IGNORED

VGS Cooking Club: The Grilled Cheese (Nov. 2023)

Gloves

@Link in that obnoxiously long post: you really put cheetos and chips into toasts??? Never heard of this idea and I have no idea if this is good or "healthy". Anyway I cannot eat too much cheese due to dietary reasons but I will make an exception. I will put some small amount of cheese and other ingredients on some toast sandwiches for breakfast and definitely post my results here

***Hey, what are the rules? Is game genie, save states or supermarket pre-rendered meals allowed?

5 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

@Link in that obnoxiously long post: you really put cheetos and chips into toasts??? Never heard of this idea and I have no idea if this is good or "healthy". Anyway I cannot eat too much cheese due to dietary reasons but I will make an exception. I will put some small amount of cheese and other ingredients on some toast sandwiches for breakfast and definitely post my results here

***Hey, what are the rules? Is game genie, save states or supermarket pre-rendered meals allowed?

Where are you from? Around here in the US, chips in sandwiches has been a thing since I was a kid. There's even some sandwiches that require Potato Stix. Even KFC made a sandwich with Cheetos. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/01/31/kfcs-cheetos-sandwich-sounds-fun-but-its-available-only-3-states/2730188002/

If you have any concerns if something is healthy or not for you, consult with your doctor.

2 hours ago, BlackVega said:

@Link in that obnoxiously long post: you really put cheetos and chips into toasts???

Pics and it fucking happened, dude

2 hours ago, BlackVega said:

I have no idea if this is good or "healthy". Anyway I cannot eat too much cheese due to dietary reasons but I will make an exception.

One that I left out of my obnoxious post (yes, there are more) was a feta-style vegan cheese. It was super melty and creamy. Very tasty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Link said:

One that I left out of my obnoxious post (yes, there are more) was a feta-style vegan cheese. It was super melty and creamy. Very tasty. 

I work at a small grocery store that has a ton of different vegan cheeses. I’ll snap a pic when I get there today. I think I’m gonna try to make one with the fake cheese as well as one with real cheese this month.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted

Your post wasn't obnoxious at all, I thought it was cool. @Link

I'll have to experiment with this a bit - I'll be using vegan cheese.  I'm curious - what brand was the vegan feta cheese you used?  A lot of the vegan cheeses don't really melt super well.  

I've seen 'Follow your Heart' brand and also Violife Feta.  I'm not sure what others are out there / available.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Link said:

The only obnoxious thing was slandering the good name of Aldi.  How dare you sir. How dare you.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I'm curious - what brand was the vegan feta cheese you used? A lot of the vegan cheeses don't really melt super well.  

Oh wow, that’s crazy. Real feta doesn’t melt either; and this stuff didn’t taste like feta at all but I could see how they were imitating the texture. It was Violife. 

@BlackVega Vegan • Lactose-Free • Dairy-Free • Kosher • Soy-Free

IMG_4430.jpeg

Administrator · Posted

Do people feel like I'm violating the "grilled cheese" concept if I add other things like veggies in there?  I feel like I need to add something in there like kale, spinach, veggies, something hah.  At some point it crosses into a "sandwich" or panini versus grilled cheese, so I'll try to think of a way to make it more like a grilled cheese hah.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Do people feel like I'm violating the "grilled cheese" concept if I add other things like veggies in there?  I feel like I need to add something in there like kale, spinach, veggies, something hah.  At some point it crosses into a "sandwich" or panini versus grilled cheese, so I'll try to think of a way to make it more like a grilled cheese hah.

Like I said earlier. This isn’t r/grilledcheese you can put wherever you want on it!

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

The only obnoxious thing was slandering the good name of Aldi.  How dare you sir. How dare you.

Haha, absolutely not, Aldi is great. But when you call me poor for eating saltines, I’m gonna say “yeah mofo and I paid $1.09 for ‘em, not no ripoff $5” 😂 

Administrator · Posted
33 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Could always make the sandwich and have a side salad if you want to stick closer to the traditional rendition, but nobody should be judging anybody's creations in here. This is about cooking inclusivity and sharing, not judging. Nobody should ever (unironically) tell someone that their submission doesn't fit as long as it's something resembling an attempt at the theme. If we say "grilled cheese" and you post a pizza, maybe expect people to look at you side-eyed, but like... it's kinda whatever.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, spacepup said:

No, this is illegal. Cops are gonna come and arrest you

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I can make a vegetable lasagna if I want and no one will arrest me.

My wife made ome sometime ago, it was all veggies. Not bad!

I'll eat vegetarian meals everynow and then. It's not bad, it just doesn't do it for me in the long run. There are some interesting vegetarian resraurants I go to. I like comparing what the real stuff is like vs the vegetarian flavor.

Events Helper · Posted
5 hours ago, BlackVega said:

I think i have heard the term of "midwest lettuce" thrown around before 🤣