IGNORED

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 153/303

Splain

Nice one @Gaia Gensouki

I had Extreme G as a kid, but pretty sure I always played it with cheats? I remember doing everything in the game and unlocking all the racers and courses, but only illegitimately. I tried again last year playing properly but couldn't get very far, so kudos to you!

And yeah, actually I think the difficulty of N64 games is underestimated by many, because, as usual, people only generally consider the big names like Mario and Banjo which are not hard at all.

Then again, even a game like Goldeneye IS hard to beat every 00 agent level and unlock all the cheats... My top 2 most difficult Goldeneye levels are: Aztec 00 agent and unlocking the Silver PP7 cheat on Train 00 agent.

Perfect Dark is even harder IMO, I have NEVER 100% unlocked all the cheats on that game! 😵

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Beliskner said:

V-Rally Edition 99 is done. They don't even give you credits in this game :/. I also beat Nascar 99 a couple weeks ago but forgot to take a picture. I could go back to take a screencap from my stream if that counts.

550815492_20200226_2151151.thumb.jpg.42f3ccd333ec0c243706cb46dce71ddd.jpg

Nice! Which games you have planned next? I was gonna try a couple more racing games after Top Gear Overdrive and dont want to do anything you plan on working on.

4 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

Nice! Which games you have planned next? I was gonna try a couple more racing games after Top Gear Overdrive and dont want to do anything you plan on working on.

No more unbeaten racing games on my list for the moment. The next games I'm gonna play that are unbeaten so far are Centre Court Tennis and Mace: The Dark Age.

3 hours ago, Nugfish said:

Sounds great! Feel free to complete the rest of those PAL exclusives too... 😯

**Nerd snort, whiney voice**

Ahem, ACTUALLY Centre court tennis is not a PAL exclusive, but actually saw release in Japan under the (hilarious) title Let's Smash. It would fit into the category of what I like to call the psuedo-exclusives along with Rakuga Kids and Airboarder 64.

**Nerd chortle, breathes in through inhaler.**

• Haha 1

Centre Court Tennis is a funny one since AFAIK it doesn't have an ending, just a victory sequence when you win each of the game's 4 tournaments.

I beat the game twice for NA (and myself), and set an arbitrary victory standard of winning all four tournaments and thereby becoming world #1. It's possible there's a way to get something more definitive (maybe by winning all the available items of clothing and accessories, but that'd be insanely time-consuming).

Edited by bronzeshield
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bronzeshield said:

Centre Court Tennis is a funny one since AFAIK it doesn't have an ending, just a victory sequence when you win each of the game's 4 tournaments.

I beat the game twice for NA (and myself), and set an arbitrary victory standard of winning all four tournaments and thereby becoming world #1. It's possible there's a way to get something more definitive (maybe by winning all the available items of clothing and accessories, but that'd be insanely time-consuming).

Sounds fair enough to me! 🙂

14 hours ago, Jeevan said:

If you are good at them @Beliskner you and @Nugfish might have to single handedly beat the racing games 🤣.  Unless there are easy ones out there, I sucked at gt64 when I tried it.

I tried to beat Cruis n' Exotica but thought it was harder than the other two games in the series and gave up.

I only tried for like 15 minutes but that time was almost enough to beat Cruis n' USA.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

I think that is 99 by my count, but I could be wrong.  Getting mayhem in today, whether that is good or bad remains to be seen........  I didn't think I would finish any games this being my long work week but 2 done, 2 more to go for the 33% mark 🙂.  I got a few more to knock out, blast corps being one, that I will mix in when I get time.  We will see how mayhem goes......

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 102/303
Editorials Team · Posted

Huh, my count is 102, unless I misinterpreted someone's post and they actually didn't beat a game, or something.  Also, sometimes I forget to update the total count in the title, so it gets outdated and out of sync. Great pace! I'm still doing Mario Golf, and I started Big Mountain 2000.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Splain said:

Huh, my count is 102, unless I misinterpreted someone's post and they actually didn't beat a game, or something.  Also, sometimes I forget to update the total count in the title, so it gets outdated and out of sync. Great pace! I'm still doing Mario Golf, and I started Big Mountain 2000.

That's a pleasant surprise!

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 104/303
Editorials Team · Posted

Nice, that puts us at 1/3. Let's beat another 1/3 in the next 2 months, finish the library by the end of June, and start it again in July!

I have commitment issues so I played through Mario Party 2. Definitely the quickest of the 3. Ok now back to the games I'm supposed to be working on.

X9E1Dv8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1