IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Spy Hunter

BeaIank

5 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Thats a banger of a score yo!

Thanx!  This game's a lot more fun than I had previously thought based on having slotted it a couple of times for a couple of quick plays.  It strikes me that a lot the older games are like that, requiring a little more time and effort to realize just how good they are.  I'd love to crack 200K today or at least get close.  Not making any bets though...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PII said:

Thanx!  This game's a lot more fun than I had previously thought based on having slotted it a couple of times for a couple of quick plays.  It strikes me that a lot the older games are like that, requiring a little more time and effort to realize just how good they are.  I'd love to crack 200K today or at least get close.  Not making any bets though...

I could make a run at third, but I'm not sure I can even get close to that. 

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

You can get 150k! Go for it!

I’d have to sit down and play. I’m going through some stuff right now. Not really feeling like playing spy hunter.

I am also balls deep in this fucking werewolf game. 

I’m not playing in the finals, so I don’t see a point in wrecking my thumbs to beat you fools 😜

• Haha 1

Just now, Richardhead said:

I’d have to sit down and play. I’m going through some stuff right now. Not really feeling like playing spy hunter.

I am also balls deep in this fucking werewolf game. 

I’m not playing in the finals, so I don’t see a point in wrecking my thumbs to beat you fools 😜

I've been under the weather the last few days and the pupper has a stomach bug, so I haven't had any real time to play either.

Meh, more of a participation score. I actually had this game since I was a kid and I decided to give it another try but I still think it is so much meh. Extremely unpredictable and bland. Also on top of that I realized you CAN'T PAUSE in this game so I had to rush to take the pic very quick. Don't feel like playing it anymore because I hate this game

DSC00846(Custom).JPG.cf4239df772c39242c14e462cfcf324f.JPG

20 hours ago, PII said:

Congrats on the win and the arcade championship!

• Thanks 1

I think there was some late contest fatigue in the scores because we're so close to the end of the season. Or the top 5 probably would've all been over 100k.

I wanted to get over 100k but I kept dying to stupid mistakes whenever I was doing well. Like going too fast to get away from an enemy car and crashing even though I still had some oil or smoke screen.

Edited by mbd39

2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I think there was some late contest fatigue in the scores because we're so close to the end of the season. Or the top 5 probably would've all been over 100k.

I wanted to get over 100k but I kept dying to stupid mistakes whenever I was doing well. Like going too fast to get away from an enemy car and crashing even though I still had some oil or smoke screen.

It looks like there were 13 scores posted this week so that's pretty good for this late in the season.