IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

26 minutes ago, ViKiNg said:

Battle Mania Daiginjou or Battle Mania 2 for Sega Mega Drive. Released in Japan and Korea.

Sequel to Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter.

Great shmup, colorful and dynamic!

And great box art of course! 

DSC-1998.jpg

Ooooh! NICE!!!

I am currently ramping up my MD collecting, how much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Been slacking on posing what's new, so here's some of it.

pickupsFEB2022_01.jpg.8eb83e0427501658fbe92becfd4daef2.jpg

Fire Emblem Warriors went to $20 preowned at GameStop and it was finally time to grab it.  I have Injustice on PS3 already but I grabbed it on PS4 anyway for like $6.  Why they always making Superman a bad guy?  I'd never played Street Fighter V, it was like $8 so why not.  And Mass Effect was on clearance at Wal-Mart for $15, so now to find 100 free hours to play it.

pickupsFEB2022_02.jpg.81877dd976f50a812af2d044d53c55ed.jpg

My buddy @monkeybut625 gave me Guardians of the Galaxy for Christmas.  Thanks man!  It's on my 2022 Backlog and I'm going to start it as soon as I finish Ratchet and Clank (not on the backlog btw).  Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 was $9 so I got both versions, luckily the DLC codes were still good in them.  Put off getting this Zelda long enough and it was $20. Better start snagging those 3DS games on my wish list before they are all dried up.  Pokemon X was $20 and Mario Maker 3DS was $12, maybe someday I can match them with a case.  I don't mind though I want to play the built in levels on Mario Maker and my youngest son is Pokemon crazy so he will enjoy playing it.

pickupsFEB2022_03.jpg.9b977de3e710c84d65f65b52e1b8cf99.jpg

I got these sometime last year from customgamecases.com.  Someone here was talking about them so I decided to try them out.  I got one case each for all my loose Game Boy games and my one loose N64 game.  I think they were like $4 each, they're good enough and makes the shelf look better than just loose carts.  

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Californication said:

Wow. I've been looking for a loose copy and haven't seen one less than $500.

It's kinda feature of our local market. There are not much people wishing to buy expensive video games, so many of them sold below the market, especially if seller don't want to sell on ebay. I've bought  Korean Uzu Keobukseon CIB in great condition for only $1000 locally.

• Wow! 1

8 hours ago, avatar! said:

"only" $1000

This is rare and expensive game for good price, but it's really expensive for me too,  i'm not a millionaire 😁

But i love my hobby...

6 hours ago, Californication said:

they've all been on my list way too long

Sure, i'll keep my eyes open for them! 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Sega Rally Championship is a beaut. And Chu Chu Rocket on the GBA does not get enough love. 

CCR is amazing on GBA all they popped into that one, and even as wonky as the odd setup was that Sega Rally did it was good and I hate that I let go of it many years ago (kind of backed into it) because now the price is disgusting and I can't even rationalize why.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Sega Rally Championship is a beaut. And Chu Chu Rocket on the GBA does not get enough love. 

Honestly by this point I totally wrote off getting the game since it spiked so bad. Tried landing one for a few years and missed the (very few) that did turn up under $100. This one isn't mint, but I was more than happy to pick it up for the sticker price. Cart's mint anyway, of which I see loose ones with wear flirting with the $200 USD tag. $350 CAD for this CIB, is a win in my eyes! 

Pretty good game too, given the platform!

So hit the half price on the way to get the kiddo from school.  Jaw dropped when I saw this one.  Originally the yellow sticker was below but I had already taken care of it.

$5 as-is?  Battery dead you say?  Funny I have spare batteries, and now I have a $5 as IT is working game. 😄

gbc-pokemonsilverasisfixed.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow! 1

This one is for the Metal Gear Solid fans. Picked up the MGS: The Twin Snakes Premium Package for the Gamecube.

For those who don't know, this was a premium package released in Japan only. It contains the console with a foxhound logo, concept booklet, MGS The Twin Snakes and a special edition disc that includes the original Famicom game, Metal Gear.

As far I am aware this is the only way to get the Metal Gear game on the Gamecube, which might make getting the full Japanese GC set a little hard to complete in the future.

