw has anyone gotten a 5 star rating island? Please let us know if or when you do!

Edited by Skorp

4 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Wow! That's insane! I'll keep you posted but I'm sure the odds of me getting another peak that high this week are slim. I invested about 300k this week which has been my most thus far in the stalk market.

Also, I would like to ask a question of people that are a little further along in the game. I'm just about to acquire my 10th villager and as of yesterday unlocked terraforming. This is my first time playing any Animal Crossing and clumped all my houses together on the main part of the island. I didn't realize that you could only have 10 villagers at the start and it seems as though most of my island will be pretty desolate unless I throw in some space filling stuff and what not. So my question is, should I spread out the houses more across the island or are there larger unlockables that will allow me to consume more space? 

Yes, the most is 10 villagers unfortunately, a little less than previous games for some reason. There is no way to have more at any given time until a future update or something. Trust me though, I have fully customized my island all over and have no land left to build and boy I have so much more ideas. I have 7 of them all together in one section like a little residential with their own fences and furniture. If they are very close together, then yes would be good to let them spread out, but you do have to pay like 30k bells to move each person, so that might be a waste unless you don't mind. You can come to our islands for ideas on what to do. 🙂

I'm in ~400k in turnips @ 90 buying price, will post turnip prices when respectable - hope others will do the same :).

I spent like 2 hours last night just building pathways so that all my residents have walkways and now have a huge garden that I need to dig up in order to lay dirt paths to appease my OCD.

This game is really fun, but I worry only the Turnips will hold me here after a bit...wouldn't mind shooting for the 5 star mark before setting her free.

Bought 250k at @90 myself.  Myself, my wife, and a friend compare prices daily.  Really hoping we get a 600+ day. 

How are people stashing all their turnips?  My upstairs has become a dumping ground for them all.  I miss hiding them in cabinets. 

Edited by zeppelin03

8 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

Bought 250k at @90 myself.  Myself, my wife, and a friend compare prices daily.  Really hoping we get a 600+ day. 

How are people stashing all their turnips?  My upstairs has become a dumping ground for them all.  I miss hiding them in cabinets. 

Mine are just strewn about outside.  I used to have little hiding places for them all over, but now I just dump them all in the same area once my house is full

1 minute ago, Fleck586 said:

Mine are just strewn about outside.  I used to have little hiding places for them all over, but now I just dump them all in the same area once my house is full

I have considered putting mine on a hill surround with barbed wire. Add a few mech and tank stoppers for extra protection. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

I have considered putting mine on a hill surround with barbed wire. Add a few mech and tank stoppers for extra protection. 

Why didn't I think of that lol. Good idea. Having my upstairs full of them was bothering me I mean it is a music room after all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

Can you sell to flick or CJ in someone else's town? I haven't had luck myself.

Actually now that I think of it, I remember trying to sell to CJ on someone's island and he didn't let me or gave me the option too. Just talked to me and that's it. Maybe you can't.

8 hours ago, Skorp said:

Actually now that I think of it, I remember trying to sell to CJ on someone's island and he didn't let me or gave me the option too. Just talked to me and that's it. Maybe you can't.

Odds are they regulate it so people can't just spam the hell out of friend notices and get everyone rich enough not to worry about money again.  If people could every single day many times a day go to see Flick around the various time zones it would hamper the natural growth curve and choice of buying stuff severely.

As far as I go, I did shake some trees, turned in 1 and held 3 fossils, got a few more bells here n' there, bought nothing on nook bucks, spent just a little in the kiosk and bailed in about a half hour.  Having the shop buttoned up really sucked the motivation dry on going to find and do stuff without a good way to turn things over.

Yeah, unfortunately it only lets you buy and sell from Nook's Cranny on other islands.  The random visitors can only sell to/buy from the island resident.  So, I've been working on my sports complex.  I have built my soccer field and basketball court.  I'm now trying to figure out what to do with the boxing ring, exercise equipment, and rock climbing wall to make it all make sense.  I also want to put in a locker room/area.  If anyone has any of the following, I'd love to catalog them: locker, bench, soccer ball.  Also, I'm down to my last 2 fossils.  I still need diplo tail and tricero torso.  If anyone has them, I'm buying.