IGNORED

Favorite addition to your collection in 2022

What was the best / favorite addition to your collection this year? 

This year was a total strike out game-wise for yard sales and local pick ups in general for me but I did get some really great pick ups on eBay. My favorite has to be Return of the Joker. I had been hunting this badboy for several years, waiting for it to be in my price range (sry, am cheap) and I finally got a best offer accepted!

PXL_20221126_012322544.jpg.8d18b5522ea98efaa7cbd262864eaf12.jpg

(Picture from the pick up thread)

For one, I'm a huge Batman fan and this was a game I just didn't want to settle for cart only, I at least wanted CB. And for as much praise as the game gets, I think it still hits with the heaviest of all NES titles. On top of that, I love the box art. So yeah 

So what's yours?

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Not sure. I bought a lot of gaming goods this year, and it's too difficult to really pick just one item that's my favorite.

image.jpeg.f07cf392aed6f8d8787518e3c5e3a277.jpeg

image.jpeg.03a16c99e58bde0e91ad9da3265c232a.jpeg

image.jpeg.8eea0bbb9bd76fd2d58d20bd30321636.jpeg

image.jpeg.3eecfe0b4e003c04eb6dbf6b4c7c17ec.jpeg

image.jpeg.a84f95f78491f39b0f83cd1375ffe2a8.jpeg

image.jpeg.69ac65c5c4cd6609c251288495741e7e.jpeg

image.jpeg.75610ab5318cb38db3010f0b3b6f0397.jpeg

image.jpeg.61f9df333f921b5d217c29576d8a69d3.jpeg

The special edition TMNT: Shredder's Revenge package from Signature Edition Games is cool. Hadn't bought a Collector's Edition since buying Bubble Bobble 4 Friends in 2019/2020. The Ms. Pac-Man Plug and Play not only looks cool and has a decent selection of games, but it also allows you to play Pole Position by twisting the top of the joystick. The Super Mario Bros. 3 bootleg is one I found out about on an NES site twenty or so years ago. A friend informed me that he got it (along with a bunch of other NES games) and decided to give it to me for free. The Splinter Cell game is one of the games for the GameCube that was re-released as a Player's Choice title in Europe only. The Pong Console was a local purchase and was an unexpected find (I was also surprised it came with its box, since I usually find Pong Consoles loose). The Mega Man painting was given to me for Christmas.

I can't decide which of these is my favorite, but these are the highlights.

Edit: Here we go again with people pretending, for no good reasons, that I don't exist.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Ahhhh Gowin, no more need to be said.  I've hoped to come across a game or two of theirs, I mean I could get into a clown fight on ebay but I refuse to. 🙂

If you're comfortable with Taobao agents then you can get original copies of Prince Rainbow for 30 RMB a piece on Xianyu, but it will only work on monochrome machines. I remember seeing a seller on eBay trying to resell those for $100 which is very high for that game

2022 favorites, hmm. I'm not really sure, I feel like I've been so busy last year that I don't even remember what I got.

My favorite I guess would be the first volume of Family Bits. It felt so surreal seeing it finally in print after one hundred different cancellations, etc. 

Might seem silly but Sonic Heroes for the PS2. Been looking for a nice CIB black label copy all year. Two others popped up on the New Zealand alternative to eBay, but weren't quite right so passed on them. Managed to get a really nice one mid December for less than half of what the last one went for. Not rare by any stretch of the imagination, but my favourite addition because being patient worked out well. 

• Like 1

image.jpeg.ae99a3d0aecf4488e69001137063ca93.jpeg

Paid going rate for this, but I was really happy to add it back into my small CIB collection of nostalgia-heavy titles.

oh.... edited to also say... Baseball Stars (NES) cart... loved that game as a kid and was happy to find a nice copy in the wild for $8. 

Edited by portabello
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Events Team · Posted
13 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

I've wanted a custom multi-cade for nearly a decade, and this year I finally got one.

There's still a few modifications I want to make so I can hook up additional, external consoles to the monitor - but I still love it as-is.

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.88b7b84f09da6638e0bc34f2ebd4bb2b.jpeg

Need to put some spinners on that bad boy!

Administrator · Posted
15 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

I've wanted a custom multi-cade for nearly a decade, and this year I finally got one.

There's still a few modifications I want to make so I can hook up additional, external consoles to the monitor - but I still love it as-is.

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.88b7b84f09da6638e0bc34f2ebd4bb2b.jpeg

Blade Buster let's gooooooooooo.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1