IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

@a3quit4s @Reed Rothchild that one puckered up my chowder hole damn

Brock has to do something about playing in adverse conditions though. 

I was so mad at how he and the team were playing until there was about 6 minutes left in the game along with the rest of niner nation lmao

Did what Jimmy never could though, came through when we needed him most. 

Edited by a3quit4s

Editorials Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I usually root for the 49ers because Phil Dawson (even though you failed to get him a SB ugh friggin jobbers) but I’m looking forward to Goff laying the smack down on your asses.  

I'm pretty sure there is a rule that if the Wolverines and Lions both win the title, all Ohio teams have to burn down their own stadiums.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm pretty sure there is a rule that if the Wolverines and Lions both win the title, all Ohio teams have to burn down their own stadiums.

Not on this one.  There’s comradery amongst Lake Erie bros.  Behind our city motto, “At least we’re not Detroit” is compassion for mutual suffering.  Really.  I swear.  

11 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I feel like if you switched coaching staffs, then Buffalo wins; this was literally how to make the wrong decision every time it matters...

I cannot believe on the bills last drive they were still throwing and not running to give the kicker an easier FG. Diggs was wide open running across the middle shallow with tons of room to run on that crappy throw to the end zone. Just shit all around. 

Im dying though at people calling the AFC championship game the Chiefs Invitational though, 6 times in a row is redic man Mahomes has never not played in a championship game ffs

6 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I cannot believe on the bills last drive they were still throwing and not running to give the kicker an easier FG. Diggs was wide open running across the middle shallow with tons of room to run on that crappy throw to the end zone. Just shit all around.

The other face-palm with that is: let's say Allen connects with the touchdown pass... so you're up less than a touchdown and giving Mahomes the ball to charge down the field with almost two minutes remaining so he can score last?!?  Like, you lose either way... who's making these assinine decisions??? 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I honestly can't imagine the NFC team winning in the SB this year: Purdy or Joff versus Jackson or Mahomes?  It's a walk-off for the AFC already...

2 things here, and I’ll agree that neither Goff or Purdy is on the same level as Lamar and Mahomes:

1. Any given Sunday 

2. Defense wins championships

I’m more worried about the Ravens than the Chiefs. The Bills straight up beat themselves by pulling a Shanahan and not running the ball on the last drive once they were in comfortable field goal range. The Ravens have played all the best teams and beaten them by at least 14 points. I think the Lions would put up a good defensive fight and Goff would come to play. 

The 49ers against the Ravens…hopefully they learned a lot after that Xmas game lmao. The ravens did have a lot go their way in that game although lately Purdy has had questionable passes that should have been INTs and weren’t. He also showed up in a big way when we needed him at the end of the game against Green Bay. The 49er pass rush did not show up against Green Bay like at all but I really do no see that happening again. If we can get our shit together against the Lions and get Deebo back for that game or for the Super Bowl, it’ll be another all timer Super Bowl. 

11 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

2 things here, and I’ll agree that neither Goff or Purdy is on the same level as Lamar and Mahomes:

1. Any given Sunday 

2. Defense wins championships

I’m more worried about the Ravens than the Chiefs. The Bills straight up beat themselves by pulling a Shanahan and not running the ball on the last drive once they were in comfortable field goal range. The Ravens have played all the best teams and beaten them by at least 14 points. I think the Lions would put up a good defensive fight and Goff would come to play. 

The 49ers against the Ravens…hopefully they learned a lot after that Xmas game lmao. The ravens did have a lot go their way in that game although lately Purdy has had questionable passes that should have been INTs and weren’t. He also showed up in a big way when we needed him at the end of the game against Green Bay. The 49er pass rush did not show up against Green Bay like at all but I really do no see that happening again. If we can get our shit together against the Lions and get Deebo back for that game or for the Super Bowl, it’ll be another all timer Super Bowl. 

You're right, any given Sunday, and to that effect, both games next weekend feel like toss-ups to me: all four teams could easily and realistically make it to the Super Bowl...

35 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You're right, any given Sunday, and to that effect, both games next weekend feel like toss-ups to me: all four teams could easily and realistically make it to the Super Bowl...

Hell yes! Lamar is having a hell of a season but it’s Mahomes and the Chiefs! Both the Niners and Lions are beatable! It’ll be chaos!

Yeah, Chiefs look totally beatable if the team that plays them in the SB doesn't utterly self destruct.  I've always hated how scrambling QB's like Jackson get put on a pedestal when they have no staying power and never win Championships - all flash and no substance; fun to watch but that's all...

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

You finally agree Tua sucks?

I think there needs to be an explanation as to why Tua is not scrambling like he used to. Is it a fear of injury from the coaches? Fear of injury by Tua? Is his mobility being affected in any way? I thought it was encouraging at least seeing him run vs the Chiefs a few times, but that's obviously not the case every game.