IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

22 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

I saw you consulting the sage Doyce for tips on the last few days of last year's thread. Did this playthrough start before midnight on January 1st, because that would unfortunately disqualify this run.

Ah good call, I believe I started Dec 31st now that I think about it. Im guessing you have some experience with how utterly slow moving the gameplay is lol

1 hour ago, nerdynebraskan said:

I beat ya to Kung Fu. Sorry you wasted 7 minutes of your life! [/sarcasm]

I'm finishing up on Adventures of Lolo right now. I've only beaten it once before, and never for this thread, so that's kind of cool.

I guess I missed it. For some reason the first page doesn't want to load on my phone. I need to check the main thread tomorrow on a PC since there may be some games that I've already beaten this year that havent been done yet.

4 hours ago, Andykin Skysk8r said:

Funny you should mention that, right now I am trying to beat it with a self imposed handicap of having to invade Spain right away on scenario 3. Its pretty tough though so no guarantees Ill finish it.

I'm doing the whole Koei block, so I'll finish it either for the contest or not 🙂

I finished one loop of Sky Shark, i.e. 5 levels! This game is tough, but I also quite enjoyed it. However, it's a bit flawed as well. You can barely see the enemy projectiles on the screen and at times they seemingly merge with the background. Also, your hit box is a bit too large and wonky. I think with some tweaks this game could have been more popular. It also reminds me a lot of Toaplan shooters. I had to double-check that this was actually published by Taito.

I'm trying to beat Crystalis next, but that game is a bit longer. Maybe I can still clear it over the weekend.

Sky Shark.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki