IGNORED

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 153/303

Splain

5 hours ago, LambBrainz said:

Is anyone working on Pilotwings 64? I can probably blow thru that one today.

Also, if I finish a game, is there a way I can update the spreadsheet or is that someone else's job? Just didn't want anyone to get missed.

Spain updates the list every few days. Haha, just noticed Galdius answered that. My bad...

Edited by Nugfish

16 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

Spain updates the list every few days. Haha, just noticed Galdius answered that. My bad...

You're good lol

I proposed to Splain the idea of putting the list in Google Sheets or something. There are some obvious benefits to this, with the only "con" being honesty, but we're trusting everyone anyway so there's not much of a loss.

Events Helper · Posted

I am on mission 8 of I think 16 of sarge's heroes.  Should finish it up today/tonight and start the second one.  Just so you all know whats up in my world!  Also, glad, and sad, to be of service on the sportball games @Nugfish 🤣  I will try 99 next, but it might be a bit.

47 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I am on mission 8 of I think 16 of sarge's heroes.  Should finish it up today/tonight and start the second one.  Just so you all know whats up in my world!  Also, glad, and sad, to be of service on the sportball games @Nugfish 🤣  I will try 99 next, but it might be a bit.

Haha, take your time. I'll keep powering through some more sports games. I'm in the middle of Olympic Hockey right now.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, LambBrainz said:

You're good lol

I proposed to Splain the idea of putting the list in Google Sheets or something. There are some obvious benefits to this, with the only "con" being honesty, but we're trusting everyone anyway so there's not much of a loss.

We could make the list publicly editable, I guess. If that's what people want to do then it's fine. But I think it's fun to report them here so we can discuss the games. Sorry it sometimes takes me a couple days to update. You mentioned people being able to show on the spreadsheet that they're working on a game, but over the years we've found it's better to keep the "dibs" really informal, in case someone claims a game and then disappears, or claims 20 games at once, etc. Just follow the thread to see who's working on what.

Are you doing Pilotwings? I think I'll start through Mario Golf.

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 92/303
7 minutes ago, Splain said:

We could make the list publicly editable, I guess. If that's what people want to do then it's fine. But I think it's fun to report them here so we can discuss the games. Sorry it sometimes takes me a couple days to update. You mentioned people being able to show on the spreadsheet that they're working on a game, but over the years we've found it's better to keep the "dibs" really informal, in case someone claims a game and then disappears, or claims 20 games at once, etc. Just follow the thread to see who's working on what.

Are you doing Pilotwings? I think I'll start through Mario Golf.

Nah, @Red said he got it. So I'll look thru and scoop something else up. I somehow lost my Mario Golf. I need to get me another copy. That was super fun

Events Helper · Posted

I think one editor is fine imo.  I think the informal dibs has worked thus far, might as well keep it.  This is a small enough group I would think that splain will just have to continue being our guy.  Almost a third of the way through guys, lets keep the train a rollin'.  This needs to be done this year 😊.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

don't know if I will finish another game this week.  that one took longer than expected.  but as long as we stay ahead of the curve we should do fine.  I figure we will need the extra time at the end of the year for anything nugfish hasn't beaten sports wise and any horrible game we are all avoiding 🤣  I'll work on sarges 2 and battle for naboo as soon as it gets here and I ordered another monotonous wcw  game for like 5 bux.  I figure maybe 1 or 2 more of those and I will be done with wrasslin!

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 94/303

I started playing Kirby 64 this afternoon (it’s carnival here so I only have to work starting on Wednesday afternoon this week) but it’s very boring. I like the 3DS Kirby games and thought I would enjoy this one as well but it’s not what’s happening. I also want to play ISS 2000 so that I’ll probably beat that one first.

• Like 1

So I've been watching gameplay footage of racing games and noticed the NASCAR titles roll credits at the end of a season with or without placing 1st on the season. Does this mean you don't have to place 1st to complete the game? It seemed like Lego Racers was the same way. This may possibly be a common theme on many of the racing games. Could I get a little clarity with this @Splain?

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Nugfish said:

So I've been watching gameplay footage of racing games and noticed the NASCAR titles roll credits at the end of a season with or without placing 1st on the season. Does this mean you don't have to place 1st to complete the game? It seemed like Lego Racers was the same way. This may possibly be a common theme on many of the racing games. Could I get a little clarity with this @Splain?

Whoa. Thanks for bringing that up. I think we should still require placing 1st, or else it turns into one of those games where you can just select View Credits from the main menu. You say NASCAR 99, 2000, and Lego Racers?

13 minutes ago, Splain said:

Whoa. Thanks for bringing that up. I think we should still require placing 1st, or else it turns into one of those games where you can just select View Credits from the main menu. You say NASCAR 99, 2000, and Lego Racers?

I know in Lego Racers you progress through the levels/worlds without placing, but only unlock each world's boss (I forget the game's terminology) if you place first in that world. I assume you dont have to place to get credits

NASCAR just runs the credits at the end of a season regardless of standings.

Events Helper · Posted

Just a heads up, I am thinking bout doing all the wcw/wwf titles unless anyone else really wants them.  As long as they are cheap enough I guess.  Figure that will help nug out some too if you consider those sports titles or what not, just will mix them in between good titles 🤣.  Unless someone else wants to do any.......I will order 1 at a time until I get caught up on the rest of my backlog and what not.  So feel free to call it out if you wanna do one, I think i got mayhem ordered and on the way, after that I will get another wcw ordered.  Anyways, back to work *sigh*

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 1