IGNORED

Anyone else want to join me with doing a box that goes round to everyone?

Mae247

I was part of something like this on the previous forums back in 2010-2011. Basically it’s random bits of games, accessories, promo materials, magazines, game art, etc for many systems. As much as we could fit in a usps large flat rate box.

if anyone is interested please chime in here    and we can go from there.

the only charge to anyone is the low price of the flat rate box.

It fizzled our on NA because people just lost interest but honestly it was really fun to see what others got and where the box went.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am interested for sure. If I got the box, would I get to keep some of the items and replace with items I have, just as long as the box gets filled with gaming goodness? If that’s the case, I’d love to give and receive mystery items. Could be a lot of fun. I feel you’d have to have a number of people commit first though. Like maybe 1 person per month?  

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Let me know if my understanding is incorrect. 

So the first person would pack some stuff in a box, maybe even include a piece of paper with a signature, and send it off the someone else (how do we determine who is next?). Then the next person gets to keep the stuff in the box (perhaps minus stuff they don't want/need) and then they add to the box so it keeps roughly the same value or at least keeps the spirit of being a nice gift/surprise, and pass it along to the next person. Rinse, repeat. Right? 

• Like 1

Count me in.  You might want add a caveat that you have to have a feedback thread with positive feedback, which means we may want to wait a few more months for people to establish themselves.  I mention the feedback because all it takes is one person...

Anyway, this does sound fun though.  It's like the game of telephone buy you swap out games instead of words!

I'd also recommend that we lock down the list, maybe, and then the last person sends the box back to the person that started the whole thing.  That way everyone gets a chance to both give and receive, including OP.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

I would definitely be interested, if we have some clear rules set in place and agreed, and a list of trustworthy members, sure!  We can maybe do a test run with a smaller group at first? Many different ways to try it out, and we could create a club to track it.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I would definitely be interested, if we have some clear rules set in place and agreed, and a list of trustworthy members, sure!  We can maybe do a test run with a smaller group at first? Many different ways to try it out, and we could create a club to track it.  

Circle-swaps.  There could be one thread per circle, maybe, and they could be themed.  As in, this is a small priority box filled with Game Boy boxes.  This is a medium box with Genesis stuff, etc.  Maybe even a media mail box filled with manuals and magazines! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I am interested for sure. If I got the box, would I get to keep some of the items and replace with items I have, just as long as the box gets filled with gaming goodness? If that’s the case, I’d love to give and receive mystery items. Could be a lot of fun. I feel you’d have to have a number of people commit first though. Like maybe 1 person per month?  

You are correct in your assumptions. And it would be a weekly thing. Someone gets it, they have 4-6 days to give and take and send to next person.

14 hours ago, Gloves said:

Let me know if my understanding is incorrect. 

So the first person would pack some stuff in a box, maybe even include a piece of paper with a signature, and send it off the someone else (how do we determine who is next?). Then the next person gets to keep the stuff in the box (perhaps minus stuff they don't want/need) and then they add to the box so it keeps roughly the same value or at least keeps the spirit of being a nice gift/surprise, and pass it along to the next person. Rinse, repeat. Right? 

You sir are correct! Maybe not take the whole contents, but take what they like. Also the order would be At random. I would put your names into a random generator for fairness. I would start the box off of course.

Edited by Mae247

Administrator · Posted

Weekly might be a bit overzealous to be honest. Consider that people have different schedules, post offices tend to suck, and generally speaking shipping times can vary (especially if including those of us not in the States, like myself). I'd say though that it should always have tracking, and maybe say it needs to be shipped out again within a week of having been received.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RH said:

Count me in.  You might want add a caveat that you have to have a feedback thread with positive feedback, which means we may want to wait a few more months for people to establish themselves.  I mention the feedback because all it takes is one person...

Anyway, this does sound fun though.  It's like the game of telephone buy you swap out games instead of words!

I'd also recommend that we lock down the list, maybe, and then the last person sends the box back to the person that started the whole thing.  That way everyone gets a chance to both give and receive, including OP.

Agreed, more details to come and rules of course. Would like more than myself as moderator so no one thinks I’m being unfair.

3 hours ago, spacepup said:

Agreed!