IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Skorp

7 hours ago, noiseredux said:

I'm hoping to pick this up in the near future. It's been out of stock at my Target for weeks (I've checked the past few times I've had to go there for formula etc). But when I get it, I really want to focus on making a badass aquarium.

Haha that's what I want to do too! Plan on making one of the big rooms with the underwater floor and wall and all of the fish models in there! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Shame you can't just use the mail to ship stuff without visitors being able to ravage your island. 😄

I don't play it regularly anymore as I don't have the interest in terraforming into some huge complex you see plenty do on youtube.  I'm liking the basic stuff that's been there since the early days but don't need to hit the place daily to do it.  Last turn on was 2 nights ago, paid off another bridge, could have done the house probably for a right wing onto it but didn't yet.

28 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Shame you can't just use the mail to ship stuff without visitors being able to ravage your island. 😄

I don't play it regularly anymore as I don't have the interest in terraforming into some huge complex you see plenty do on youtube.  I'm liking the basic stuff that's been there since the early days but don't need to hit the place daily to do it.  Last turn on was 2 nights ago, paid off another bridge, could have done the house probably for a right wing onto it but didn't yet.

The only way people can really damage anything is if they are Best Friends with you. As long as they are just friends there is a limited amount of damage, but just don't let people go that far and you should be good.

• Like 1

Just now, MrWunderful said:

Just 10 of each to start some trees! Thanks man. Let me know how you want to do it. 

Have we visited each other yet before? Dm me your switch friend code and I will add you if not. Then I can just deliver. Next time we can just mail one another

Lol and I just reached 500 hours on this game. xD Yep, I am addicted. I actually haven't played anything else since this game came out too. I played this daily and nothing else and I have over 300 Switch games.

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

On 5/30/2020 at 11:36 AM, Fleck586 said:

The only way people can really damage anything is if they are Best Friends with you. As long as they are just friends there is a limited amount of damage, but just don't let people go that far and you should be good.

Fair enough what's the steps exactly to partly open the door I guess I should be asking.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, B.A. said:

I haven't touched this game in probably a month. I was super into it then totally over it. It's oddly the exact same thing that happened when I played the GC version way back when.

I'm there now too, the game has less 'bait' to keep me aggressively slamming hours into it, even with terraforming for basically free, than the GC game.  I put well more than a month into it of daily play partly because I wanted to make a video game room out of my basement so I pursued every single furniture piece from the Mario/Nintendo set and then went into getting every single US possible based NES deck.  I basically made a Mario themed playchoice 10 style basement with rows of games.

Switch one is like my second favorite as the DS/3DS ones got tiring fairly quick and the Wii one kind of blew.  I'll touch the game like 2-3x a week now so I lose my nook kiosk bonus but it's just not worth it to me.  I suppose if I wanted to time travel and cheat I could go nuts and make a really decked out island as seen on youtube but it looks like more effort than it is worth so I went with a rural town setup and left the upper half of the island as more like walking trails/bridges (all stone) and I isolated my home with a big yard on a NE peak.

On 5/31/2020 at 11:35 AM, Tanooki said:

Fair enough what's the steps exactly to partly open the door I guess I should be asking.

I'm there now too, the game has less 'bait' to keep me aggressively slamming hours into it, even with terraforming for basically free, than the GC game.  I put well more than a month into it of daily play partly because I wanted to make a video game room out of my basement so I pursued every single furniture piece from the Mario/Nintendo set and then went into getting every single US possible based NES deck.  I basically made a Mario themed playchoice 10 style basement with rows of games.

Switch one is like my second favorite as the DS/3DS ones got tiring fairly quick and the Wii one kind of blew.  I'll touch the game like 2-3x a week now so I lose my nook kiosk bonus but it's just not worth it to me.  I suppose if I wanted to time travel and cheat I could go nuts and make a really decked out island as seen on youtube but it looks like more effort than it is worth so I went with a rural town setup and left the upper half of the island as more like walking trails/bridges (all stone) and I isolated my home with a big yard on a NE peak.

For your 1st question, all you have to do is become friends with someone and not best friends. Unless you are trading with someone that you don't know, and then all you have to do is put up fencing or terraform around your entrance so that they can't get any further than that. As far as your friends go, surely you are inviting people to your island that won't trash it. If not, then you need new friends. Lol!

As far as the 2nd part of your post goes, I find the game incredibly entertaining. But that's just me. I will admit, though, that I do time travel. I find it necessary to keep the pace of the game where I want it. However, I never time to travel forward.  I always time travel back however many days I think I need so that I end up on the present day. Now, there were some times where I would have to time travel back almost a month in order to do what I wanted. Especially in the days where I was using amiibo cards to get the villagers that I wanted. I also time travel back in order to order things from the catalog so that I have them when I want them.

I would also comment that I find that this game is way more fun playing with a group. There are 3 or 4 of us that play together and help each other out quite a bit. It has made the game way more fun and engaging when I find some inspiration and all I have to do is ask one of my buddies for a piece of furniture or a DIY that I need. It's also nice when we are trying to get certain things in the game and all 3 of us can grind that out and it doesn't take so long.

Nookazon has also changed the game for me.  It allows me to buy or trade for the things that I don't currently have. And, if you have cards you can use those to barter villagers off of your island in order to get materials or tickets to buy other things with. That's what I spent about a month on myself. I would bring villagers in and then sell them on Nookazon in order to get the currency I needed to buy the other things I wanted.

All in all this game has been a blast for me. I'm about 360 hours into it which is immensely more time than I've ever put into a single game before in my life. However, it wouldn't be near as fun without the friend group that I've put together. I would encourage anyone to do the same thing we did, which is find a few friends that have similar play interests and play the game together. It's amazing what a few friends can do for each other. 

Edited by Fleck586
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, PasseGaming said:

This is the only game that always causes me to ponder if I should pick up the latest Nintendo console. Still thinking about it.

Do it. So many good games and this one is by far the game that I have spent the most time in of all time.

@Fleck586, to be honest, I'm not a fan of modern Nintendo. I haven't bought a Nintendo console since the Gamecube (I did pick up a Wii for my kids but only played Animal Crossing and Mario Kart on it). I just don't like them as a company, hence why I don't buy their products... but, they hold a special place in my heart as they were the world to me in my youth. So it's a weird love/hate kind of deal going on. Simular to how I feel about Disney.

The only reason I would pick up the Switch is because I love Animal Crossing and I really want to play it.. That and Links Awakening, I love the direction they went with that game, looks absolutely stunning.

Edited by PasseGaming
Updated.