IGNORED

VGS Cooking Club: The Grilled Cheese (Nov. 2023)

Gloves

Events Helper · Posted

@Reed Rothchild you stole my idea, lol, but here goes.......

Ingredients:

Pepperidge-Farm-Farmhouse-Sourdough-Bread-24-oz-Loaf_c8c23134-43ab-4ce5-b600-2b53ce0ca658.1e6f1d50e7fdd5ab5118f5dacea563ab.jpeg?odnHeight=640&odnWidth=640&odnBg=FFFFFFLand-O-Lakes-Garlic-and-Herb-Butter-Spread-6-5-oz-Tub_243a9d92-d8af-45bb-b6de-dbc5c65c1dd3.4d2b65181fcbcf0a224d444b6302a67a.png?odnHeight=640&odnWidth=640&odnBg=FFFFFF

Great-Value-Deli-Style-Sliced-Pepper-Jack-Cheese-8-oz-12-Slices-resealable-plastic-packaging_7c2cd8b0-779b-4805-8ca4-f526308eec9d.f90783dd52e768b34ea33eb2b2876a9a.jpeg?odnHeight=640&odnWidth=640&odnBg=FFFFFF

Wanted Sargento cheese slices, but they only had a 24 pack and i won't finish that prior to it going bad......

So, final product images (keep in mind i don't take pictures very well lol):

MvDnVhh.jpg                0uShPfA.jpg 

aVfzEXu.jpg               jBhtxOv.jpg

k3Zjbw2.jpg

I made 2 of them, kuz im a fatty at heart, and kinda in person lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Bit of juxtaposition today, I baked a loaf of white bread, then made air fried grilled cheese with sliced cheese lol. 

IMG_20231111_190248.jpg

IMG_20231111_190403.jpg

ketchup?  just sliced cheddar?

Just so happens my wife picked up some deli ham, i know what im having tomorrow afternoon with my chicken salad 🤣

With a few lingering positive sentiments for the older films I must say that I despise Disney.  Be that as it may this is a fine opportunity to point out that much of the time but not always, an evil thing may contain some juicy nugget of goodness somewhere within it.  Hence I present:

¡THE DISNEY GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH!  (with minor alterations)

I've never made this before but, I wanna say it was a couple of years ago already I happened onto someone online talking about how much people love the grilled cheese at Disney World and that Disney had just released their recipe to the public so I watched a yt tutorial and saved some screenshots.

So thank you @Link for the great suggestion.  This is a perfect lead-off week food because it's so simple anybody can do it and yet the possibilities are endless.  And it got me to finally go ahead and go to the trouble of making this FILTHY-DELICIOUS sandwich.

So, you take your bread and put two pieces of different cheese on each side.  They use provolone and cheddar but I didn't have any cheddar slices so I used Muenster and Asiago and cut them to fit the bread.

Then you take a mixture of Cream Cheese, Shredded Cheddar, Heavy Cream, Pinch of Course Sea Salt (optional: drizzle of honey)  and spread it so that it is in between the cheese slices.

Then you take a mixture of Mayo (I used Duke's), Shredded Garlic, and A Pinch of Sea Salt and spread it on the outside of both bread slices.

Grill/Fry on both sides.

One Bite Later was the best Grilled Cheese I've had.

I made two sandwiches and I only made a couple of small alterations:

I added a chopped/sautéed Thai Pepper to the first and a central ring of Avocado with an olive in the middle to the second which made flipping it more of a challenge.

The Avocado is something I typically do and I'd recommend/doubly recommend it for this grilled cheese in particular because the combo of usual sliced cheeses with cheese infused cream cheese makes for a really succulent texture and the Avocado texture all mixed in just sends it through the Flavor Stratosphere.

I also learned something: When it came time to Fry it up I added a half tablespoon of butter to a very small bit of bacon grease in the pan.  I think because of the mayo on both outer edges I had a bit more oil than necessary = the potential for splash alert awareness.  The next time I do this I don't think I'll grease the pan at all.

All I forgot was to include a home made pickle in the pics, cuz Grilled Cheese needs a Pickle.

