Jump to content
IGNORED

Sexy tweet to GoCollect


Shane7951
 Share

Recommended Posts

Member · Posted
55 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Are we not over talking about Nintendo age yet? Asking for a friend.

Though I hear what you are trying to say/encourage, I still feel jilted and I only joined the community in 2016.  It's not so easy to get over what they did to that place, when you hung out there for over 10 years.  I mean, I get it.  It sucks, but what can we do, so move on.  Good advice but a forum is also like any other place you go to, to hang out with your friends.  If someone bought such a place, and in a year said "our last day is next month" and then proceeded to demo the whole place down, it'd be tough to get over in a matter of months.  Sames true with NA.

May it rest in peace, and I'm trying to move on.  Still, it's a raw topic and I think OP is mourning how he personally mourns. Looks to me like he's in the anger stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
28 minutes ago, RH said:

Though I hear what you are trying to say/encourage, I still feel jilted and I only joined the community in 2016.  It's not so easy to get over what they did to that place, when you hung out there for over 10 years.  I mean, I get it.  It sucks, but what can we do, so move on.  Good advice but a forum is also like any other place you go to, to hang out with your friends.  If someone bought such a place, and in a year said "our last day is next month" and then proceeded to demo the whole place down, it'd be tough to get over in a matter of months.  Sames true with NA.

May it rest in peace, and I'm trying to move on.  Still, it's a raw topic and I think OP is mourning how he personally mourns. Looks to me like he's in the anger stage.

I was a member on NA since 2010 and I put a lot of time and effort, particularly in recent years as a mod, to trying to work on things and help to foster a positive community.  I dealt with the frustrating exchange first-hand along with the other staff and many others.  And yes, there were many frustrations and disappointments.

HOWEVER.  I "got over" the NA exchange issue long ago and I encourage others to as well.  The tweet, while entertaining perhaps, is unnecessarily crass, and hating on GoCollect all over the internetz does nothing constructive.  I hope to see that energy channeled into positive engagement here on VGS.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I was a member on NA since 2010 and I put a lot of time and effort, particularly in recent years as a mod, to trying to work on things and help to foster a positive community.  I dealt with the frustrating exchange first-hand along with the other staff and many others.  And yes, there were many frustrations and disappointments.

HOWEVER.  I "got over" the NA exchange issue long ago and I encourage others to as well.  The tweet, while entertaining perhaps, is unnecessarily crass, and hating on GoCollect all over the internetz does nothing constructive.  I hope to see that energy channeled into positive engagement here on VGS.

Used NA since 2008 and I plan to take every opportunity to tell GoCollect_Jim to fuck himself until the heat death of the universe

I literally just found out lmao

Edited by Phins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Phins said:

Used NA since 2008 and I plan to take every opportunity to tell GoCollect_Jim to fuck himself until the heat death of the universe

To be clear, Jim is just the messenger. He's the head of PR for GoCollect. 

In fact I'd say Jim's actually a pretty good guy, I worked with him while I was doing work for GoCollect and everyone I worked with was good people. 

Where things fell apart for me personally was really just the direction they want to take video games. It became pretty clear that it was really just a business, and I'm not interested in treating gaming that way.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I must be the only one but I could not CARE LESS about what happens.  I think its funny but I can't get wrapped up in this nonsense.  Im glad this is here and thats that.

good for you not caring about people burning down your things but there has to be people to fight back against this kind of thing, even anemically, otherwise we're going to keep having stuff like this happening, we're going to keep having companies like Yahoo destroying entire ecosystems like Geocities, things people poured significant parts of their lives into, burned to ash time and time again, our history robbed from us, our books burned

You may not feel this way because it's all recent history and you're like a gen Xer or something but the tales we forge online and the information we share IS history as its being made and we have a social responsibility to meet this sort of thing with extreme vehemency, extreme loathing, extreme disgust, to at the very least discourage it

I've always felt this way and I'm never going to stop feeling this way

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

To be clear, Jim is just the messenger. He's the head of PR for GoCollect. 

In fact I'd say Jim's actually a pretty good guy, I worked with him while I was doing work for GoCollect and everyone I worked with was good people. 

Where things fell apart for me personally was really just the direction they want to take video games. It became pretty clear that it was really just a business, and I'm not interested in treating gaming that way.

If he's the head of PR he should be fired because he's terrible at his job

I hope the messenger decides to carry the scroll back to his bosses

Edited by Phins
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doing this sort of thing is antithetical to being a "good person"

You mean everyone you worked with was good at putting on the appearances of a good person, of being "nice", which is entirely self-serving, instead of being kind, which is altruistic and empathetic

This is a no empathy move and anybody lacking that level of empathy is by definition not good people, not now, not ever

Edited by Phins
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, empire said:

It is pretty hilarious those messages have been up all day and no one from the site has intervened.

I doubt they care anymore. It's been over a month and the only thing they did was change the default font color from gray to black. Even dra600n bailed when he saw there wasn't going to be any change.

GoCollect got what they needed out of NA. They don't have any incentive to keep a forum alive.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted

There are different ways of fighting Phins. 

The staff and others over at NA, tried very hard to prevent this from happening and trust me, we tried everything.  After realizing it wasn't going to happen, rather than just sitting around and taking it, we put a lot of time and energy into creating VGS, giving people a place to go and continue the community, maintaining some continuity.  We could have just gone to GC and complained, hopelessly harassing them for change, but it would literally accomplish nothing.  Instead, we put that effort into VGS. 

It's ok to be disappointed, and even frustrated and angry, but harboring anger like empire said, or going around saying hateful and disgusting things, is not going to accomplish much.  As I said before, I just encourage people to continue hanging out with friends here and making new ones, and let's make VGS the best it can be.

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...