IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Spy Hunter

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If you edit the old one, it makes it easier on the scoreboard operator.

I thought editing your one score post was part of the rules? I mean, I’m going to keep doing it to assist Bea but if it’s required, I think it needs to be clear.  Still, is my assumption wrong?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RH said:

I thought editing your one score post was part of the rules? I mean, I’m going to keep doing it to assist Bea but if it’s required, I think it needs to be clear.  Still, is my assumption wrong?

It's in the rules section of the leaderboard thread. I don't think it's a requirement, but it's preferred to make it easier to add up the scores.

- If you are posting an updated score, please edit your initial post with the new photo and score. You can still create a separate new post as a bump to notify you edited your score if desired.  Editing your original post makes it much easier for the contest organizers to tally up the scores at the end of the week and also ensures that we don't make a mistake and credit you for the wrong score.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's in the rules section of the leaderboard thread. I don't think it's a requirement, but it's preferred to make it easier to add up the scores.

- If you are posting an updated score, please edit your initial post with the new photo and score. You can still create a separate new post as a bump to notify you edited your score if desired.  Editing your original post makes it much easier for the contest organizers to tally up the scores at the end of the week and also ensures that we don't make a mistake and credit you for the wrong score.

Edit original screen shot. Bump with brag

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, G-type said:

do you think its better to do the boat section or nah? It seems like its probably harder than the driving section,   

I am skipping it for this competition entirely.  In the arcade, it is great if you get there with special weapons because there are no civilians and you can just blow everything away - smoke is nice.  In this version though, I can barely stay alive.  I haven't messed with save states to actually try and practice that section - there's probably a trick.  I noticed in the video posted on the first page that the player mostly stays on the edge, even straddling the shore.  My guess is that even if you can survive, there are NOT many points to be had there.

On 9/16/2023 at 12:07 AM, PII said:

¡SUNDAY NIGHT I DINE ON BEARCAT SOUP!

I think I'm in 4th already, so I'll be lucky to finish in the top five this week. At least all I need to do is post a Yie Ar Kung Fu score to win the beat em up title. I just haven't had a chance to do anything this week.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug