IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I dunno man Bears have been better without him hopefully he doesn’t cancer up the culture the Dolphins have right now

Look, here's three reasons on why it's not a bad move.

A. It was basically a swap of late picks for a larger WR that the team needs.

2. Plenty of players have been connecting with wanting to come to the Dolphins, I doubt Claypool would screw it up

D. The Dolphins are trying to make moves to win and this isn't even Claypool being a lead receiver, he should be a WR3 which is low pressure and he can ease into learning the playbook.

Ross is showing the desire to spend money and that's always a good thing. I would prefer they get better lineman, but I think the Dolphins have a good team overall. With Tua showing he is more than capable of throwing the ball away quickly and looking much more comfortable in the pocket, as well as absorbing tackles much better than last year, I'm hopeful this is going to be a much better year.

As a side note, it was refreshing to see the White - Chosen TD vs the Broncos. Against PSII, so it wasn't like it was against a nobody. Deep throw for our QB? Check.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:00 PM, Estil said:

My Cats have Georgia on their mind next week!  Can you imagine how'd be if we (5-0) could actually beat the #1 team in the country on their turf?

I knew all along the odds were very very much against us but geez, couldn't we at least had put up a better fight? 😞 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Amazon Cincinnati GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Franchise record breaking game for Chase this week.  I know the Cardinals are not great but any game that get's the team back to playing like they should be is what matters to me.  Burrow has got to find his groove again.

The missed tackles and penalties on defense are a real problem. I can see not wanting to get the starters injured in preseason games, but sitting them has to have something to do with these slow starts every year.

On 10/9/2023 at 4:29 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

The missed tackles and penalties on defense are a real problem. I can see not wanting to get the starters injured in preseason games, but sitting them has to have something to do with these slow starts every year.

It feels like teams don't get back  on track until week 3 now. Weeks 1 and 2 are the preseason for those rested.

3 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

It feels like teams don't get back  on track until week 3 now. Weeks 1 and 2 are the preseason for those rested.

The Bengals only played one starter in the entire preseason and that was the right tackle who was switching over from the left side. They need to at least give the starters a few drives or maybe even a quarter in the first two preseason games so they quit going out there week 1 looking completely unprepared.