IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

More pickups!

IX03cSX.jpeg?1

Got the AC e-reader cards in a trade and Muramasa in another trade. And got the FE Engage pins from My Nintendo 🙂

dnTqAaM.jpg

Got the Tales of Destiny II guide in a trade and saw that the Creating Q*Bert book was on sale for a really good price, so that's something to read. 

9gAWPzp.jpg

Bandai Namco store was having a sale for Valentine's Day and I had been eyeing these Taiko shirts for a while, those were buy 2 get 1 free, and they also had the Pac Man World Re-Pac Chogokin bundle on sale. It's a shame that the game doesn't come bundled like a CE, but I really like the figure and plan to display it. 

4Xq33zU.jpg 

Got some AC amiibo cards for $20, seemed like a good deal 🙂

That's all for now!

• Like 11

Here is a couple of things I've picked up in the past few months.  It's funny.  Growing up, I wasn't much of a Trek fan, but now I like it more than Star Wars.  I've got a few more things to show off, but I haven't had the chance to upload them yet.

20221217_163046.jpg

20230110_170906.jpg

• Like 7

I love Special Reserve Games! I think they make the most beautiful limited editions... but dang! Some of them, such as their recent games, seem to sell out before you even get the email 😭

Waiting can be a risky game, since you  never know if a game will go up or down in price - usually up.

That said, I had been eyeing the exclusive signed cover (because I love autographs) which was only available at Pax East. However, prices were around $100 for JUST the cover... but, someone sold a copy of the game + signed cover for basically the MSRP for the game... yay 🙂

Demon-Throttle.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

As I near the end of my retro collecting, I had been combing through to try and fill in any deviations or weird holes I left in my time in the hobby. One of them was that I never found an ESRB version of Asphalt 2 Urban GT and only had the press kit. The official ESRB release only released through mail order which you can see by looking at the sticker on the new copy I got from Atari Age, so not only did I find one but I found one with all the unique identifiers (and sealed) which i thought was really cool. This is the whole US set for this platform, a rare thing for me.image.jpeg.6a6458e4d2d57eb620a01e059e099f6a.jpegimage.jpeg.fa1c11d7eaf2f045a4b5b200b492d7bd.jpeg20230216_154438.jpg

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 10
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Not really a typical sort of thing to post here so not sure if it would be appreciated. While I've been filling gaps in my collection, I've always had one hole in the area decor wise, in that the clock itself was never game related at all.. So I picked up a stupid smart clock that I'd not suggest to almost anyone aside dumb people who are suckers for a theme like me 😛 It was kind of a pain to setup, but I like it a lot more and the coloring/brightness allows my aging eyes to see it from afar still, so that's cool. I'm selecting these manually so it scrambles each time but the auto transition is smoother, just didn't want a 10 minute video.

I removed the stuff from behind and cleaned up the cords and such after, but this is what it all looks like now.

FpO_K6eXwAEfqk2?format=jpg&name=largeFpO_LU4XwAEAAkG?format=jpg&name=large

Bonus pictures, I've been redoing some displays, I still have some work to do in each but I won't be able to do anything until the material comes in from various places, so this is where I stopped for now. To try to illustrate, most of these didn't have much (or anything) behind them, but I have a lot of various BS that had no home, so this is what the result was, of course it also meant having to buy extra stuff to then complete that, but eh. 

FpO_5B9WcAEKO-W?format=jpg&name=largeFpO_5k5WcAEYgz0?format=jpg&name=largeFpPAFZGWIAEIEHZ?format=jpg&name=largeFpPAFl6XEAUWm9k?format=jpg&name=largeFpPAFy8XEAEsird?format=jpg&name=largeFpPAF-LXgAAUaAN?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 12
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 3

Some games from the local pair of Canadian @Gloves

6DVsejq.png

No game in the EOIV but it's an upgrade to the box I had, then some more games for the eternal backlog.

9slZ8fo.png

And then a bunch of odds and ends I bought with a proxy from the UK. Yes, that includes the Soul Hackers, which in hindsight was probably a bad idea since prices have been cooling on US Ebay, so I didn't really save that much. Oh well. The Mario movie steelbook is something I've been wanting for a long time since I stupidly passed up on it at $30. This copy isn't the greatest condition so if I get the opportunity to get a better one at the same price, I'd jump on it. I also realized I was an idiot and picked a bad condition 3D World steelbook, so I'll have to buy a better one to replace that. Much cheaper/easier than the movie at least.

IT75m5H.png

Apparently Europe My Nintendo rewards have a postcard set based on the Mario hanafuda deck, so I grabbed a set of those since I was contemplating getting the Luigi's Mansion 2 card for a while but didn't like how small it is. They have a nice texture to them.

Any advice on getting crusty bits off boxart? Do I just pick at it and hope for the best?

• Like 13
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

Not really a typical sort of thing to post here so not sure if it would be appreciated. While I've been filling gaps in my collection, I've always had one hole in the area decor wise, in that the clock itself was never game related at all.. So I picked up a stupid smart clock that I'd not suggest to almost anyone aside dumb people who are suckers for a theme like me 😛 It was kind of a pain to setup, but I like it a lot more and the coloring/brightness allows my aging eyes to see it from afar still, so that's cool. I'm selecting these manually so it scrambles each time but the auto transition is smoother, just didn't want a 10 minute video.

I removed the stuff from behind and cleaned up the cords and such after, but this is what it all looks like now.

Bonus pictures, I've been redoing some displays, I still have some work to do in each but I won't be able to do anything until the material comes in from various places, so this is where I stopped for now. To try to illustrate, most of these didn't have much (or anything) behind them, but I have a lot of various BS that had no home, so this is what the result was, of course it also meant having to buy extra stuff to then complete that, but eh. 

FpO_5B9WcAEKO-W?format=jpg&name=largeFpO_5k5WcAEYgz0?format=jpg&name=largeFpPAFZGWIAEIEHZ?format=jpg&name=largeFpPAFl6XEAUWm9k?format=jpg&name=largeFpPAFy8XEAEsird?format=jpg&name=largeFpPAF-LXgAAUaAN?format=jpg&name=large

The collection is looking pretty damn complete! Nice pics!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

The collection is looking pretty damn complete! Nice pics!

It's getting there, I'm not confident I'll finish this year but I am more confident than I would have been last year. I do have a lead on 2 of the games I'm missing but I never like to get too excited. It will be very strange to only focus on newer releases even if they are still abundant, the cost and difficulty is just a different level lol. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

It's getting there, I'm not confident I'll finish this year but I am more confident than I would have been last year. I do have a lead on 2 of the games I'm missing but I never like to get too excited. It will be very strange to only focus on newer releases even if they are still abundant, the cost and difficulty is just a different level lol. 

I generally only collect retro stuff, but I branched out to PSVR just for the novelty and was blown away at how easy it was. Now that videogame collecting is a mainstream hobby, even the limited releases are readily available for prices near (or even below) retail. Add in the fact that many modern "collectors" are actually speculators buying multiple copies and it seems likely newer releases will be available in perfect condition in perpetuity. The likely future availability of new games and the rise of FOMO services like LRG kind of pushed me away from going after modern sets.

You have to be at least a little crazy and extremely dedicated to go after the retro stuff which is kind of what makes it fun.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 2/18/2023 at 2:39 AM, goldenpp72 said:

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

• Like 1
  • Haha 1