IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

Editorials Team · Posted

The secret is to go to work 3 hours early to torture yourself in the gym all night before a Sunday night deploy that YOU scheduled.

That sort of self-evisceration karma has to be balanced out by your team turning a 180

You're welcome Niners nation 😎

...unless they blow it.  Then it's some sort of double negative reverse karma thingy.

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

I think there needs to be an explanation as to why Tua is not scrambling like he used to. Is it a fear of injury from the coaches? Fear of injury by Tua? Is his mobility being affected in any way? I thought it was encouraging at least seeing him run vs the Chiefs a few times, but that's obviously not the case every game.

His hip never healed. Affects his throw too. That’s what I hear anyway.

2 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

His hip never healed. Affects his throw too. That’s what I hear anyway.

Source? He looked like he could scramble before his concussion, so...

I'd give Tua another year before wanting a new QB. If there is an obvious upgrade, then you have to consider it, but I doubt it.

12 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Source? He looked like he could scramble before his concussion, so...

I'd give Tua another year before wanting a new QB. If there is an obvious upgrade, then you have to consider it, but I doubt it.

I sold a guy an electric knife for &5 on Facebook marketplace the other day and he showed up wearing a dolphins shirt. He told me he use to hold the tee for mare during practice and still had connects in the organization.

Who would even want Tua? Probably end up getting a 4th round pick for him.

It's interesting, it seems like only yesterday I was playfully teasing my wife in the leadup to the 2019 AFC Championship Game how sick everyone outside of New England was of the Patriots (they have gone to the Super Bowl four out of the past five times at this point) and what a refreshing change of pace it'd be for someone else to take the AFC pennant for a change!  Now all of a sudden, it's the Chefs who have now gone to the Big Game four out of five times and now most everyone outside the KC area is sick of them!

Edited by Estil

36 minutes ago, Estil said:

It's interesting, it seems like only yesterday I was playfully teasing my wife in the leadup to the 2019 AFC Championship Game how sick everyone outside of New England was of the Patriots (they have gone to the Super Bowl four out of the past five times at this point) and what a refreshing change of pace it'd be for someone else to take the AFC pennant for a change!  Now all of a sudden, it's the Chefs who have now gone to the Big Game four out of five times and now most everyone outside the KC area is sick of them!

image.gif.21f71e15827395bed868bc82aab68ee2.gif

1 hour ago, Estil said:

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain.

Remember when the Pats were the heroes for taking down the mighty St. Louis Rams in 2002? Yeah, that didn't age well.

5 hours ago, Tulpa said:

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain.

Remember when the Pats were the heroes for taking down the mighty St. Louis Rams in 2002? Yeah, that didn't age well.

Actually that was 2001.  Use the year of the season, not the year the SB takes place.  I do remember how in 2002 the Buccaneers (and later the 2009 Saints) finally won a Lombardi after being one of the laughing stocks of the league for most of their prior existence.  And the Lions might have made the Big Dance this year if their fearless leader had done just one or two things just a teensy bit differently...

18 hours ago, Estil said:

Actually that was 2001.  Use the year of the season, not the year the SB takes place. 

I'll use whatever frickin year I want.

The Patriot Evil Empire started in 2002, and that's the way it'll be, by gummit!

Teams are better off winning it all and then lying low for a decade, like the Bucs or the Ravens.

Edited by Tulpa