IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Skorp

23 minutes ago, Galdius said:

I should try to get K.K. to come to my island already. I’m 60 hours in and have yet to get K.K. there.

It took me 120 hours to get him there, so don't sweat it. You need to have a 3 star island rating and he will come! 🙂 Planting flowers helps the most.

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 1

Today I saw the dragon return for big bug sales, problem is it kind of backfired.  After doing the boosted perk nook dailies and the usual run of fossils, wasps, free tree shake stuff I decided to island hop (nook x2) and that's where it fell apart.  The first one refused to generate anything but a scant bit of fish, crap fish, so I just grabbed any resources, littered the island with garbage I didn't need and left.  The 2nd one was moderately better at best, but I did get a good stash of atlas moths, finally a tarantula(1 ugh), and a few water bugs and a wasp.  The dragon paid me like 80k or so at least.  I also laid down and paid off a natural ramp to the left isolated high point of my island, and also put another home for sale plot and (island #1) will have a Bangle named tiger moving in tomorrow for that which looked cool.  I also paid the 1k off for my house so that'll pop tomorrow as well.

I'm sure curious to see about maybe picking my home up to that isolated peak with the pond into a water fall.  I rarely return home after leaving it, so it wouldn't be a hassle and would leave even more space for more foreign fruit orchards as i still need the peaches and the other I lack (apple is me, have pears and cherries so far.)

I wonder maybe trying to find a random island just once, maybe I can get my other fruits.  It's how along with snapper and knifejaw fish where I made tons of bells in the earlier versions of the game.  It has been oddly discouraging I've seen just 2 snapper and 1 knifejaw fish since it came out. :(

For the second time ever, I came across a tarantula on my island, and for the second time, I missed and it bit me. I finished my 758k loan for my third room and ok'd the 1.2M for the second floor addition. Walt the Kangaroo stayed at my campsite and I ran into Alfonso the Crocodile on an island and invited him to move in. I think I only have one more empty plot to fill. I've only put in one bridge (to he most expensive kind) before I figured I should finish my house completely before island upgrades.

3 minutes ago, Aguy said:

For the second time ever, I came across a tarantula on my island, and for the second time, I missed and it bit me. I finished my 758k loan for my third room and ok'd the 1.2M for the second floor addition. Walt the Kangaroo stayed at my campsite and I ran into Alfonso the Crocodile on an island and invited him to move in. I think I only have one more empty plot to fill. I've only put in one bridge (to he most expensive kind) before I figured I should finish my house completely before island upgrades.

That's interesting how different both the islands and our play styles are.  I see a tarantula just about every night I play, and I have gotten tarantula island once.  I also have done very little with my house, but have built 4 bridges and 2 ramps, with at least one more of each as my next to-do's.   

I've been on conference calls today, so I've been getting some good AC time in!  It's raining on my island today, so I decided to put the coelacanth theory to the test.  Well, I've caught 5 of them today and I've missed my share of XXL shadows as well, so who knows if those were also the ancient one.  I'd say it definitely helps, but I have, in fact, caught 10 others on mystery islands when it was NOT raining, just fishing off the pier with bait.  I think the rain actually has an affect on luck in general when fishing.  I had one stretch where I caught something like red snapper, coelacanth, red snapper, knifejaw, snapper, oarfish, knifejaw, marlin.  Then a few cast later, I caught a Tuna.  It was insane!  I'm fishing with 25 baits at a time then cleaning up on the shore with whatever space I had left and one trip netted me (pardon the pun) over 100K bells.  It's been a fun day for sure!  I think all in all, I've made almost 1/2 a million.  steadily paying off that first upstairs room so I can build the last one.  

I also worked on paths and put out some more stuff to decorate the island in general.  I think I have a good idea on what I want to do for a layout, but it's going to take some time.  I think I have decided to make an orchard section with all of my fruit trees, make a grand main street type thing lined with trees and light poles, and set up a playground and a zen garden somewhere.  Once that's all done, I will see what I have left for room and branch out from there.

Hey guys, how do I make the Kangaroo stay? I have 10 residents, so I guess that is the maximum right? Do I have to talk to Isabelle to say I have a problem with someone and it replaces that person with someone else at the campsite?

