IGNORED

Anyone else want to join me with doing a box that goes round to everyone?

Mae247

2 minutes ago, Mae247 said:

Agreed, more details to come and rules of course. Would like more than myself as moderator so no one thinks I’m being unfair.

I agree with being fair, however, if it's a circular series of mail-offs, you don't have to worry about giving up stuff and never getting it, plus after it's passed through 10-20 hands, you have noe clue what you will end up with.

If you want to manage this, it's up to you, but my vote would be that you can seed the giving and enjoy what you end up with.  It will likely, definitely be a mystery.

1 hour ago, RH said:

I agree with being fair, however, if it's a circular series of mail-offs, you don't have to worry about giving up stuff and never getting it, plus after it's passed through 10-20 hands, you have noe clue what you will end up with.

If you want to manage this, it's up to you, but my vote would be that you can seed the giving and enjoy what you end up with.  It will likely, definitely be a mystery.

I’m fine with maintaining it on my own. Just doing what I know worked before. To begin with I may do as mentioned previously and have a smaller group so we are able to work out the kinks.

2 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

For the inaugural box, we could all send donations to Mae to  get it going.  Seems only fair to share the burden of funding a large flat rate box.

I’m completely fine with this kind of way to start off. I don’t want anyone to think I’m trying to take advantage. Only reason I didn’t mention this.

Just an FYI for everyone interested in this. I will create a whole separate thread when we work out all details and rules. The more people I have interested the faster we can get this train rolling on.

another suggestion that I love that someone mentioned before is have a list in the box. You would put your name or screen name from here on the list. You would list what you took and list what you added. Just food for thought honestly.

thank you all for the responses so far. Makes me want to fall in love with this again.

Edited by Mae247
  • Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Sounds neat. How did it work back in the day? It feels like adding too many rules makes it less fun, but also I'd be afraid of doing it "wrong" or something, and disappointing somebody. Common with mystery box auctions is a declaration of the GVN or VGPC value of the contents. Maybe each recipient can trade out as much stuff as they want, as long as they maintain a baseline GVN value? Or maybe average value per item or something.

I can definitely contribute some seed items if needed.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Splain said:

Sounds neat. How did it work back in the day? It feels like adding too many rules makes it less fun, but also I'd be afraid of doing it "wrong" or something, and disappointing somebody. Common with mystery box auctions is a declaration of the GVN or VGPC value of the contents. Maybe each recipient can trade out as much stuff as they want, as long as they maintain a baseline GVN value? Or maybe average value per item or something.

I can definitely contribute some seed items if needed.

I agree with you on both points! Just enough guidelines to keep the box moving and fair.

17 hours ago, Mae247 said:

We traded on NA a few times I believe. Your welcome to climb on board.

Woohoo!

Just spitballing here but perhaps we could make a thread and each person who sends it reveals who will get it next and what is going to be in there with a pic. And the next person takes a pic of what they took and what they replaced. Just a thought. That way it adds a level of accountability and a way for people to follow along as the thread gets bumped. 

43 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Woohoo!

Just spitballing here but perhaps we could make a thread and each person who sends it reveals who will get it next and what is going to be in there with a pic. And the next person takes a pic of what they took and what they replaced. Just a thought. That way it adds a level of accountability and a way for people to follow along as the thread gets bumped. 

I kinda mentioned this before but it was on paper. I like the fact of doing both. I would determine the order of where it is sent randomly to keep things random. I want this box to be a staple here honestly if everyone allows it.