IGNORED

Favorite Find 2023

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

Thrift store findimage.png.1cb45af2834203f854a4e6f56ccd762a.png

Spider is exactly the kind of game I'd buy just to have so I can hand it to people and go "look at this crazy ass shit, that spider has a shotgun and a knife, he'll fuck you up" and this is why I have a huge backlog.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This Bio-Hazard Battle rental was my favorite, as I didn't even know it exists and it wasn't even on sites/threads I know that collect that information. Never seen a red rental case for MD before this and never seen that kind of inner foam for MD rental before this, but who would fake this game out of all games. Other rentals are still being found, so it's not out of the question that it's a legitimate rental but I can't give its legitimacy 100% guarantee anyway:

RC9Dn6n.jpg

qtv9aZn.jpg

VcYFnTr.jpg

• Like 6

A couple of impressive little games I discovered on PC this year were Mini Ghost and Dark Void Zero.  Apparently Mini Ghost was a de-make of a re-made MSX game called simply Ghost.  Anyway, it was on multiple classic platforms, but I didn't hear about it until it made its way into my Steam library.  A nice little metroid-y game to enjoy.  Dark Void Zero is like a "what if" Capcom game.  I think it was on the DS, but I also found it in my Steam library and enjoyed my time with it quite a bit.  I played a lot of these small-install, low-commitment games this year, so I might think of others.

Edited by wongojack
  • Like 2

My favorite find was from a yard sale: a boxed light gun rifle for the original Odyssey, the first commercial light gun for home use, I think. Pictures are in the standard finds thread so I won't repeat them here.

So many good finds that others had made me jealous.  Don't think I could pick just one.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nrslam said:

My favorite find was from a yard sale: a boxed light gun rifle for the original Odyssey, the first commercial light gun for home use, I think. Pictures are in the standard finds thread so I won't repeat them here.

So many good finds that others had made me jealous.  Don't think I could pick just one.

Just FYI that you can attach any picture you've uploaded to this forum to any message.  Just click on "Other Media" and "insert an existing attachment."

Graphics Team · Posted

I can't really call any of my 2023 additions "finds", since I only do specific eBay hunting these days.

But I DID "find" a manual for Taz [Atari 2600] in my stack of overflow catalogues and stuff - and that's a game I'm hoping to pick up one of these days, so now I'm halfway there haha!

[T-Pac]

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted
On 1/6/2024 at 7:13 PM, T-Pac said:

I can't really call any of my 2023 additions "finds", since I only do specific eBay hunting these days.

But I DID "find" a manual for Taz [Atari 2600] in my stack of overflow catalogues and stuff - and that's a game I'm hoping to pick up one of these days, so now I'm halfway there haha!

[T-Pac]

Taz is a blast.  Great game!

• Like 2

@RegularGuyGamer heck yaaaaa!! definitely a killer price for that lovely gooooooooold!!

My favorite find last year was an nes classic mini at the thrift store for 5$ with 2 controllers - was missing the official power cord, but found it in the 1$ cords section the next day!! The kind of thrift find you get so very rarely, something you actually wanted but didn't want to pay full retail.

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
14 hours ago, RH said:

Honestly I didn’t think I had anything worth mentioning but after further thought, I did get this pair of Game Factory carts from a seller.  $300 for the pair.

IMG_0898.JPG.8a66374ca69087a7940307b24af8bc7e.JPG

Sick - do either of them have a game loaded?

[T-Pac]

1 minute ago, T-Pac said:

Sick - do either of them have a game loaded?

[T-Pac]

No, they don't.  I track everyone one of these I spot, and I'll even contact sellers of newly discovered carts to get details on the ones they are selling.  I add all of those details to a public spreadsheet I share and from time to time I necro-bump a thread I run giving updates on new details.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've found a new one with a game.  The data in RAM is saved by battery, so we all know it's a matter of time before they are all blank.

As an aside, I don't own one but I'd really like to find one with The Jungle Book on it.  Most of those that are found have a specific ROM to this test market and it actually says something like "Blockbuster v.1.1" on the front screen of the game.  I'm not sure if that ROM has been dumped but if I can ever find one when I have the cash to pick it up, I'll be dumping it for sure.

But, we all know time is ticking for these games that require battery back-ups.  Fewer and fewer will be found with games as  time goes by.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2

For me, it was probably the original box art painting for Crazy Taxi for the Sega Dreamcast. It finally came to fruition in 2023 after chasing it for more than 3 years. Its a nice, big impressive painting for an memorable game, and one of a very small number of Dreamcast pieces that would have actually had painted art. By ~1995 everything was already transitioning to digital!

vEp9i2n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 2

Sucks that I gotta follow the Crazy Taxi original art guy but here’s what I got lol

I’d been looking for this banner for years. I found a couple during that time but the nice ones were too expensive, and the affordable ones were too ugly.

Finally found my Goldilocks. The reverse is just as nice as the front. That is to say, not perfect but display worthy. I feel I got a good deal on it.

IMG_6562.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, attakid101 said:

Sucks that I gotta follow the Crazy Taxi original art guy but here’s what I got lol

I’d been looking for this banner for years. I found a couple during that time but the nice ones were too expensive, and the affordable ones were too ugly.

Finally found my Goldilocks. The reverse is just as nice as the front. That is to say, not perfect but display worthy. I feel I got a good deal on it.

IMG_6562.jpeg

Damn, that hits me right in the nostalgia. What are the dimensions?

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, DarkKobold said:

5tT9xiV.png

So, my favorite "find" of 2023 was obviously REBEL for Super A'can, but I paid 1.5 years of bento boxes for that, so it wasn't that much of a  "find."  This, however, was my best score of 2023. No manual, but a $3000 piece of cardboard for $275 ain't bad. 

Man, the things that can slip by, eh?