IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

44-19 in four years with a super appearance is no joke. Would have been two if we didn’t muff a punt return against the giants in the 2011 nfc championship game

TWO muffed punts!  Frickin Kyle Williams

Would have been three appearances if Kap could throw 3 inches higher.

7 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Better hope the 3rd stringers can hold kc under 20 points 😂

3rd? You don't know how to count past 3? I'm surprised Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas didn't get a call.

You think Cameron Wake just happened to be at the stadium and wasn't asked if he could still play? 😆

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Here come the injuries excuses 

It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

What disappoints me the most is the fact the strength heading into the all off season was the WR group, but it's focused heavily on Hill/Waddle that there seems to be no adjustment with either of them out.

29 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

What disappoints me the most is the fact the strength heading into the all off season was the WR group, but it's focused heavily on Hill/Waddle that there seems to be no adjustment with either of them out.

Hill and waddle have been rode hard and put away wet It’s no surprise they have both been injured. Btw welker could throw a jersey on! 

I know there is a lot of moments to choose from the Dynasty. The best dynasty in the history of the sport, but the empire finally went out with a whimper. There are countless moments I had opportunities to witness sheer greatness in the sport, much to the envy of so many I have come across. But they always had the one up I could never get past. I always would get reminded of 18-1. For nearly a decade those words hurt to hear, even though no matter where I went and lived, New England was always better than the local team. South FL? Iowa? Central VA? Anytime the question would come up at a new job, I replied with a non answer. "Do you watch NFL? Who is your team?" "I'm from New England". I was an apologist and forceful every time. No need to talk shit to me. I'm sorry. My team is better than yours. I have Tom Brady on my team. I have Bill on the sidelines. Miami fans? Bears fans? Redskins fans? Steelers fans(surprising Steelers fan base out in Central VA) well, okay. We respect another because your team is good too. Still, 18-1 was hard to hear. Then this happened.

The legion of BOOM disintegrated. Many people point to the miracle INT, but Butler read the play. Even moreso than the "28-3" that would occur two years later, the 4th quarter of this game is the best quarter of football  a team has ever played. The defense turned into legends and needed to be defeated by a miracle. And that miracle occurred when Butler broke up a downfield pass that miraculously carried into Kearse's lap who was laying in the ground a couple yards away. Here we go again! And even before that, Tom Brady and the offense just started dissecting the so called "Legion of Boom" He figured them out and marched down field for consecutive scores to steal the lead from the "Best Defense Ever Assembled".

One must remember, even after the infamous pass play, the so called Legion of Boom had two more opportunities with NE on the half yard line to make something happen. Anything. What happens? Brady draws them off sides. He blew out the candles on them and made them look like a bunch of amateurs. 18-1 is now an irrelevant comment with a 4th ring!

So cheers to Bill for being architect of the team that made that most amazing moment of greatness. It won't be forgotten.

On 1/7/2024 at 9:57 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Sports are cool.

image.png.c62730b3f4f0b525dd37a8ca3187a7ad.png

image.png.7881e5905ccbb01d7c3247f37a3ac8a4.pngimage.png.eae15bef473f07bf3911ccc99bdc9cab.pngimage.png.306a78ef6bf7cb01b13c86e06f77c81e.pngimage.png.8b3cbbba9c221d573c3f3d06607330c8.pngimage.png.f4fe11a5d2c33e74e4ba50a70a944d6f.png

49ers make it a 3rd championship loss over the last decade and I'm converting to field hockey or something 😆

I was coincidentally right by the stadium on Sunday when the game was ending.  Thought to myself "I know a Grizz fan online."

It was a fun season. Injuries defintely destroyed what the team could achieve.

What was most concerning towards the end of the season was how predictable the offense seemed to be and some very questionable calls on offense. 3rd and 2 and two pass calls are made? Really need to address not having a big phyisical running back to get those yards or utilize our fullback and give him some carries from time to time. Tua ran more vs the Chiefs and that was neat, so hopefully he can do that more next season. McDaniel needs to fix the offense on the road, something is clearly not working with the timing. Also, I always thought our recievers were the strongest group heading i to the season, but outside of Hill/Waddle, no one stepped up. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

It was a fun season. Injuries defintely destroyed what the team could achieve.

What was most concerning towards the end of the season was how predictable the offense seemed to be and some very questionable calls on offense. 3rd and 2 and two pass calls are made? Really need to address not having a big phyisical running back to get those yards or utilize our fullback and give him some carries from time to time. Tua ran more vs the Chiefs and that was neat, so hopefully he can do that more next season. McDaniel needs to fix the offense on the road, something is clearly not working with the timing. Also, I always thought our recievers were the strongest group heading i to the season, but outside of Hill/Waddle, no one stepped up. Oh well.

Probably help if Waddle didn’t take himself out of the game after every catch.  Team is definition of glass cannon.