IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Rosenfels?

I'd go with Cleo Lemon myself.

Ya I spelled his last name wrong. I think he took a wild helicopter hit one time.

Dude I always said that year “how are we supposed to win with a guy named lemon?! His name is f’n lemon!” 😂 I think they did win one game that year against Baltimore of all teams (who historically kicks are ass).

10 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

This is true, most fans would be stoked that their team is no longer a dumpster fire but if they are good for a couple seasons it becomes an expectation that your team will take the next step. I’ve been waiting for the niners to take that step since 2011-2012 so I feel skinny’s frustration 

9 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

The Niners have lost 4 NFC championships and 2 Super Bowls in that timeframe.  We've been teased with a title so many times and been so close.

The Dolphins have a long ways to go before they can have those sort of lost expectations 😅

Here’s the thing though the dolphins haven’t progressed/regressed in damn 20+ years. They have been floating around .500 give or take a few wins/losses for 25 freaking years! Every. Single. Damn. Year. Hey we’re not very good but we’re not the worst. Might make the playoffs, out the first round. I can’t anymore. I literally cant even care until they get into the second round.

30 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Can you be okay with 5-3? Just asking for the local team that needs the win this Sunday.

Well we got Kirk “the definition of average” Cousins dropping 450 yards and 0 sacks dropping back 45x on “the best defense in the nfl” without Justin Jefferson, so anything possible really at this point. Maybe you’ll get lucky and it’ll come down to a field goal for the 49ers lmao

God I sound like skinny. Plus we lost to the browns already so we done with losing to Skyline Chiliville

Edited by a3quit4s

16 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Well we got Kirk “the definition of average” Cousins dropping 450 yards and 0 sacks dropping back 45x on “the best defense in the nfl” without Justin Jefferson, so anything possible really at this point. Maybe you’ll get lucky and it’ll come down to a field goal for the 49ers lmao

God I sound like skinny. Plus we lost to the browns already so we done with losing to Skyline Chiliville

It looks like Purdy might be out with a concussion, but that probably means that CMC will just tear up the Bengals' defense on every play.

On 10/25/2023 at 2:57 PM, a3quit4s said:

There's only 2 or 3 Skylines in the Cleveland-ish area.   That stuff is definitely a Cincy area thing.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Imagine the possibility of losing 3 straight to the Browns Vikings, and Bengals 😅

Just remember @a3quit4s , at the end of the day sports are just rooting for a group of strangers that wear some colors you kind of like for no real reason 😆

After a few years of almost winning the Super Bowl I’m pretty immune to regular season losses lmao

16 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Making Kirk Cousins look good and Joe Burrow look like his 2021 form is telling me teams have figured out Wilks' pass defense scheme 🤔

Offense has fallen off a cliff since Deebo got hurt as well.  Two very interesting developments.

They figured out the softest zone defense ever along with we have like 3? sacks in the last like 3 games. Bosa got paid and disappeared. We forgot how to blitz and apparently aren’t allowed to throw screens to CMC or anyone cause they work too well. Soon we won’t even be the best team in the NFC West much less one of the best teams in the nfl

Edited by a3quit4s