BeaIank

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Is super spy hunter any good?

More weapons

More power ups

Ability to toggle weapons

Warning signs

Plane Mode

I accidentally read the manual and now my spy beak is wet.  Also, will def be popping in my Spy Hunter for ColecoVision sometime soon to see how it compares...

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Yeah, I haven't started either. I played way too much Yo Noid.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Same, played this for like a half hour on Sunday to see what it's like and that's it. 

Finished up Medal of Honor and now I'm playing GTA San Andreas. Need to just chillax for a bit and not worry about competition for at least a few days. 

It's official. We are old. 😂 I'll probably start Thursday so I can run it nonstop through the weekend. Yie Ar Kung Fu is next week, but I think all I have to do is post a score to win the beat em up championship.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's official. We are old. 😂 I'll probably start Thursday so I can run it nonstop through the weekend. Yie Ar Kung Fu is next week, but I think all I have to do is post a score to win the beat em up championship.

The pizza contest music from Yo Noid was getting stuck in my head today. That's how much I played it.

7 minutes ago, PII said:

Manual says that is what select is for, but I have yet to have that actually work...

It's weird that pushing A on controller two pauses the game, while the start button appears to do nothing. These controls are more confusing than Raiders of the Lost Ark for the Atari 2600.

1 minute ago, Richardhead said:

The letters O,S and M appear on the top right of the screen. When you have more than one you can switch weapons with select. If you blow up you lose all of your secondary weapons.

You might win the genre title by being the only person that can figure out the controls.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I have it and never played it passed a quick test just to see it working….

also why is twisted metal 2 now $60?

Yeah, I've been needing Twisted Metal 1-3 for a while.  When I can get some cash for fun, I need to just buy those three.  They were all classics of my childhood, they just got to be so expensive a couple years ago.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's weird that pushing A on controller two pauses the game, while the start button appears to do nothing. These controls are more confusing than Raiders of the Lost Ark for the Atari 2600.

According to the manual the Start button summons the weapons truck.  I've been pushing start as soon as I see a wide stretch but I don't know if that's required or not.

• Like 1

Just now, RH said:

Yeah, I've been needing Twisted Metal 1-3 for a while.  When I can get some cash for fun, I need to just buy those three.  They were all classics of my childhood, they just got to be so expensive a couple years ago.

According to the manual the Start button summons the weapons truck.  I've been pushing start as soon as I see a wide stretch but I don't know if that's required or not.

I thought it just showed up randomly. At least that's what it seems like.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought it just showed up randomly. At least that's what it seems like.

Well, it's always shown up for me shortly after a stretch when the road widens.  I see it every time, but I do hit the start button every time too.  I can experiment and NOT hit it to see what happens.

18 minutes ago, RH said:

Well, it's always shown up for me shortly after a stretch when the road widens.  I see it every time, but I do hit the start button every time too.  I can experiment and NOT hit it to see what happens.

I'm curious as well. I never thought the start button really did anything.

On 9/10/2023 at 12:45 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't think I can even legally enter Canada.

DWI I assume? I thought you may be able to solve that with an expungement if you ever wanted to check out the great white north, but it looks like even a dwi 1st is never expungeable in Ohio, (per a quick google search only, this is NOT legal advice).  Pretty harsh

Equally harsh is spy hunter. I played for 10 minutes last night and rage quit. I was angrier than a Jets fan

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1