IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

20 hours ago, croagunk said:

Hello everyone! I’m back! I had a little accident where I passed out, fell, and cut my head in the middle of the night for some unknown reason. I got staples in my head at the ER. I’m waiting on some tests at the hospital. I am struggling a bit with vertigo/dizziness still. So I haven’t been playing games much because of this.

I did get a few games for Christmas. I got Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, KeyWe, Mario Golf: Super Rush, and the Splatoon 2 starter pack for the Switch. I also got some Animal Crossing Amiibo cards, an Animal Crossing Switch travel case, and an eshop card.

I missed you guys. It’s great to be back. I’ve gifted most everyone with likes as I’ve been catching up on everyone’s posts.

Glad you are back and I hope you are feeling better

My wife's cousin's husband has a similar incident last year that resulted in a broken jaw.  It's scary stuff.  The worst thing was that his wife was in a different state at the time of the accident.  Luckily his parents found him and got him to the hospital.  

In addition to that, my wife passed out only a few months after that and fell backwards and hit her head on the front storm door.  Luckily, I was there along with both of her parents, so we had several people to help her out.  Amazingly, no injuries for my wife except for a sore head.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1

It was quite the mail call today; this is going to be an awesome weekend of gaming goodness (complete with 40cm of snowfall)!

From LRG and SRG, Huntdown and The Red Strings Club. I participated in the sign up beta test for Huntdown and it was an awesome experience, so I had to get this physical. The Red Strings Club's atmosphere makes the game, so I was happy to get a copy on the second chance sale SRG put on a few months back.

6XpimpyXTo24m3EBvwvHKg.jpg.3079c18aadbadee8165abf9e832e6a3f.jpg

After that, DHL showed up with the stuff I had shipped from my US box. The Game Boy odyssey I've embarked on continues with Dig Dug (can never go wrong with DD), TTA: Babs' Big Break (these Tiny Toons games are so good!), Mickey's Dangerous Chase (I seem to be on a side mission to get all these great Capcom/Disney games), Nobunaga's Ambition (love NA, this is my third iteration of the game), and Burger Time Deluxe (I've seen it written and heard it said that this is an AWESOME version of BT!).

Aside from that, I managed to score - for an awesome price - my second last NGPC game. Only one to go...so close...

Gilm5tqdTEKSF7vr97DeqQ.jpg.6733a77ececf226936e65f86fb80f43d.jpg

eb_ObeXcSmGmoOdlczr2PQ.jpg.461511f27fa1b7b145252266edb26909.jpg

NRd6b1bzQWaDwcxlCH02vQ.jpg.25add60119e6c1930833fa6aacb3440b.jpg

The last couple for today are World of Illusion on Genesis and Goof Troop (1st print copy) for SNES! Finding a first print of Goof Troop complete and in nice condition for a nominal price took quite a while, but the patience paid off. In both cases, my wife and I are looking forward to playing these together!

b3H9mzbGRUSt8E-lcfbpcQ.jpg.7ede2afa411ee19e9ac1d24d3c22fd77.jpg

This will likely be it for about a month, but there are a ton of awesome games to play and 2022 backlog challenge list to keep chipping at. Until then, good luck with the hunt, everyone 🙂

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Graphics Team · Posted
On 1/27/2022 at 8:38 PM, croagunk said:

Hello everyone! I’m back! I had a little accident where I passed out, fell, and cut my head in the middle of the night for some unknown reason. I got staples in my head at the ER. I’m waiting on some tests at the hospital. I am struggling a bit with vertigo/dizziness still. So I haven’t been playing games much because of this.

I did get a few games for Christmas. I got Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, KeyWe, Mario Golf: Super Rush, and the Splatoon 2 starter pack for the Switch. I also got some Animal Crossing Amiibo cards, an Animal Crossing Switch travel case, and an eshop card.

I missed you guys. It’s great to be back. I’ve gifted most everyone with likes as I’ve been catching up on everyone’s posts.

Oh man, that's brutal - hope you get your health back in order soon.

But at the same time, getting staples in your head sounds tough as nails, dude.

-CasualCart

Croagunk HardCore.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Events Helper · Posted
On 1/27/2022 at 8:38 PM, croagunk said:

truly hope u are well buddy!!!

• Like 1

Have been away from this thread for a while but croagunk is back so why not. Acquired a bunch of strategy guides today, Secret of Mana guide from @3rdStrongestMole and the rest from a decent used game store that is about 20 minutes away from me. Funny enough when I was at the shop I told the owner that I think strategy guides are getting really popular and he tells me “you know MJR just did a video about them.” Of course. 

CF30E6A1-1566-45F1-8BB1-8965E75F9668.jpeg

Also got this Arcade1Up from Nordstrom’s when it was 40% off. Pictured here without the riser. Love this thing. So happy to have a decent cab with spinner and trackball for playing games like Tempest and Centipede. And really impressed with games I hadn’t played before like Major Havoc… what a cool game.

60C4DCE7-97FA-45F8-BB7E-F190471D455F.thumb.jpeg.5e626f3fc40eb0fadecde7d8aca06ed4.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 15
  • Wow! 1

This shelf is pretty much the last 2 weeks or so of pickups. I’m really enjoying not buying $1,800 NES games that I need to complete the set and $100 buying me many games (the games here didn’t all cost me $100, I’m saying in general). I’ve been meaning to pick up Space Megaforce forever and saw a good price on it at JJGames even though it isn’t perfect. Batman and Robin seemed to be tracking up so I wanted to get it before it got crazy. Hurricanes is one that is rarer than people think and less expensive right now so I grabbed that on eBay. Will I actually play these damn games? Time will tell. 

image.jpg

• Like 12

@MiamiSlice Wow...nice guides, and geez I forgot my old game of Defender had one of those made for it too.  Game gets so lost in the shuffle but it is a quality title.  That Gameboy guide would be fun, usually see those in pocket form, not that size.

I had a couple of items from yesterday, was debating doing an image but just didn't feel motivated.  I got Dragon' Fury with the case and the tengen reg card (but no manual) in the mail for the lower end value of what the cart costs if that, and it is in great shape.  And then I found someone to sell me the prima Dragon Warrior 1+2 guide for $30 vs the usual bullshit $70-100 it hits on ebay so I'm not complaining. 🙂

• Like 2

Remember back in 2019 when a few weeks or so apart there was this one goodwill I hit the motherlode on with the virtual boy and sealed pokemon red?  It has been a stain since, nothing there, but rarely and usually delusional bad too such as $160 for a broken DMG in a generic case with a stack of maybe $30 in GB game commons.

That changed today.  If it wasn't right near my kid school I wouldn't bother, and hadn't in weeks, maybe I have a gamers psychic spidey sense but avoided half price and went there instead to spot an odd metal case on the shelf, looked and saw the tag, and asked to see it, and it was this...  VERY happy.  Any wear to the SP is largely those few thin lines on the outer shell you see and a select few hairline scuffs to the lens inside, that's it.  I only own Chu Chu Rocket of those games and outside the skate one, seemingly they're not crap looking them up.  The odd parts some are garbage (blue ones) but the rest seem useful too.  Going by the SIMS2 save data, guessing mid-older teen/early adult who cared better for this thing.

I didn't need another 101, but I'll always hold onto one for use given how expensive and awful things are now, a spare is a spare. 😄

feb7-22-gw.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1