IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

2 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

if they resign Tua they are crazy.

You know he's under contract for another season right? So if he somehow plays very well, they just might. I only mention it because sometimes you seem to be living under a rock.

Edited by Mega Tank

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

You know he's under contract for another season right? So if he somehow plays very well, they just might. I only mention it because sometimes you seem to be living under a rock.

I was wondering why I was hearing the resign Tua talk. I didn’t care to look up the specifics because unless he goes for 300 yard and 3 tds every game next year, wins mvp, the Super Bowl and the Super Bowl mvp they would be crazy to resign him.

Editorials Team · Posted

The perfect ending here in sight...

Cowboys get completely shellacked.  Make a last minute rally to try and pull one out but have their hearts re-broken.

Packers go into Niners games with questions in the back of their head about nearly blowing a 30+ lead.  Come on teams, you can do it!

Just now, skinnygrinny said:

I was wondering why I was hearing the resign Tua talk. I didn’t care to look up the specifics because unless he goes for 300 yard and 3 tds every game next year, wins mvp, the Super Bowl and the Super Bowl mvp they would be crazy to resign him.

It's not as simple as you make it sound. You need to think about what players may be available for trade, free agency and the draft. The Dolphins will have to consider all options and they might have to pay him if no one is the "better" option. Still too early to worry about it, plus we have 3 QB under contract going into next year.

I'm more interested in seeing who gets resigned at the moment. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10103612-dolphins-2024-free-agents-targets-and-draft-needs-after-nfl-playoff-loss

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

The perfect ending here in sight...

Cowboys get completely shellacked.  Make a last minute rally to try and pull one out but have their hearts re-broken.

Packers go into Niners games with questions in the back of their head about nearly blowing a 30+ lead.  Come on teams, you can do it!

The Packers are too young and too inexperienced to be playing head games with themselves.  If I was a Niners fan, I would not want to be playing them next weekend;  Love is just starting to blossom and they have literally nothing to lose.  If they got absolutely blown away by the Niners this would still be considered a "successful" season for them by a very wide margin.

Packers look dangerous; you should be very concerned...

47 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Actually, if this is in anyone's head, it's LaFleur.  Will he ever get the Niners playoff monkey off their chests...

We'll find out in a week; the Packers will be playing fast and loose while the Niners are shaking off the rust from their bye week.  Do you remember 2010 when the Packers were the #6 seed and not really considered much more than fodder in the first round?  Well a couple of weeks later everyone was saying, "who the fuck is Aaron Rodgers?!?"  ...and a few weeks after that they were the champs.  Now, I'm not saying that's going to happen again this year, but I do see a lot of similarities between this Packers team and that one, and anything can happen in a tournament of single-elimination games...

Edited by Dr. Morbis