IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

Graphics Team · Posted

Panic Restaurant is completed! I played the PAL version, so if that doesn't count then someone else will have to take care of this one.

1316667875_PanicRestaurantCompleted.jpg.bde2fd0fcaab166a0e20f6f19954c95a.jpg

Taito platformers are always a blast, and Panic Restaurant probably has the most charm of them all. I struggled a lot with the ice stage and the final boss battle against Oh'Dove, but it was worth the effort!

-CasualCart

Graphics Team · Posted

Monster In My Pocket is completed!

22009879_MonsterinMyPocketCompleted.jpg.2cda57d1e99e70e5a3dcbd5486468c35.jpg

I played as the Vampire, and I had forgotten how satisfying the slash attack is in this game. Although - I've always hated when games trick you into thinking you won, only to bring the final boss back in another form.

-CasualCart

5 hours ago, Strikezone1 said:

Rampage is beaten.

I slogged through all 2 & a half hours to complete this mind-numbing game. Glad to have this game checked off my list. Probably safe for me to say I’ll never bother to play it again (at least to completion).

It is a slog, but there's also something nice about knowing you're going to beat a game no matter what, since it's just about grinding and it's easy with unlimited continues. I think you could just sit there and let the buildings blow themselves up, only hitting the start button once in a while and still beat the game that way.

20 hours ago, MaarioS said:

Also one more thing- what's up with the completed counter?? What I'm saying is that 15 games cannot be completed at all so they are marked as "completed" right from the start, so completed games really start from 15 while they should start at 0 or the counter of all games to complete should be /662 maximum rather than /677 instead

Technically it is out of 662, but I know people would ask a lot of questions about it if I did it that way. So I just keep it out of 677.

Yeah, I dig the modular upgrade/transformation system in MagMax. Terra Cresta has something similar, but I think they're the only shooters on the NES that tried the gimmick, and both are fairly primitive, early titles. I guess Thundercade, too, with the sidecars is similar. Would've been cool to see a powerful, polished late shooter like Crisis Force or Gun Nac do something with that gimmick.

Also, Mega Man 5 is done.

I'm trying to finish Gun-Nac right now. Does it matter what difficulty I play the game on? You only get the good ending on expert, but you still go through the whole game no matter what difficulty you play on. Plus, I can't even get past the first stage on expert.

If it does matter, then I guess I'll just go for Dragon Spirit instead.

2 hours ago, Andykin Skysk8r said:

L'Empereur is done on scenario 2. @Daniel_Doyce Your advice on taxes/supplies made things much easier, thanks bro.

I saw you consulting the sage Doyce for tips on the last few days of last year's thread. Did this playthrough start before midnight on January 1st, because that would unfortunately disqualify this run.

7 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Yeah, I dig the modular upgrade/transformation system in MagMax. Terra Cresta has something similar, but I think they're the only shooters on the NES that tried the gimmick, and both are fairly primitive, early titles. I guess Thundercade, too, with the sidecars is similar. Would've been cool to see a powerful, polished late shooter like Crisis Force or Gun Nac do something with that gimmick.

There's a lot of Famicom shooters where you can transform into a mech, most of them are pretty bad though. But yeah, it's a lot of fun to pick up parts in those games. I always loved playing Gaplus (Galaga 3) in the arcade, where you can capture a bunch of enemy fighters. Now there's a game I wish had an NES port.