IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

Editorials Team · Posted

I can already tell Montana isn't that good.  Look forward to losing to Montana State by 40 again.  That's always fun...

On the bright side, All-American MSU quarterback Tommy Mellott is coming to our practice on Thurs to give the kids a pep talk.  I just won't mention how much sadness he personally causes me.

52 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I can already tell Montana isn't that good.  Look forward to losing to Montana State by 40 again.  That's always fun...

On the bright side, All-American MSU quarterback Tommy Mellott is coming to our practice on Thurs to give the kids a pep talk.  I just won't mention how much sadness he personally causes me.

I can finally see why you watch so many movies. Between the A's and FCS football, I wouldn't want to watch sports either.

Editorials Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I can finally see why you watch so many movies. Between the A's and FCS football, I wouldn't want to watch sports either.

I also retired from Fantasy Football.

Something had to give on my adult schedule, so sports were the first thing thrown under the bus.

5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I also retired from Fantasy Football.

Something had to give on my adult schedule, so sports were the first thing thrown under the bus.

Sports are like 90% of my TV viewing, but Spectrum cut off all of the ESPN channels over their contract dispute so I've barely watched TV over the past week outside of the Reds games.

16 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

@Reed Rothchild In honor of the Pitt/Cincy game this Saturday, it gives me a reason to post the greatest play in Bearcat football history. I met Tony Pike at a Twin Peaks once and we talked about this game. He's a cool guy and also extremely tall for a QB.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/1996-09-28-cincinnati.html

^^^I was at that game, and that had the single most brilliant defensive play I've ever seen in the third OT.

Miami was driving to score, and their guy was churning towards the end zone with a defender on him trying to stretch across the goal line.  One of the Cincy guys got down on all fours on the goal line in his way, and when the Miami guy tried to stretch across the goal line he bumped into him and lost the ball, game over!

40 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/1996-09-28-cincinnati.html

^^^I was at that game, and that had the single most brilliant defensive play I've ever seen in the third OT.

Miami was driving to score, and their guy was churning towards the end zone with a defender on him trying to stretch across the goal line.  One of the Cincy guys got down on all fours on the goal line in his way, and when the Miami guy tried to stretch across the goal line he bumped into him and lost the ball, game over!

I remember watching that on TV. I think that's the closest Miami has come to seriously winning since 2005 although there have been a few low scoring close games.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm waiting on the Dolphins crew @Mega Tank and @docile tapeworm to join in.

I drafted Tyreek and Skinny threw in the towel. Then I got Tua as my back up in the fantasy football league and @docile tapewormleft the draft room. I think he just lost his mind after that. Miami Dolphins Elvis GIF by Dolfans NYC

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Uh, Chiefs? What gives? Does Detroit actually have a legit team? Kelce out that big of a difference?

Of course as I'm writing this MVS has a nice catch and the Chiefs score shortly after. 

The Lions were actually pretty solid last year. Without Cincinnati Bearcats legend Travis Kelce, it's obvious that Patrick Mahomes is basically Andy Dalton.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1