So far I have 4 inclines and 4 bridges. I've been doing them all the brick one as that is the nicest one to me. Also added a playground earlier today for the kids (interesting you want to do that too Fleck). 😄

@Fleck586 I also thought this was cool. Jitters was asking where you went. xD

93136940_2883611101754830_33811319620380

Edited by Skorp
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Hey guys, how do I make the Kangaroo stay? I have 10 residents, so I guess that is the maximum right? Do I have to talk to Isabelle to say I have a problem with someone and it replaces that person with someone else at the campsite?

So far I have 4 inclines and 4 bridges. I've been doing them all the brick one as that is the nicest one to me. Also added a playground earlier today for the kids (interesting you want to do that too Fleck). 😄

@Fleck586 I also thought this was cool. Jitters was asking where you went. xD

93136940_2883611101754830_33811319620380

That's awesome!  I actually had one of my residents ask about @B.A. today.  "Where is Brian?  I sure miss him.  He was running all over the place."  LOL!

35 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

That's awesome!  I actually had one of my residents ask about @B.A. today.  "Where is Brian?  I sure miss him.  He was running all over the place."  LOL!

That's funny! We really bonded in that 5 minutes I was on your island! 

Just now, B.A. said:

That's funny! We really bonded in that 5 minutes I was on your island! 

Right!?! Lol. We need to do it again where we can actually play for a bit. Damn kids. One had a fat lip and the other had a bloody nose. It was an epic battle apparently. All over Pokemon cards. Lol!

@Tanooki or @Aguy or @The Strangest or anyone else want to join us at some point? I know @Skorp is down if he ever remembers to charge his Switch. Lol!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

Right!?! Lol. We need to do it again where we can actually play for a bit. Damn kids. One had a fat lip and the other had a bloody nose. It was an epic battle apparently. All over Pokemon cards. Lol!

@Tanooki or @Aguy or @The Strangest or anyone else want to join us at some point? I know @Skorp is down if he ever remembers to charge his Switch. Lol!

You serious wow. So much for Pokemon bringing the peace.

Yeah lol problem is my current charger just won't charge anymore and now I'm just waiting for the new one to arrive. I'm used to playing it dock now just in case, but always prefer handheld.

3 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

I could next week sometime, school has been rough the past 2 weeks. I'll bring the peaches and apples.

• Like 1

I fired up the game a bit earlier today than usual.  It was nice to see Bangle, and to take time shaking out all I could too.  Such a relief with that flipping rabbits pollution off the table.  The game turned interesting to me, there has always been like a set of averages or higher numbers you don't see pop over on the usual daily stuff.  A few bees in trees, 4 fossils, stuff like that.  Insane though, but the game gave and kept on giving.  5 fossils, 5 wasps, 2 tree items, never seen those hit that high.

I then went and did one island hop, and wow, a rare one... a ring with a large island in the middle you can hop to w/out a pole, and what's there, a massive tarantula infestation, 3-4 at any time, maybe 5.  I knocked the trees and rocks out carefully, then dug a few holes in an L shape and then a barrier in the middle about 3 wide full length.  I used this to work over the place, nailed down about 20 of them and yet another fossil too.  On return I cleared about 150K from that one trip which was amazing, finally setting up the game for my expansion tomorrow.

20 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

Sorry guys, I was busy last night! I would like to sometime though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skorp said:

Fleck and I want to try this Saturday for all of us so hopefully y'all can that day. 🙂

We should do a fishing contest.  Everyone bring a nook miles ticket or bag of money, something like that to throw in the pot as a prize.  Then see who catches the most valuable fish in a certain amount of time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B.A. said:

We should do a fishing contest.  Everyone bring a nook miles ticket or bag of money, something like that to throw in the pot as a prize.  Then see who catches the most valuable fish in a certain amount of time. 

I love that idea! We should set either a time limit or a certain number of baits. Only fishing from the bank because there isn't enough room on the pier. That sounds awesome! Skorp and I played tag and Hide and seek last night on my island. It was surprisingly fun and dumb. Lol!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

I love that idea! We should set either a time limit or a certain number of baits. Only fishing from the bank because there isn't enough room on the pier. That sounds awesome! Skorp and I played tag and Hide and seek last night on my island. It was surprisingly fun and dumb. Lol!

I'm thinking no bait, that keeps us running around and fighting over fish. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

Lol yeah that was funny. Not sure how that happened from fishing, but it did. Also, yes all of us on the pier would be a nightmare.