Sand1 w:taipepper.png

Sand2 w:avo&olive.png

Edited by PII
  • Like 4
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

Alright breakfast time. So I used some small amount of Camembert style cheese, vegan ham, tomato and a boiled egg with some ketchup on the side. One toast is single sided and the other one double sided. I personally don't eat meat (only fish or seafood from time to time) so I made it my style so it is vegetarian/vegan compatible

DSC00907(Custom).JPG.b709343aa78e5f092c44bf622de32e5d.JPG

This is my take on this here but Link definitely body slammed this topic. MVP

• Like 7

Editorials Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Murray said:

Behold! The pride of Canada! Kraft Dinner grilled cheese! 🇨🇦56894062-FDDF-4E44-BF73-78044CBD5FF5.jpeg.476932534c8c6e16b8fcf30647b44b18.jpeg

with bacon, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, spicy pickle chips, tomato soup and lil Klondike bars for dessert. 😊

Even went out and got the basil garnish.  That's classy.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Murray said:

Behold! The pride of Canada! Kraft Dinner grilled cheese! 🇨🇦56894062-FDDF-4E44-BF73-78044CBD5FF5.jpeg.476932534c8c6e16b8fcf30647b44b18.jpeg

with bacon, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, spicy pickle chips, tomato soup and lil Klondike bars for dessert. 😊

Holy shit this photo looks like it was taken from a website promoting a restaurant. Very professional!!!

(.......or maybe you stole it)

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Murray said:

56894062-FDDF-4E44-BF73-78044CBD5FF5.jpeg.476932534c8c6e16b8fcf30647b44b18.jpeg

That really is a great pic.  The "electric" flamin' hot cheetos in between the soup and sandwich really bring it all together.  It's hard to look away!

...seriously, I could blather on about this photo for a while...  It's exceptional.

Edited by PII
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted

its-time-ufc.gif

Not a traditional grilled cheese, in fact not grilled at all!  But it was tasty and must share.  I was gonna do a grilled ham and cheese for lunch with soup/salad, but just had some chicken instead.  

bLcP89W.jpg       sTdZ8Zt.jpg

Ham & Cheese Sliders!  Hawaiian rolls were used, mozarella and deli ham from local Harvest Market.  Garlic butter on top!  

• Like 3
  • Wow! 3

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

its-time-ufc.gif

Not a traditional grilled cheese, in fact not grilled at all!  But it was tasty and must share.  I was gonna do a grilled ham and cheese for lunch with soup/salad, but just had some chicken instead.  

bLcP89W.jpg       sTdZ8Zt.jpg

Ham & Cheese Sliders!  Hawaiian rolls were used, mozarella and deli ham from local Harvest Market.  Garlic butter on top!  

Yo that looks tight af fr.

• Thanks 1

And the moment we've all been waiting for, let's see how an fcgamer grilled cheese looks.

Ingredients: enoki mushrooms, shredded seaweed, tea oil, wheat/rice bread, cheese (I used Gouda and Emmentaler), bread herbs and spices.

Served with Lays Seaweed Chips and Taiwan TTL Premium Black Beer (damn I love that shit but it's expensive).

Somewhere between grilling the enoki and the finished product, I forgot to take photos.

I might do a mushroomless variety in the next few days, as I still have ingredients. Normally I'd throw in some ham or chicken, but I felt meatless would be a better fit for this thread. 

IMG20231113171839.jpg

IMG20231113173504.jpg

IMG20231113173446.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted

To be honest, @fcgamer, with exception to the actual cheese part (I'd have to use some vegan alternative), yours actually looks the best to me and of all the options presented is the one I would want to eat most, just personally.

Many of them look really good though.  

I'll make some soon - won't be exciting or exotic but I'll figure something out.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

18 minutes ago, spacepup said:

To be honest, @fcgamer, with exception to the actual cheese part (I'd have to use some vegan alternative), yours actually looks the best to me and of all the options presented is the one I would want to eat most, just personally.

Many of them look really good though.  

I'll make some soon - won't be exciting or exotic but I'll figure something out.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

I bought some vegan cheese (Daiya provolone slices) to make a vegan sandwich. I tried a piece of if and I’ve gotta say it was terrible. 
Im gonna buy something different at work tonight. 
I plan on making 2 sandwiches for this. One vegan and one not so much. I am gonna keep it very simple though. 

• Haha 1