IGNORED

Anyone else want to join me with doing a box that goes round to everyone?

Mae247

On 12/27/2019 at 1:47 PM, RH said:

Maybe even a media mail box filled with manuals and magazines! 

Media mail strict forbids magazines (or any print material that contains advertising) If the postmaster does a spot inspection (which has happened to a few people I know), they will deliver it postage due, and your name will be added to a list for increased inspections.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gutling said:

That sounds good to me. and I have no feedback on here, but was also Gutling on NA and had a ton of perfect feedback. I just have not needed to buy/sell anything over here yet lol

I remember your name.

2 hours ago, MuNKeY said:

I too have no feedback here but I retained my old NA one in my profile under "about me tab" if anyone is curious. 

Who could forget you lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

I’d like to join. Is it ok if I steal everything in the box once I get it and just send a box full of used crayons and kids toys to the next person? 

Make sure to only include white crayons. I will be pissed if you include anything else. No packing peanuts or ELSE!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, G-type said:

Media mail strict forbids magazines (or any print material that contains advertising) If the postmaster does a spot inspection (which has happened to a few people I know), they will deliver it postage due, and your name will be added to a list for increased inspections.

Thanks for looking out for us G-type

1 hour ago, G-type said:

Oh wow, thanks.  I had no clue magazines weren't allowed.  I would have actually assumed the USPS would have considered magazines the exact type of media to classify as "media" for media mail.  In fact, I also assumed that media mail was used because media could be shipped more cheaply because minor puncture marks or folding of some media wouldn't cause much issue.

16 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

So is this going to be a thing? I have a few neat things I found during the post Christmas clean up I wouldn't mind putting in a box.

You are correct. This is going to 100% going to be a thing. Only reason it could derail is if someone fills it with crayons 🖍 lol

4 hours ago, Mae247 said:

You are correct. This is going to 100% going to be a thing. Only reason it could derail is if someone fills it with crayons 🖍 lol

I may have missed it somewhere in the body of the thread, is there a new thread for it? A public list of names? Basically any info of when its starting etc?

Editorials Team · Posted

We should finalize the rules before starting, including a list of participants.

- Mailing a large flat-rate box currently costs $19.95. US only?
- Get on the list by ______ (piping up on this thread? Providing proof of trust/credibility?)
- Order of recipients is determined randomly from everyone who signed up for each round.
- The box returns to the original sender (Mae247) before a new round is started.

When you receive the box:
- Take a picture?
- Sign the paper?
- Keep whatever you want from the box, as long as you add items of your own to maintain the approximate value of the box. (strict GVN/PC comparison? A limit to how much you take so that nobody cleans the box out?)
- Items must be video game related but do not necessarily need to be actual video games.
- No crans
- Send the box within a week of receiving it, to the next recipient on the list. Exchange addresses through PM.

It would be a little hilarious if people tossed in a few crayons as a joke, and then had to stock the box with increasingly valuable items to offset the space taken up by the crayons, until it comes back to Mae247, chock full of crayons and a single copy of Stadium Events.

• Haha 1

I will determine who gets the box and when they get the box randomly from a drawing this coming Tuesday or Wednesday of this coming week.

I know everyone has already asked but if I do not recognize your name for NA (also if you had no transaction history there) then send me a pm with proven links to your credit (no not your personal credit score) lol. you can also have someone with proper credit vouchers for you via pm to me.

0a-z. (haha) Yes we will have rules to simply have any questions answered and to keep this awesome piece of sageness moving along without issue.

Now, a few rules:

1. The flat rate box (only through USPS) will be able to be kept for a max of 3 days. (If you get the box and the 3rd day is a Sunday you will have 4 days. (PM me if other situations arise such as a holiday.)

1a. I am only giving 3 days due to the fact that I want to include 8-12 people on this first train and don’t want this to take months.

2. In the box will be a piece of paper. On this paper you will write down your username (and first name if you want to as well), date the box was delivered, what you took from the box, what you added to the box, (pictures of what you put in the box will be posted on the new forum post once I transfer the rules over to it). You will sign your username (and first name if comfortable).

2a. Let’s be fair to fellow sages by keeping the value as close as possible when you take and give. Yes this is a fun box but let’s not take $100 worth of stuff and only give $10 back (crazy to think this box will be worth that much but can not wait to see!) I may have a vote on if I need to have an imposed limit on amount of items that are taken out of the box.

3. Once you get the box you will post in the thread that you received it.

3a. You will pm the next person on the list with a tracking number ( also don’t put your personal address in the main thread, that is in pm as well). You will also pm me the tracking number.

3b. Once you send out the box post in the thread “SENT”.

This is a work in progress.

Pm me if you have any suggestions to changes for what I’ve written as well as if anything needs to be added. Don’t be shy with what you suggest. Just don’t hurt my feelings Lol

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I feel like it's gonna be hard to verify people you don't recognize with NA in the state that it is. 

I'm happy to personally vouch for @KokiriChild

Thanks bud 🙂

Yeah, I am personally one who had almost all of their relevant transaction history on NA. I'm sure quite a few others are in a similar boat.

Edited by KokiriChild