IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

Graphics Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Kid Dracula said:

Played through Kiwi Kraze. Not sure why this game is so unpopular, I enjoy it!

I've always liked Kiwi Kraze, but I find it really difficult. Congrats on beating it - I spent a couple weeks last year trying to make decent progress in it, but I couldn't even get halfway through the game haha.

-CasualCart

Beat Baseball Simulator 1.000 yet again, with a 5-0 record as the Sweepers:

Sweepers 10-0 Heroes (2 innings, 0 hits allowed, 3 HR)
Homers 0-12 Sweepers (3 innings, 1 hit allowed, 2 HR)
Powers 6-17 Sweepers (2 innings, 3 hits allowed, 7 HR)
Sweepers 12-1 Winners (3 innings, 1 hit allowed, 5 HR)
Allstars 25-2 Sweepers (2 innings, 2 hits allowed, 4 HR)

TOTAL:

12 innings played
76 runs scored
9 runs allowed
7 hits allowed
21 home runs hit

9 lou
3 saul
3 tom
2 mick
2 ray
1 hank
1 sam

Edited by scaryice

On 1/5/2020 at 10:16 PM, Crabmaster2000 said:

Did not realize this was a thing after Nintendoage disappeared! Thanks for the heads up on youtube Scary! I'll definitely be helping out with this yet again. Mark me down for Adventures of Lolo II so far and hopefully many more. 

Awesome. You were like the only main competitor not to show up, so I'm glad you're here.

Kiwi Kraze is actually a lot harder than I remembered it. Definitely a solid challenge!

I’m intermittently working on the two ball and paddle games on the nes- Arkanoid and Thunder & Lightning. I have to keep rotating and throwing in a new game occasionally because they’re both so frustrating. 

What’s everyone else working on or targeting next? 

6 hours ago, CasualCart said:

I've always liked Kiwi Kraze, but I find it really difficult. Congrats on beating it - I spent a couple weeks last year trying to make decent progress in it, but I couldn't even get halfway through the game haha.

-CasualCart

It's been a couple years since I played Kiwi Kraze, but I too thought it was a fun game with rewarding challenge. The 1HK + limited continues makes for a pretty high difficulty. I remember the 2nd half of level 4-4 being a pain.

1 hour ago, Kid Dracula said:

Kiwi Kraze is actually a lot harder than I remembered it. Definitely a solid challenge!

I’m intermittently working on the two ball and paddle games on the nes- Arkanoid and Thunder & Lightning. I have to keep rotating and throwing in a new game occasionally because they’re both so frustrating. 

What’s everyone else working on or targeting next? 

I've basically just been trying to knock out games I've beaten before that are still out there. I have issues getting the main page to load on my phone, so I usually have to check it daily on a PC. There are probably a few more I could finish without much trouble. I'm trying to tackle as many as I can before the weekly contests start back up.

Nice work gang!

Man this must be a joke. I had an amazing Arkanoid run going- was on round 32 of 35 with two lives in reserve when my NES decided to start blinking! It’s never done that before on that game either. What a cruel moment. I would have lost my mind if I was a kid. 

Knocked off Double Dribble.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Kid Dracula said:

Nice work gang!

Man this must be a joke. I had an amazing Arkanoid run going- was on round 32 of 35 with two lives in reserve when my NES decided to start blinking! It’s never done that before on that game either. What a cruel moment. I would have lost my mind if I was a kid. 

Knocked off Double Dribble.

Are you using the Vaus controller or a regular NES pad with Arkanoid? That is one of the hardest NES games to beat.

2 hours ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Gimme credit for Fisher Price Firehouse Rescue!! That last maze is no joke! Can't remember the last time I got to claim a 1 point game. Feels...... wrong.....

Lol, I also felt like an idiot when I lost to the last maze in a Fisher Price game that's otherwise virtually un-losable.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Haha 1