IGNORED

Sexy tweet to GoCollect

54 minutes ago, dra600n said:

dra600n bailed when NA got bought out after like 2 weeks.

I had a kid so forums weren't exactly a priority for me.

Also, necro bump 🙂

Hey, good to see you again. 🙂

You actually lasted longer than many.  A lot of people bailed when they saw the circa 1997 forurm software they put in place.

Even when VGS was up and running, I'd lurk over there just to watch the shit show until they finally flushed it. It was on its way to becoming an offshoot of 8chan.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Hey, good to see you again. 🙂

You actually lasted longer than many.  A lot of people bailed when they saw the circa 1997 forurm software they put in place.

Even when VGS was up and running, I'd lurk over there just to watch the shit show until they finally flushed it. It was on its way to becoming an offshoot of 8chan.

I checked back there a short while later, and saw a bunch of homophobic and transphobic things posted and I was like "yep, this place is 100% trash now". I actually forgot about that place until the other day when a buddy and I were talking about the "good ol' days of collecting".

• Sad 1

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, dra600n said:

I checked back there a short while later, and saw a bunch of homophobic and transphobic things posted and I was like "yep, this place is 100% trash now". I actually forgot about that place until the other day when a buddy and I were talking about the "good ol' days of collecting".

Indeed, there was serious shitposting all over the place at some point. But nothing was more hilarious than watching the paid mods acting like they care and were looking to improve the place, LMAO!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, guillavoie said:

Indeed, there was serious shitposting all over the place at some point. But nothing was more hilarious than watching the paid mods acting like they care and were looking to improve the place, LMAO!

It's sad when Reddit is a better option than a dedicated forum

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Murray said:

What are you guys talking about? Nintendo age is still kickin’

https://www.nintendoage.net/

A76E5994-BCAA-4A3C-B844-738577381264.jpeg

For the sake of nostalgia, here's a link to the original NA thread archived : https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageviewe50a.html?StartRow=1&catid=9&threadid=9172

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Events Team · Posted
4 hours ago, dra600n said:

Oh god that Joel thread lmfao

Didn't someone find him on facebook and try to get him to come back a few times?

I know there have been attempts at finding him on facebook, but I don't remember if someone really got in touch with him. I'm pretty sure he never came back to his welcome thread though, lol!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, guillavoie said:

I don't think I understand this completely. Were people massively shitposting because the OP looked like a homosexual or something?? What a great way to spend the rest of your evening

11 hours ago, dra600n said:

Oh god that Joel thread lmfao

Didn't someone find him on facebook and try to get him to come back a few times?

He did show back up at one point, but it was only to spam some skateboard related kickstarter he had going.  It wasn't very exciting. 

On 11/2/2023 at 4:19 AM, BlackVega said:

I don't think I understand this completely. Were people massively shitposting because the OP looked like a homosexual or something?? What a great way to spend the rest of your evening

I don’t think it had anything to do with the op… It was just a random thread that took on a life of its own as people got carried away with shitposting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 10:00 PM, G-type said:

I don’t think it had anything to do with the op… It was just a random thread that took on a life of its own as people got carried away with shitposting.

Possibly yes people just decided to pick up this random thread for just some random shitposting to have some good fun but I read some of that and some people came to post messages that were literally just "hey fuck you joel" which I would say is......... not very nice

2 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Possibly yes people just decided to pick up this random thread for just some random shitposting to have some good fun but I read some of that and some people came to post messages that were literally just "hey fuck you joel" which I would say is......... not very nice

At a certain point Joel was long gone and that thread was more like a shrine to NA’s in-jokes.  If you go through there you’ll also see instances of people sacrificing their “insert milestone # post” to the Joel thread.

4 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Wait until you find out out about Purple Gannon.

Edited by Link
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1