• Eggs
    • Poutine
    • Chili
    • Bacon
    • Sushi
    • Seafood
    • Mushrooms
    • Stuff Inside Other Stuff
    • On the Grill (maybe save this for grilling weather...)
    • Soup/Stew
    • Sauce
    • Big Kahuna Burger (Make something based on a recognizable fictitious food)

• 2 weeks later...
Events Helper · Posted

If anyone is interested, I made this with Chicken Breast, mixed veggies canned, my wife suggested cream of chicken via campbell's, and then a pie crust over the top........

Sylvester Stallone Baseball Cap GIF by Warner Archive

And bake after you get it all mixed, i wanted to use country gravy mix as the liquid, but she insisted, and it was still delicious regardless 🙂 

• Like 1

Well, dang it, I thought I had pictures of this, but I can't find them. Or another piece in the freezer, I don't. Not surprising, since this was better. 

I made my shepherd's pie at the same time I did the meat loaf. So here is a picture of the last slice of meat loaf. Picture it with peas and carrots and corn mixed in, different seasoning, and topped with mashed potato like frosting. Then I put the whole pan in the toaster over to give the potato a little bit of crisp and browning. This would be a cake slice of that.

IMG_7113.jpeg.d83a61413a21bdc11d1ac0ba6c2ccdbd.jpeg

https://www.thewholesomedish.com/the-best-classic-shepherds-pie/

It was a cottage pie, since I used beef rather than lamb. I was doing meat loaf at the same time. Red meat is not a staple for me and there's a lot of other stuff too, like celery.

And imo you (I) can barely tell the difference between ground beef and ground lamb, especially with all the seasoning. (I do make sure to get lamb for kefta.) Anyway: This was very good.

These are both surprisingly moist. Meat loaf at home growing up was dry and I thought that's just what it was like. But this is still juicy after baking the meat, then going in the toaster. Still juicy out of the freezer and microwaved for 1:30. It's the broth.

I don't have much occasion to eat a hunk of meat, unless it's on a bun with cheese and LTO, (and yes, there are meat loaf sandwiches, so that might get me to repeat this) ...but if you want to make meat loaf or shepherd's pie I recommend the above recipe. 

This is apparently the meat loaf recipe I used, I don't remember making that mix at all, lol.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/219171/classic-meatloaf/

Edited by Link