IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

12 hours ago, wongojack said:

I saw the Bearcats were favored.  BYU has a big stadium and they turn up for games.  Plus, I still think they are one of the top teams in the conference.  Going to be a tough game to win on the road.

The Bearcats made too many mistakes. You can't give up three touchdowns on a pick six, a blown coverage, a dropped punt and expect to win. Hopefully they can get things together during the bye week before they play a home game against Iowa State. A win there would get them back to 3-3 with a favorable schedule the rest of the way. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
On 9/30/2023 at 7:49 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Bearcats made too many mistakes. You can't give up three touchdowns on a pick six, a blown coverage, a dropped punt and expect to win. Hopefully they can get things together during the bye week before they play a home game against Iowa State. A win there would get them back to 3-3 with a favorable schedule the rest of the way. 

I took the over; that was definitely the way to go for that game.

15 hours ago, Estil said:

My Cats have Georgia on their mind next week!  Can you imagine how'd be if we (5-0) could actually beat the #1 team in the country on their turf?

That's why college football is so awesome.  Cats look good too.  Georgia is vulnerable with all those slow starts . . .

9 hours ago, wongojack said:

That's why college football is so awesome.  Cats look good too.  Georgia is vulnerable with all those slow starts . . .

See, we've always been the SEC's Evil Empire in basketball (especially during the Rupp era; 1931-72) but we are very much the SEC's Chicago Cubs (pre-2016) in football.  Go Cats Go!  Go Cats Go!  Hey Kentucky, what'd'ya say?  The Cats are gonna win today! 🙂   So c'mon down to Commonwealth!

(I absolutely will NOT call it by its corporate name...it's called Commonwealth Stadium because it represents the flagship university of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Did you not watch the game? It most certainly is real. Eichenberg is filling in at center as Williams is injured.

I only saw the high…..lowlights. Int, sack, sack,sack last four drives. So the center failed his assignment. The qb did too.

ole punchy has gotten better but he can’t win the game, Manage it perhaps, if everything around him is perfect. Whoops your center missed a block? Don’t expect Tua to make up for that!

it’s basically like the stars align around him and set him up perfect he miiiiiiiight deliver.

has there ever been a qb that gets defended so adamantly? I don’t understand why people want to make every excuse in the world for the guy when he loses…..it’s never his fault somehow. Guy has the elite wr group, plenty capable rb’s and a genius head coach. loses the game, not his fault. Point to the defense, o-line but goodness me you can’t blame Tua.

Edited by docile tapeworm

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

I only saw the high…..lowlights. Int, sack, sack,sack last four drives. So the center failed his assignment. The qb did too.

ole punchy has gotten better but he can’t win the game, Manage it perhaps, if everything around him is perfect. Whoops your center missed a block? Don’t expect Tua to make up for that!

it’s basically like the stars align around him and set him up perfect he miiiiiiiight deliver.

has there ever been a qb that gets defended so adamantly? I don’t understand why people want to make every excuse in the world for the guy when he loses…..it’s never his fault somehow. Guy has the elite wr group, plenty capable rb’s and a genius head coach. loses the game, not his fault. Point to the defense, o-line but goodness me you can’t blame Tua.

Had you watched the game you would understand. He made some questionable throws, but overall it wasn't a terrible game.

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Aaron Rodgers?

• Like 1