1.png.386ef6190cb2e8808def7851bb5bb54f.png

2.png.cdfa35effd2f072a06372afcd5e326f4.png

• Like 12
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

crashbandicoot4switch.jpg.ce8e4b50b2a01b11f1f5abffdd3e6c3a.jpg

It's about time I bought this game. I love this series.

cobrakaiseason3dvd.jpg.379dd6ae1ab30cfdbb38299989d00ae3.jpg

Also bought season 3 of Cobra Kai on DVD (got seasons 1 and 2 last year). After watching the intense fight in the season 2 finale, I REALLY wanted to watch season 3. Sure I could've watched it on Netflix, but I wanted to add it to my massive DVD/Blu-ray collection. Looks like it came out on DVD last month, so I've got some catching up to do. Maybe I'll buy the Cobra Kai game on Switch someday, since apparently it is a decent game.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

crashbandicoot4switch.jpg.ce8e4b50b2a01b11f1f5abffdd3e6c3a.jpg

It's about time I bought this game. I love this series.

cobrakaiseason3dvd.jpg.379dd6ae1ab30cfdbb38299989d00ae3.jpg

Also bought season 3 of Cobra Kai on DVD (got seasons 1 and 2 last year). After watching the intense fight in the season 2 finale, I REALLY wanted to watch season 3. Sure I could've watched it on Netflix, but I wanted to add it to my massive DVD/Blu-ray collection. Looks like it came out on DVD last month, so I've got some catching up to do. Maybe I'll buy the Cobra Kai game on Switch someday, since apparently it is a decent game.

Crash 4 is really fun! There are some great new mechanics. Some of those end levels really put your dexterity to the test!

Kobra Kai surprised the hell out of my wife and I.  We got hooked fast.

• Like 1

February Funkin' and it's mostly a motherload of LRG blowout sales and pre-orders arriving. The game with too much reflection is Ys IX: Monstrum Nox LE. Nordic rental version of Wonder Boy in Monster World is also my first Mega Drive rental - the game is a certified childhood classic. Shadow Dancer got a vinyl release finally... da bomb. Also really glad I picked the Genesis style Castlevania Anniversary Collection; it was a tough choice between it and the classic NES silver Konami box style, even with me being a huge Genesis/MD fan, but the red and green color scheme sold me on it and it's a beauty when it's in your hands.

KUFQfx5.jpg

BnC5t2u.jpg

43peKi9.jpg

aDhNTNG.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 1

On 11/21/2021 at 9:16 PM, RH said:

Well, uh... this just happened. I placed a bid I was sure I'd lose of $103... on a Sunday night, no less. Money's a bit tight, but I'll take $103 for Trip World all day. I've wanted this one for years.

Screenshot_20211121-211529.png

Time to own up to my own, stupid mistake, even this one was a long time ago.  For the first time in my 7 years of collecting and scrupulously paying attention to details, one got past me.  This Trip World was 100% fake.  As soon as I opened the package, I knew it was fake and my heart sank.  I knew I could easily get a refund (which I did, without hesitation from the seller) but the fact that in all my observing and teaching, I was shocked by the sticker price and didn't take the time to double-check the photos.  This one was an easy one to miss because the case doesn't say GAME like most fakes.  Instead, it's a poor mould of the original shell, but it was photographed in poor lighting.  Looking back, it was obvious.  The color is off and the shell looks very-slightly translucent, which is common for fake carts.

Oh well, live and learn.  Always be vigilant, especially when a game is priced at a price that's too good to be true.  I guess I am about 2,000 to 1* now, so that's not too bad of a ratio in purchases of legits to fakes.

(*This ratio does not include the one other fake I bought, which was Super Princess Peach.  That seller included a photo of a legit Super Princess Peach and shipped a fake one.  I compared the photos from the auction to the item and handedly won that case.  He had good feedback rating too, so I don't count it as a "loss" since I knew I'd have to evaluate that game when it was in hand.  But, technically, this Trip World is the second fake I've ever bought, expecting a legit copy.)

Edited by RH
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1