IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

On 9/24/2023 at 1:58 PM, wongojack said:

Well, you can probably count Baylor as a win.  We haven't been this bad in a long time.  At least we had a pretty good crowd last night.

UC needs a win, but apparently ESPN thinks this game is so bad that it's only being shown on ESPN Plus and I'm definitely not paying to watch it.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hopefully the 49ers can figure out how to beat the Cleveland Elves that started their backup QB. The Bengals don't really need the 49ers to lose this and be extra ticked off when they play each other.

This is the worst game I’ve seen since the Bears game last year in the monsoon. Credit to the browns D though….legit

1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

This is the worst game I’ve seen since the Bears game last year in the monsoon. Credit to the browns D though….legit

They held the Bengals to 3 points in the opener. Burrow was still dealing with his calf injury, but the offense couldn't do anything in that game.

10 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

UC needs a win, but apparently ESPN thinks this game is so bad that it's only being shown on ESPN Plus and I'm definitely not paying to watch it.

I have no idea what is going to happen in that game, but I wouldn't rule out some embarrassing negative rushing yards performance from Baylor.  Barring something ridiculous like turning it over 4 times, you will win.

The games are usually just streamed on Youtube by some friendly fan in Vietnam or Russia.  Just search for Baylor v Cincinnati on Youtube after the game starts and I bet you will catch it.

Otherwise, the ESPN/Disney+ bundle is a pretty cheap add-on for Hulu.  Plus, with Hulu, you can sign up and immediately quit.  You'll pay a pro-rated amount until the 25th of the month.  If you quit right after you sign up, you'll never pay again and will be able to watch from the 21st (if you sign up on Saturday) until the 25th.  In the end, this will probably cost you less than $10.

And oh yeah . . . BROWNIES!

Edited by wongojack

22 hours ago, wongojack said:

I have no idea what is going to happen in that game, but I wouldn't rule out some embarrassing negative rushing yards performance from Baylor.  Barring something ridiculous like turning it over 4 times, you will win.

The Bearcats are only favored by 1 point at home, so I have a feeling that it's not going to be a very good game.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 6:52 PM, wongojack said:

The games are usually just streamed on Youtube by some friendly fan in Vietnam or Russia.  Just search for Baylor v Cincinnati on Youtube after the game starts and I bet you will catch it.

Otherwise, the ESPN/Disney+ bundle is a pretty cheap add-on for Hulu.  Plus, with Hulu, you can sign up and immediately quit.  You'll pay a pro-rated amount until the 25th of the month.  If you quit right after you sign up, you'll never pay again and will be able to watch from the 21st (if you sign up on Saturday) until the 25th.  In the end, this will probably cost you less than $10.

And oh yeah . . . BROWNIES!

This game has been just as bad as I thought it would be. Every week the Bearcats look like a team that's totally unprepared. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This game has been just as bad as I thought it would be. Every week the Bearcats look like a team that's totally unprepared. 

Baylor changed its offense completely and somehow won.  The difference was the fumble return on the kickoff.  Without that (or if UC can force its own turnover) then Baylor loses.

Might be the last game we win this season, or we could win 2 or 3 more.  I can't tell.

13 hours ago, wongojack said:

Baylor changed its offense completely and somehow won.  The difference was the fumble return on the kickoff.  Without that (or if UC can force its own turnover) then Baylor loses.

Might be the last game we win this season, or we could win 2 or 3 more.  I can't tell.

I don't know why Cincinnati continues to run a 6th year senior QB out there every week that can't do anything on offense. He should have been benched weeks ago to get someone experience for next year. It also didn't help that they hired a mediocre coach from Louisville that was supposedly on the verge of being fired last season. He has no energy at all and his postgame press conferences of "Aw shucks, we tried, but we lost again" are starting to get old quick. I can't remember a team that looked this bad since Tommy Tuberville took the job here to collect one more paycheck before he retired. It's embarrassing.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Miami has three games left.
Tonight, kc and buffalo. 
If they win those three I’ll feel good about them.

*Miami wins @Philly and @KC, but loses to the Bills and finishes 15-2*

Skinny: "This team sucks.  I hope we cut Tua and sign Mac Jones."

You're gonna be looking back at this era in 20 years and think "that was a fun time"

(I don't actually think Miami will go 15-2)

• Haha 1